01

The Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sungjong-ah! Slow down! I can’t keep up with you!” Sungyeol shouted as he ran after his little brother. Sungyeol then saw his brother stop in his tracks, turn around, stuck his tongue out, and then proceeded to run again.

“Yah! Did you just-” Sungyeol gasped as he stopped and then stomped his foot in disbelief seeing his brother act that way, “Oh my god, you’re so going to get it once I catch you!” Sungyeol shouted as he started to sprint faster following his brother onto the the large cruise ship.

“Yah! Where do you think you two are going?! Help me with the luggage!” Hyunah shouted after her two siblings as she struggled to carry the huge amounts of luggage onto the cruise. Sungyeol stopped chasing after Sungjong and turned around realizing that he was leaving his sister. He then ran back and helped take some luggage from her.

“Sorry, noona. I swear that brat thinks he can get away with anything just because he’s the maknae.” Sungyeol grumbled as they walked to their room on the cruise. He heard a soft chuckle from his sister.

“Oh please, like you’re one to talk, Mr Oh-So-Mighty-Marked-One,” Hyunah said the last part in a mocking tone. Sungyeol wrinkled his eyebrows displeased.

“Noona, I still don’t even get what’s so hot about being marked. I don’t even have a mark on my body. For the past 17 years, there has been no mark on my body whatsoever.I swear, I think grandpa is going a little insane.” Sungyeol stated frustrated with the nickname his sister gave him. Ever since he was born, his grandpa was always spewing nonsense about how he has to do well in the future for the family and that being marked was a wonderful thing. His grandpa would always point to his collar bone and smile really creepily. It gave Sungyeol the creeps. He then heard his noona laugh once more.

“I don’t get it either. Maybe you should ask dad why gramps is always like that,” Hyunah suggested but Sungyeol rolled his eyes at that.

“Dad isn’t going to tell me anything. I swear he likes me the least out of us three,” Sungyeol said a bit sadly and he felt his noona pat his back.

“Yah, don’t say that. You know he’s all about the tough love thing,”

“Yeah right, then tell me why I was forced to take so many martial arts and defense classes while you and Sungjongie get to run around in the park and play?” Sungyeol asked started to feel a bit bitter remembering his childhood. Hyunah shrugged. She really didn’t know why dad was so strict towards Sungyeol but not her or Sungjongie.

“I don’t know,” Hyunah saw the irritated look her brother gave her and she chuckled, “But cheer up! We’re on the cruise on our way to our new school. I’ll be teaching while you two will be attending. It’ll be nice to get away from creepy gramps and tough loving dad!” Sungyeol smiled seeing his sister trying to cheer him up. He was happy going away though. He was going to start his first day at Woollim Academy. It was a huge private school ranging from High school all the way to University. His grandpa and his dad tried to make him go alone but he begged them to let Sungjongie and Hyunah to come. With his constant begging, they surprisingly finally gave in. He was going to miss his mom and grandma though. They always cheered him on and supported him in whatever he was going to do. They were his foundation and the people he loved the most.

After Hyunah and Sungyeol settled in their little room in the cruise, they set out to find their brother. Sungyeol walked around starting to get restless seeing how he couldn’t find his brother. As Sungyeol checked the dining area one more time, he stopped in his tracks and stared at three boys across the room. He then recognized the familiar figure in the distance talking to two other boys.

“Sungjong-ah!” Sungyeol shouted and the figure turned around. Sungyeol sighed a sigh of relief and then ran over to where Sungjong was standing. Sungyeol quickly put Sungjong into a headlock not caring if his brother was going to be in pain.

“Ow ow ow ow ow!” Sungjong wailed as he tried to get his brother off him, “Hyung! Hyung! I’m sorry! Ow!”

“Lee Sungjong! How dare you run off and leave me and Hyunah noona to carry the bags! You lazy bum!” Sungyeol scolded his brother. Sungyeol suddenly heard chuckling and looked up to find two boys laughing. He loosened his grip on Sungjong and Sungjong took the chance to jump back and hide behind one of the boys.

“Himchan hyung and Sunggyu hyung, help me!” Sungjong whined and Sungyeol frowned at Sungjong.

“Yah, get your over here and stop bothering people,” Sungyeol said as he continued frowning at the scrawny boy.

“Hyungs, help me. I won’t be able to survive tonight at this rate. That tall ape will surely murder me,” Sungjong continued to whine and the other two boys laughed louder.

“Damn right you won’t be able to survive tonight after calling me a tall ape,” Sungyeol humphed.

“Sungjonggie, so this is the brother you were looking for,” The one with smaller eyes said and Sungjong nodded. Suddenly Sungjong’s eyes light up and Sungyeol looked to where Sungjong was looking at.

“Noona!” Sungjong called out for his older sister and ran towards her, “Sungyeol hyung was about to kill me! Thank goodness you’re here!”

“Where have you been!? I was worried sick looking for you!” Hyunah cried out to Sungjong as she embraced him in her arms. She then pulled him in front of her and checked him to make sure he wasn’t hurt. “Jesus, never run off like that again!”

“Sorry noona,” Sungjong apologized seeing how Hyunah was so worried. Sungyeol sighed seeing his two siblings and turned to face the two boys that were accompanying Sungjong earlier. He bowed his head slightly.

“Thank you for looking over him,” Sungyeol said thankfully and the two boys bowed back a bit surprised.

“Oh no, it was fine,” The guy with smaller eyes said and Sungyeol smiled.

“I’m Lee Sungyeol, his older brother. That over there is Lee Hyunah, our oldest sister,” Sungyeol introduced him to them. He then chuckled as he heard Hyunah starting to scold Sungjong across the room.

“I’m Kim Sunggyu and this is my younger brother, Kim Himchan. Sungjong told us you guys are also going to attend Woollim academy. Oh and that your sister is going to be a math teacher and that you’re new students?” Sunggyu asked and Sungyeol perked up.

“Yeah! I’ll be an incoming high school senior and Sungjong will be an incoming sophomore, what about you guys?”

“We’ve been attending the school for a while now. I’m a senior too!” Himchan said enthusiastically.

“I’ll be a sophomore in Univeristy,” Sunggyu said with a small smile. They then continued their talk about the school and things they have in common. Hyunah and Sungjong eventually joined in and they soon separated and headed off to bed.

The next morning they all met up again and had breakfast with each other. It would be another 3 hours until they reached the school. They walked out of the dining area and decided to walk around the deck. For some reason Sungyeol noticed a bright red flash in the sky next to the translucent moon in the sky. Sungy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter