Feeling Down

The Timing is Always Off!

Jonghyun's POV

This can't be true. Does she really think those things? Now that I think of it, I'm a total brat. Jieun's too nice not to say anything. She probably does pity me.

We've been friends since elementary Jieun, why didn't you say anything? Why would you let me fall for you?

I bug her and a lot, but that's the only way I can express my feelings towards her. Sure I flirt with other girls, even Jieun but I've never expressed my feelings to a girl...or to anyone actually.

I-I sorry Jieun. I'm sorry that I can't stop loving you.

To think, I actually thought you liked me too. But my feelings won't change for you Jieun.

I cry at the thought of the woman I love not being there in my life.

She was starting to get distant with me so I skipped school for a week hoping to get her attention. Then I wanted to spend time with her so I asked her to spend the entire day with me. It was just wrong. This whole turned out to be a disater.

Maybe I should let her be for a while. This will be the most painful thing ever.

 

Jieun's POV

I began to blink my eyes. I was getting used to the lighting. I sat up at saw that I was lying down on a bed. I was at the nurse's office. Then I saw Taemin sleeping in a chair like an angel. 

I tried to figure out what was going on. 

Now I remember: Minhee getting jealous and almost killing me and Taemin rescuing me. Little, innocent Taemin.

Then I remembered Minhee's words. That I don't deserve what I have and I'm worthless. I just annoy everyone and they all hate me.

I put my head down. The words sank in. Everyone probably thinks I'm this who uses guys as boy toys. But I'm still a and no one will believe me.

I hate my reputation. Whenever I ask a guy out I always intend for us to be just friends but they don't think that so I just go along with it.

I always say yes when I'm asked by a guy because I want to be nice.

I'm not a ...am I?

Jonghyun.

He probably thinks the same thing. I can see that he actually has chemistry with the girls he dates, something I will never have.

I'm probably so annoying to him. Me being rude to him and talking back even if he wants to do something for me. Does he know I'm just teasing because I feel that we're too close that I can be most myself around him? Does he know that sometimes I think really hard to do the right things around you. I tried texting you but you didn't reply until two days later. I did think I was annoying you so I gave you some space, but when you skipped school, my heart couldn't take it and I needed to see you.

Does he know that he's practically the closest person to me and I never want to lose him?

Does he know that I've always and will always love him?

 

Jieun's POV

"Jieun?" I heard someone call. I was still deeply thinking.

I looked up and saw Taemin called my name.

"Jieun! You're okay!" He said as he gave me a tight hug, my hair.

I still couldn't speak for some reason though. I was just in his arms unable to say anything.

"Noona, I was so worried about you. I did the best I could to protect you, I'm sorry," He whispered.

N-noona?! 

Finally he let go and stared at me with a soft smile.

"T-thank you. There's no reason for you to say sorry. I should apologize for being a burden to you. I must've looked like a mess," I tried to luagh off to tell him that I was fine. But I wasn't at all fine.

He looked into my eyes, "You always look beautiful, Noona." I was completely hypnotized in his big eyes.

He chuckled and I tilted my head, "Noona neomu yeppeo," he began to sing. A little smile and blush escaped onto my face. He has a really nice voice which reminded of Jonghyun. 

At the thought of Jonghyun I put my head down with a small frown.

Taemin looked worried, "I'm sorry, Jieun," he had his head down too.

"No, Taemin, you didn't do anything...It's just...I was thinking...I...I have a lot on my mind, sorry," I tried to explain.

He looked the other way trying to avoid my eyes.

"Taemin-ah, you have a beautiful voice," I said as I looked at him.

He looked at me with a small smile, "R-really? I was barely singing and I don't think I could ever be as good as Jonghyun hyung."

I nodded my head, "It doesn't really matter. To me, you're an amazing singer," I smiled.

To be honest, even though I was in love with Jonghyun, I was Taemin biased in SHINee...hehehehe....

"Really? Thanks Noona!" He smiled. His smile was so angelic and it warmed my heart.

I've only felt this way about Jonghyun. That chemistry feeling that couples get. What am I feeling?

Taemin's POV

Jonghyun hyung, I'm sorry. But you're so lucky and I can't help to fall for her also. I know you like her and I know she likes you too.

I've been try hard to not fall but it's too damn hard. Maybe I should just leave her alone for a while and let her go to you.

I know she doesn't feel the same way about me as I do of her...but I just can't let go.

Maybe I should just move on. Maybe I should tell her how I feel. 

My heart and mind kept arguing like this and I was so confused. I gripped onto my hard and started shaking my head.

"Taemin, what are you doing?" Minho laughed.

I stopped instanly, "Huh? Oh er, nothing...." He looked at me weird.

"HYUUUUUUNNNNNGGG! I'M HUNGRY! UMMA! HYUNG! AND I DON'T WANT CHICKEN!" I tried to say as cute as I could to keep everyone from getting suspicious.

"Yah! I like chicken but you guys make me seem I'm obsessed and mental about it," Onew pouted.

We were all at Key's house visiting. The whole apartment that SHINee lived in was destroyed in a fire and we all have to stay at our homes in Seoul with our family until further notice.

We all visit each other's houses often but we never visited Jonghyun at his house, I don't know why.

After Key and Onew cooked dinner and we ate it, me, Minho and Onew hyung went to the library to start homework while Jonghyun and Key stayed back for a while to clean.

Jonghyun's POV

Me and Key were in the Kitchen cleaning up.

Key was telling me story about a girl he likes and how she had a boyfriend and how she would always show him what her boyfriend got her.

"Maybe she's trying to tell you that she wants something better and she wants you to get it for her," I said.

I'm more of a listener and advice giver than an expresser. 

He nodded and continued his stories.

"Just saying, you can tell me anything. Even about the most awkward stuff," I said out of the blue.

He looked at me weirdly but smiled, "Of course I know that."

Then I just realized that was the same thing I said to Jieun 4 years ago when we were freshmen.

My heart just keeps aching and aching.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AYO WADDUP?! I'M BACK! Sorry, it took a while, I wasn't feeling too good and I was sick. Bleh

@TofuSleep - Thanks for supporting your leader! Haha. OMO! I JUST LOVE FLUFFY FANFICS! IT MAKES MY HEART FLUTTER SO MUCH! Anyways, since Taemin is legal internationally (but not in my mind) he's all grown up. Jongtae FTW! Good luck with your fanfic! FIGHTING!

@B2UTYnMUSICLAND - Thanks, you're a really supportive maknae aren't you (half sarcastic, half serious) Anyways, thanks again. I wanna see an EXO fanfic from you!!!! Keep in touch! 

​@ElmoBrew - Mianhae! Mianhae! Mianhae! Sorry for making you wait so long! Anyways, glad you enjoyed it though. Taemin is slowly making his way into the picture isn't he? I just hope everything will work out in the end for everyone, especially Jonghyun and Jieun! Thanks for your comment and for reading! ^.^

@StarlightN - Awwww thank you! I'll do my best to think of more things to make this fanfic more interesting for readers like you. I'll try to update soon! Thanks for the comment ^.^ HWAITING!

To all my silent readers, I appreciate you reading and being silent xD 

Isn't his laugh too cute? Kpop has gotten me to laugh like that but...I look like a horse laughing now...

Also, isn't Kai just the most smexiest thing you've ever seen?!?!?! I mean look at this hotness. *Fangirling hehehe

My biases are: BAEKHYUN! KAI! XIUMIN! AND TAO! 

But I wish I could have them all D:

Okay, Annyeong~!