Chapter 2: An Angel in the Alleyway

Crazy Cupid Love

 

The school bell sounded and you sighed in relief. Phew~ the day is finally over! You slumped out of your chair and met Bomi at the entrance gate. You snuck up behind Bomi who was leaning up against the brick fence surrounding the school, ear buds blocking out her sense of hearing. 

“Boo!!!” you shrieked and pushed Bomi.

“Ah!! Hyerin ah, don’t scare me like that while I’m thinking!” Bomi pouted, sticking out her bottom lip while smoothing out her skirt.

“YAH! Bomi ah…you know there should be no thinking outside of the school gates,” you teased pinching your best friends cheeks as she squirmed and made faces at you until you both dissolved into a fit of giggles. Until you heard someone snort behind you. Gasp.

No Min Woo was smirking down at you and you suddenly found yourself flustered and blushing.

“So. Now that you’ve turned sixteen you’ve decided to go all lez on your friends?” he smirked a captivating smirk and before you could even find the words to retaliate he had turned and called over his shoulder “Be sure to let me know the next time you have a little lez-fest, I’m always game to watch.”

Your mouth hung open in shock and disgust. …and yet you could help but feel amazed and delighted that he knew your birthday and your age. No! You shouldn’t be happy that such a ert-pabo-player had victimized you. Never.  

“THAT JERK” you cried and turned to Bomi who was blushing madly while biting her nail.

“Ahem” Bomi snapped out of her daze and glanced at you with a hardened expression, “Hyerin-ah…I’m really sorry but I just remembered that I have to cover for Seungyeon unni at the café tonight…so it looks like I can’t come over tonight.” You were definitely disappointed-this meant that today would be just another lonely birthday with no one to celebrate your existence. Yet, you knew it wasn’t Bomi’s fault she couldn’t share your special day with you; she was less blessed with wealth than you and had to work hard for every penny. You quickly masked your disappointment.

“It’s no problem Bomi! I just realized that I have a huge project coming up, so I was going to have to cancel our plans anyway” you lied.

“Oh really?” Bomi sighed in relief “I really thought I was letting you down!”

“Of course not! Don’t you think I’ve had enough of you as it is? Five days a week with you is enough for me!” you teased.

“Hey!” Bomi teasingly pushed you.

“Well, I’ll see you on Monday” you waved while trotting off.

“Yeah~ see you girly! HAPPY BIRTHDAY” Bomi yelled skipping in the opposite direction.

------------------------------

          “Poby I’m home!” you called as you walked through the entrance of your mansion. Poby bounded down the stairs and charged right for your legs, knocking you to your feet and sending your books flying across the foyer.

          “Poby! You silly boy! Look what you’ve done to my books…are you trying to tell me not to do my homework on my birthday?” The adorable puppy blinked his large chocolate-y eyes at you and began to wag his tail.

          “Ah, Poby. I can see your feelings are sincere but that doesn’t help me to clean up this mess now does it, boy? However, I will take a handshake as an apology~” you held out your hand to the puppy who immediately placed his fuzzy little paw in yours. “Why thank you, sir. How about you help me clean up this mess and we’ll go get you a treat. How does that sound, boy.” Poby panted and wagged his tail playfully as you gathered your books and made your way to the kitchen to get Poby’s treat. Shuffling through the cupboard you came across an empty bag of treats.

          “Oh no boy, looks like we’re all out of treats” Poby continued to stare up at you with expectant eyes. “Come on Poby, don’t look at me like that!...Ok, you know what let’s go on a walk to the store” With that poby sprinted out of the room and back to you, leash in mouth. Locking up your now empty mansion, you headed down the sidewalk to the super-mart.

“Let’s see here…what do we need” you mumbled to yourself as Poby sat obediently in the shopping cart fascinated by all the new smells and noises. You began filling your basket with all sorts of groceries: cereal, doggie treats, cup ramen, chocolate milk, and eggs. Just as you left the grocery store the sky darkened and it began to drizzle.

“Wow, just my luck.” You exclaimed as the rain rapidly began to pick up “and of course I don’t even have my umbrella.” Covering your head with one arm and grasping Poby’s leash and the grocery sack with the other you sprinted home. Rain pounded down on your head and the wind began to gust at dangerously high speeds. You could barely see; your vision was streaked by rain and distorted traffic lights. Taking a shortcut, you flew down the alleyway just behind your house. The alleyway was dark and you could see nothing through the thick sheets of rain that fell around you. *THUD* You tripped over something, sliding forward on the wet ground and skinning your knee. Poby skidded to a stop and shivered in the rain. You glanced down at your knee and blood was oozing out of it at a steady rate.

“OUCH!!” you screeched as you became woozy at the gruesome sight. Your groceries were scattered about the asphalt – your cereal box was soggy and dripping wet and all dozen of your eggs were seeping out of their broken shells and mixing in the muddy rain puddles. “” you mumbled as you tried to salvage what was left of your groceries. Then you came across him, the source of your fall. He was a boy, not much older than you, huddled against the ally wall. You got closer, angry at the boy for causing you to trip, but then…you saw his face. His sandy blond hair was soaked, causing droplets of water to flow down his flawless complexion. He had beautiful long lashes, and his eyes were closed as if he was sleeping lightly. His cheeks were a delicate shade of pink and his skin glowed in the darkness of the alleyway. Finally your eyes trailed down to his perfectly plump lips. You gulped. He was absolutely perfect, the living image of an angel. You were completely mesmerized by his gorgeous features. Just then he began to stir and you leapt backwards in shock.     

 

------------------------------

Author’s Note:

So, its here! She’s finally met Chunji!! Well…sort of. Now, what will happen when he wakes up? If he wakes up, that is! I will be very thankful if you keep reading and comment below! Let me know if there’s anything you want to see in a future chapter and you just might see it!:) Please subscribe~