02

The Mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


‘What the hell is this,’ Sungyeol thought confused. It was a mark. A mark like what his grandpa was always talking about. It was even in the same spot that his grandpa was always pointing at on his collar bone. Sungyeol didn’t know what to make of it but he stared at the mark on his collar bone and then up to the dark sky once more to the red speck of a star next to the moon. For some reason he felt a connection to the star. He felt it pulling him closer and a yearning for it. It was almost kind of sad how it was so far away from him.
   
Another loud crash was heard and he snapped out of his thoughts. He looked up and saw another huge piece of the ceiling coming down towards him. Before he could react he heard someone shout his name and push him aside. Sungyeol fell over on his with his eyes tightly shut hoping to make the pain go away but it didn’t work. Sungyeol groaned while opening his eyes. To his surprise, he saw Sunggyu clutching his leg that was now cut and the piece of the ceiling next to his bleeding leg.
   
“Sunggyu hyung!” Sungyeol shouted worriedly and ran towards the older man.
   
“I’m fine! Lets just get out of here!” Sunggyu shouted as the ceiling kept on crumbling down and the cracks on the floor became more apparent. Sungyeol nodded his head quickly helping the man up. Suddenly both heard a motorcycle roar and Sungyeol looked behind him to see a guy wearing a dark blue helmet on a black motorcycle holding out what looked like two oddly round silver guns their way.
   
 “What the ,” Sungyeol shouted as he started running while holding tightly onto Sunggyu. He looked back after hearing a loud thump and suddenly saw the boy with the long black sword facing the guy with the motorcycle. The boy was in hospital wear and with the long black sword, he started running towards the guy at a rapid speed on the motorcycle and swung his huge sword hitting the motorcycle on the side. The guy on the motor cycle jumped off the motorcycle in time and at the same time shot three bullets at the boy with the sword. It grazed the shirt of his hipbone of the boy with the sword but that didn't seem to phase him as the boy landed on the floor and swung his sword quickly to where the boy with the dark blue helmet had jumped to.

Then Sungyeol noticed it. The slight glimmer of auburn on the boy with the sword's hip. It was almost similar to his. He finally snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed two bullets flying towards him and Sunggyu at a dangerously fast rate.
   
Sungyeol gasped as he ducked for cover causing Sunggyu to trip however. That brought him down with the older man. Sungyeol groaned as he tried to get up and checked to see if Sunggyu was all right. That’s when he noticed that Sunggyu had the same mark on his wrist. The mark was glowing brightly and Sungyeol stared at it confused until he snapped out of his stare when he heard loud clanging and another crash. Sunggyu and Sungyeol locked eyes for a few moments after getting able to stand up finally with worried looks and suddenly felt the boat starting to sink at a fast rate.

All of a sudden the boy with the large sword jumped in front of them and Sunggyu gasped loudly surprised. The boy turned around and Sungyeol saw the boy’s dark brown eyes. They didn’t look distant this time, they looked determined and that slightly scared Sungyeol. The boy then held the huge sword up about to strike Sunggyu and Sungyeol until another 2 shots were heard and the boy with the sword turned around and blocked the two shots.
   
“Yah! Myungsoo! The fights not over yet! I told you to stay away from the school! We can’t afford them gathering any more of us there!” The guy with the dark blue helmet shouted and the boy with the sword turned around quickly while snarling. Sunggyu heard the boy with the sword growl loudly and saw him lowering his stance. The boy with the sword suddenly set the sword down so the tip was on the ground and his breathing got louder. The red talisman on the sword swung loosely and suddenly glowed bright red markings similar to it's strings.

“Shut up! I need to find him!” The boy with the huge sword shouted back. Sungyeol was confused. ‘What are they even talking about,’ Sungyeol thought in his mind. The boy with the sword suddenly growled once more and ran dragging the tip of the sword on the ground  towards the guy in the blue motorcycle helmet. Sungyeol stared shock at the scene before him. The ground was basically being split into two as the boy with the sword dragged it on the floor and he could now see the ocean below them.

Sunggyu and Sungyeol fell over after losing their balance and started slipping towards the cracks. They tried to hold on to the floor with their dear lives hoping to not fall over the edge of the crack but it wasn't working.

   
“Sungyeol!” Sunggyu shouted for Sungyeol who was slipping faster than he was. Sunggyu reached out for the boy after being able to hold onto a pipe line and Sungyeol reached out for him but he slipped even faster.
   
“Sunggyu hyung!” Sungyeol shouted frantically. He didn’t know what to do. He was about to fall into the ocean. He could see it below him. He was slipping so fast. He then slipped to the edge and held on tightly to the edge with his arms. He could hear metal clanging and guns shooting above him. He wondered for a quick second if people could see those maniacs and it wasn’t just him. He looked down and saw the dark waters swishing under him, taunting him telling him to come for a swim. He couldn’t believe that this was going to be it. He was going to die either here or down there. Why couldn’t he had just taken the plane like his mother begged him to. ‘Why am I so stupid,’ Sungyeol thought cursing himself for the stupid decision.
   
“Sungyeol! Hold on! I’ll get you!” Sungyeol heard Sunggyu shout for him and he snapped out of his thoughts. Sungyeol looked up with gratitude as Sunggyu tried to inch closer to him despite wincing ever now and then from the pain on his leg. Sunggyu held tightly onto the pipe trying his best to slide down the floor slowly to reach Sungyeol. He could tell the boy wasn't going to be able to hold on any longer as the cruise ship floor tipped slightly at an angle more.

Sungyeol then looked up after hearing more crashing and saw the guy on the motorcyle with the dark blue helmet and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter