Surprise

The Timing is Always Off!

Jieun (YOU) POV:

Today was the day Jonghyun would be back in Korea with me. He promised some sort of surprise and I was excited. I wasn't anything at all. This was all unnecessary but that's just the kind of boyfriend Jonghyun was.

I was lying on my bed. I was another Saturday morning. I finished all my homework last night so I could spend al my weekend with Jonghyun. Don't call me obsesssed, call me in love.

I've seen him get hurt before. He's seen me get hurt before. We both agreed we would never want that to happened again. 

I decided instead of waiting for him all day, I went outside.

I started walking towards the market to eat and shop.

I went to my favourite food stand and ordered my usual. I was leaving to get a table to rest and eat but then someone bumped into me, spilling my food on the ground.

"I'm soooooo sorry!" A girl that looked my age said, bowing numerous time.

"I'm really sorry, it was an accident."

I giggled, "it's okay, don't worry about it," I calmly said.

"I'll treat you to a new one! Please," the girl offered.

"Uhm, it's fine. You don't have to."

"Please!" She insisted.

"Ummm okay, but really, you don't need to. I'm completely fine," I said.

"I want to," She smiled. I smiled at her back.

She bought me new food and food for herself. We sat at a table and started talking.

Her name was Ahn Eunmi and she was also my age. She was new in the area and she's going to my school. We talked about all sorts of things. Her interests. My interests. Hobbies, sports, subjects. I quickly made a new friend.

We started shopping together too. We played a game where we had to buy the other person a new outfit. The one she picked me was really nice. I decided to wear it tonight for when Jonghyun came. 

The whole afternoon we spent together, Jonghyun was never mentioned. I don't know why.

I mentioned that SHINee and a bunch of trainees who were debuting soon attended our school, but I never mentioned I was dating Jonghyun.

"Well, I have somewhere special to be in the evening. I have to go and get ready," I said.

"Oh, that's okay. I hope you have fun! I'll see you at school on Monday. Thanks for today, Jieun!" She beamed.

"No, thank you! I hope we'll be great friends."

With that, we exchanged numbers and I left.

I went home and to my room to get ready. At that moment, I got a text.

Just landed in Korea. I can't wait to see you, Jung Jieun <3

From: Jonghyun

I smiled as I read the text. After that, I got a new text.

Have you forgotten that I have a surprise for you? Meet me at the park in an hour. I love you :D

From: Jonghyun

I spent an hour getting ready. I curled my hair for once and put a bow in it. I did my make-up light but I put on red lipstick because I know Jonghyun loves it when I do that. I looked at my outfit in the mirror. 

4

I looked at the time.

8:00pm

It's been an hour.

I made my way outside towards the park.

Walking slowly, everything was dark.

Where was he?

I checked my phone over and over again.

All of a sudden, there was a flash of white lights.

I turned around to find the jungle gym decorated with fairy lights. 

On the bridge of the jungle gym, Minho, Key, Taemin and Minho were leaning against the railing. They were all wearing black tuxes.

I smiled an they smiled back. 

The four of them started sing their song "Honesty"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQwoah1yTw

When it was Jonghyun's part, he slid down the slide and I finally got to see him.

He was walking straight towards me, searching my eyes.

They continued with the song. The entire time, Jonghyun was standing front of me, grabbing my hands and looking into my eyes. He would caress my cheeks every now and then. After the song ended with Minho's rap, Jonghyun pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I missed you so much," He whispered.

Tears started welling up in my eyes.

"I did too," I whispered.

"Jieun, I have something important to ask you," he said. His voiced dropped down when he said that.

I looked at him, gesturing him to go on.

"Jieun, I want you by my side all the time. I want to go home and know you're safe. I want you to always be warm and have nice dreams. So I'm asking you. Move in with me," He sweetly said.

My heart started beating 500 more times than it should.

My eyes started producing tears.

"Yes. I would love that," I said, hugging him and bringing down for a kiss.

"WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JONGHYUN'S FINALLY OUT OF THE DORM!" Minho loudly celebrated behind us.

Jonghyun broke the kiss and we both turned to Minho. I was amused and smiled while he was glowing with fire and anger.

"Choi Minho," He growled.

Minho smirked. Jonghyun started running after Minho. They chased each other around the park. I laughed at my dorky boyfriend who I will be living with.

Taemin, Key and Onew smiled and walked up to me.

"The best part is, we're your neighbors!" They happily said.

"Congratulations!" Key said, patting my back.

Living with Jonghyun and the rest of SHINee as our neighbors? 

This will be interesting.