04

The Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After finding his sister and letting her hug the crap out of him and lecture him about going missing, Sungyeol started heading to the dorms with Sunggyu to get cleaned up. Sungjong and Himchan had to go to class since it was the first day of school after all despite it not feeling like so. Sungyeol and Sunggyu didn’t dare utter a single word to each other about what had happened the night before. No words could describe what the two had gone through, it didn’t even feel real. It felt like it didn’t happen.

Sunggyu was frustrated that this had happen now of all times. Sunggyu didn’t understand why the red star next to the moon reappeared so brightly more than before that night. He didn’t understand why there was a fight broken out on the cruise ship. He didn’t understand how he arrived to school in the state he was in now. He didn’t understand anything at all but one thing he knew for sure, he needed to call his mother to ask her to explain to him what she meant about how his destiny lied within Woollim Academy and how he will have to fulfill his duty to the family soon enough.

Sungyeol, on the other hand, brushed everything off and tried not to recall what had happen the night before. It wasn’t that he couldn’t remember, he didn’t want to remember. ‘It was too weird,’ Sungyeol thought as Sunggyu and Sungyeol were walking inside the dorms when they both bumped into someone who was rushing out the dorms by accident.

“Ack, sorry,” Sunggyu apologized as he rubbed his chest after the impact of the bump and Sungyeol held onto Sunggyu trying to keep himself from falling over.

“Sorry! It was my fau- Sunggyu hyung?” The voice called out and Sunggyu looked up to see a familiar smiling face.
“Baekhyun-ah!” Sunggyu said happily and the boy before him hugged him.

“Oh man! I was starting to get worried since I didn’t see any of your stuff unpacked in our dorm,” Baekhyun said laughing lightheartedly.

“We’re dormmates?” Sunggyu asked as he raised an eyebrow surprised.

“Yeah! Of course silly!” Baekhyun said still laughing. He then stopped as if something popped into his mind and checked his watch quickly before looking up at Sunggyu with a worried expression, “Crap! I gotta go to kendo practice or else Chanyeol is going to kill me! We’ll catch up later, all right!?” Baekhyun shouted as he ran off into the distance of the Academy campus. Sunggyu chuckled and waved seeing his friend’s bright expression. Sunggyu felt relieved, 'at least everything at school is normal,' Sunggyu thought and turned up to see Sungyeol looking confused.

“Ah, he’s my roommate,” Sunggyu explained while pushing the front doors in.

“Yeah, I figured that,” Sungyeol said and chuckled a bit before continuing to walk inside the dorm building. Sungyeol followed along Sunggyu who seemed to know where he was going and walked up to the dorm front desk and met up with the head of the dorm.

“Jiyong Hyung! I didn’t know you were still dorm head,” Sunggyu called out waving when they reached the desk.

“Sunggyu, fine seeing you here late in the after noon. I heard about the huge commotion you created this morning. I must say, I’m impressed. I didn’t take you for a trouble maker,” Jiyong said amused as he hopped over the desk and smirked. Sunggyu laughed nervously hoping Jiyong wouldn’t pester and ask him what happened. Jiyong continued smirking but then noticed someone unfamiliar beside Sunggyu. He then eyed Sungyeol up and down not sure to make of the boy’s appearance, he was clearly a mess and Jiyong hated people who were messy. Sunggyu chuckled and then noticed how Jiyong was eyeing Sungyeol.

“Hyung, go easy on the poor guy. He’s the new transfer student, Lee Sungyeol. Can we go to our dorms please? I’m cold and ack-” Sunggyu sneezed and Sungyeol laughed while patting the older man. Jiyong smiled thinking that he'll forgive the poor kid today for looking like such a big mess and took a couple keys with him and a clip board from behind the desk before turning around to them again.

“This way my gentlemen,” Jiyong said as he ushered them up the elevators of the dorm to the 5th floor and walked down one of the hallways. Sungyeol stared amazed at how modern everything looked. ‘This school must be friggin filthy rich,’ Sungyeol thought as he glanced at all the nice paintings lined perfectly straight on the hall ways while noting how some looked familiar to the ones in his own home and the nice clean large hallway windows looking out the large campus. Sungyeol glanced out the window and that’s when he spotted the large circle imprint on the courtyard of the campus where he was just as half an hour ago. Sungyeol stopped and stared at it, it was huge and he couldn’t believe that he was lying right in the middle of it all just an hour ago.

“Sungyeol?” Sungyeol heard Jiyong’s familiar voice call out for him down the hallway and snapped out of his thoughts. Sungyeol then caught up with the two and Jiyong handed him a pair of keys.

“Uhmmmmm,” Sungyeol said staring confused at the keys in his palms.

“Your dorm room key,” Jiyong said as he took the key out of Sungyeol’s palms and unlocked the door for him. Sungyeol stood in front of the door as Sunggyu and Jiyong stepped aside to the boy could open the door himself. Sungyeol opened the door and jumped back surprised while gasping.

“The hell?” Jiyong frowned as he stared at the body lying face down right in front of him. Sunggyu stared wide eyed at the body when he then noticed the large familiar sword laying next to the boy. Sungyeol then noticed it too and grabbed onto Sunggyu tightly recognizing the boy.

“Myungsoo-ah! Get up! What the hell are you doing laying in the middle of the door way?!” Jiyong shouted as he bent down to pick up the boy. As Jiyong got Myungsoo to stand up straight by holding onto the boy’s waist, Myungsoo groaned and as he opened his eyes slowly as felt tired, hungry, and fatigued. He noticed the tall familar boy holding tightly onto the man next to him. For some reason Myungsoo didn’t like that and so he growled and glared at the man the tall boy was holding tightly onto causing Sungyeol and Sunggyu to twitch. Jiyong noticed this and smacked Myungsoo on the back of his head.

“Yah! Who are you growling at? Be nice! Sungyeol is your roommate! Don’t make me get Yongguk to come up here and teach you a lesson on manners,” Jiyong scolded the boy as he then turned around and carried Myungsoo to an empty bed in the room. Sungyeol and Sunggyu stood there too scared and unsure if they should follow or not.

“S-Sunggyu hyung,” Sungyeol whispered as Jiyong and Myungsoo disappeared into the room.

“Y-yeah?” Sunggyu answered just as quiet as he stared at the room making sure that Myungsoo wasn’t going to run out and swing that sword of his at them.

“I-is he just me or is it the same kid?" Sungyeol asked unsure and hoped Sunggyu would say that it wasn't the same kid.

"It's not just you. It's the same kid," Sunggyu answered as he felt Sungyeol's grip on him tighten.

"W-wait, how does Jiyong hyung know that kid? A-and, why is he my roommate?” Sungyeol asked skeptical. He was going to have to share a room with the kid that made his experience on the cruise so unbelievable. The fact that the boy was there meant that everything that he experienced was real. Sungyeol didn’t know what to do from here on out since he was confused as hell.

“Yah! Are you two just going to stand there? Come in!” They heard Jiyong shout for them and jumped slightly from surprised. Sungyeol then noticed he was still holding tightly onto Sunggyu and let go coughing a bit as he was slightly embarrassed and walked into the room. Sunggyu, who was completely oblivious followed Sungyeol closely behind fearing the boy with the sword still. When the two of them entered the room, the boy named Myungsoo was passed out on the bed and Jiyong was wearing an apron.

“Hyung?” Sunggyu asked as he stared at Jiyong confused.

“Sorry, Myungsoo is hungry. I don’t even know what he’s been up to for the past week since he’s gone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter