Happy Birthday

The Timing is Always Off!

LOL my bad. This is the full update guys. I kept forgetting to hide the chapter because I wasn't done. 

Important Author's Note at the end! Please read!

Jonghyun's POV:

Today, I finally got discharged from the hospital.

When my little Jieun found out about my little accident, she started running to the hospital as fast as her petit feet could to come to me.

For a week, she took care of me and never did complain. She gave me lots of kisses, especially on my nose because that's where it was damaged the most.

Spending day after day with her never gets old. It feels like I'm falling in love for her all over again. That's how powerful she is to me and I'm certain the many guys she's dated in the past. I can't wait until she is my wife in let's say, 5 years?

I was supposed to move in with her last week but since of my stupid little mishap, it got postponed.

It was 11am and I'm leaving the hospital...alone.

I took out my phone and all there was were a few messages from my members and my friends and a few thousand notifications from my fans.

Did I mention today is my birthday?

I put that thought aside for a while and thought of Jieun first. She didn't message me at all today.

I decided to call her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Baby~ where are you?" I said.

"I'm really sorry jagi but I'm really busy today. I promise after I'm done, I'll go to you right away and we can do whatever you want! I promise!" She said.

"Baby, are you sure? I'm gonna miss you," I said with a little frown on my face.

"Absolutely! I'm reeeeally busy so I have to go now. Bye, I love you sooooo much!" She said before she hung up.

I was pretty upset but she's busy and I shouldn't stop her. That would be selfish.

Originally, me and her would leave the hospital together and hopefully start moving in.

Buzz

To: Honey Abs Hyung

Hyung! Come to the dorm! Let's all hang out for your birthday! Hurry!

From: Taes

I chuckled. I shouldn't spend this day moping. Jieun wouldn't want that, right?

I headed my way to SHINee's dorm, carefully driving this time.

"Jonghyun! Good to see you all better now! We missed you!" Minho said.

I gave him a weird look. This is not Choi Minho.

"It's actually true, he took your accident the hardest," Onew hyung said.

"Awwww Minbutt, I missed you guys to," I said.

We all gathered into a group hug.

"We're gonna have a SHINee marathon," Taemin said.

"What?" 

"You know, Yunhanam, Hello Baby, Wonderful Day and more," He explained.

"Ahhhh I see. Sounds fun!" I said.

We all gathered into our living room.

"Wait! Before we start...." Key said, dashing into the kitchen.

He came back carrying a cake,

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jonghyun~ happy birthday to you!" They sang in English.

I blew the candles and made my wish

Good health to my friends, my family, my members and my Jung Jieun

"YAY! The members cheered.

"I'll go get some snacks before we start," I said heading to the kitched ruffling their hair in the process.

These guys really mean a lot to me.

I came back with a bunch of Japanese snacks I bought when I was in Japan and sat down on the couch.

We started with Yunhanam. We really grew a lot over these past years.

When we got to the second episode, I asked them to skip it.

"Why? I liked this episode," Key asked.

"Yeah, but I don't want to see myself on date and doing all that sweet stuff I did with a girl other than Jieun..." I explained.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" they all cooed. They were going insane because of what I said.

"And you call me cheesy?!" Minho said.

We continued watching and eventually we went on to Hello Baby.

During the 6th episode, we got a video call on our laptop.

I widened my eyes to see that it was from Yoogeun.

"Yoogeun-ah!" I said, pressing answer imediately.

"Saengil chukha hamnida Jonghyun appa!" He sang through the computer.

His family also gave me birthday wishes and he started dancing to Dream Girl. 

He said that we should visit him more often and I promised him I will visit him soon but this time with a pretty noona for him.

"Whoa look Jonghyun! It was your birthday there! Let's reanact it!" Taemin said pointing to the screen where it was the episode of Hello Baby when we had a little party for me.

"No."

"Why not!"

"Why yes?"

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Taemin I really don't arhhgghg" I almost choked when Taemin stuffed a banana in my mouth.

"Ha! I did it!" Taemin said. I rolled my eyes.

We ended Hello Baby and moved onto Wonderful Day. It wasn't complete yet so we only stopped on episode 7.

It was 6pm when we were finished. The others were now doing their own thing.

Jieun has messaged or called me all day. I'm really starting to worry.

I called her again and she didn't pick up. 

That's it. 

I took my jacket and stormed out the door, without anyone stopping me which I found rather odd.

I went all the way to Jieun's house and knocked on her door. The door opened but Jieun wasn't the one who answered it was Jinri, her little sister. 

"Jonghyun oppa!" She greeted, "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you Jinnie, how are you and your parents?" I asked.

"I'm good and their getting better! Wanna know why?" 

"Why?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Because of you and Jieun unnie," She said.

"What?"

"It's because they see how in love you guys are and it remined them of when they were in love," She explained.

She hugged me and thanked me. I geniune smile crept onto my face.

"I'm so glad to hear that Jinnie!" I said after I hugged her back.

"Here, Jieun unnie also told me to give you this," She said, handing me a peice of paper.

"Jonghyun. My Jonghyun. Would you like to go on a scavenger hunt?" I read the note aloud.

"Remember to keep all the notes utill the end. First go up to Jinri's room and she'll give you a note."

Jinri leaded my up the stairs to her room. I looked around.

"Your parent still don't know I stayed here for while right?" I asked.

"Yup, your secret is safe," she assured.

She handed me note that a picture of me and the numbers 04.08.90. My birthday.

There was a note at the back

Happy Birthday Jonghyun~

Thank you for wishing for my health and your friends and your family and your beloved members health

I plan to spend many more birthdays with you.

I chuckled. How did she know what I wished?

Now greet my parents downstairs and they will give you something. Remember to be polite!

I went downstairs and looked for her mom and dad.

"Jonghyun! Happy birthday!" Her father greeted me with a pat on my back and her mom hugged me.

Her parents absolutely adored me.

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Jung!" I said, bowing.

"Here you go, and call us appa and umma!" Her mother said, handing me a card.

It was a picture of her family plus me during her birthday.

I know we've talked about this millions of times.

But I really hope that the people that gave you this card, you will also call umma and appa.

Look at the picture! I also hope to start that!

I smiled. Hope? Doesn't she already know that I want to spend my future with her.

Go to our usual cafe and order your usual

It took me 5 minutes to reach the cafe.

"The usual please," I said to the ajumma.

She smiled and also greeted me happy birthday. I bowed in respect.

I sat down and started eating and staring at the picture of us baking together.

To all the sweet and greasy things you've done.

I hope you continue because I that side of you.

Go to the park where you asked me to move in with you.

It took me another 5 minutes to do so. I saw hanging on a tree from a string a piece of paper.

There was also a polaroid camera

This place is important to me, you always knew that right?

Thank you taking me everywhere and to new experiences.

Take a picture of yourself with the polaroid and head to our apartment.

I love you.

I was really excited now. I quickly took a selca of me smiling sweetly and slightly blushing.

I went to the apartment complex where me, Jieun and SHINee were now living in.

I went to our floor and knocked on our door.

Onew opened the door and I was a little surprised by that.

"Hyung?" I asked.

"Keep walking," he said smiling.

I went inside and saw that the apartment was already done and painted and decorated and everything.

SHINee and Jieun were under a banner that read "Happy Birthday Jonghyun!"

The place a decorated in how I would say... "SHINee" style.

Jieun came up to me and I gave her a really big hug. I started to lift her from her feet.

"Happy birthday, Jonghyun," She said softly.

I kissed her tender lips that I love so much.

"I did this when you were at the hospital and the extra touched today," She explained, "That's why I was so busy."

"I love it. I love you," I said, kissing her again.

"M-must not c-," Minho said standing with SHINee. We bursted out laughing.

"Let's take a picture with the polariod," She said.

I adjusted it and went to Jieun and SHINee 

click

The photo developed.

"Give me your photos too. I'm gonna put them in a scrapbook," She said.

After we all ate dinner together, played games and had fun.

SHINee left and it was now bed time for me and Jieun.

We cuddled in our new bed and exchanged small talk and sweet nothings.

"Finally, our timing is perfect," I whispered into her ear before letting her sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wahhhh~

It was so bittersweet pressing the complete button omo

Of course I will work on the previous chapters because they're really embarrassing huhu.

Thank you to all my subbies, readers and commenters <3

Please stay tuned because I will fix this story up.

Look forward to an improved story I guess..

Please read my other fanfic

Through A Sasaeng Fan's Camera Lens

It's an EXOxYou fanfic and it's less embarrassing than this...

also

WHO KNOWS, I MIGHT MAKE SEQUEL TO THIS!!!

~MissKkam