Chapter 1: A Birthday Disaster

Crazy Cupid Love

“Nan niga jaeil joh ah,

niga jaeil yeppo,

jiniganeun gotgot maelyogi da heulluh,

niga jaeil joh ah,

neo hanamyeon dwae,

kasum eh sehgyuhdwo,

niga sesang eseo jaeil sojoong he”

 You groaned as you sat up in bed rubbing your eyes and frowning at the start of just another day.

“Good morning b2st oppas~” you sing-songed as you switched your alarm to snooze and glanced up at the b2st poster on your wall. You stretched your arms and squinted your eyes as the sensation of sunlight through your window danced on your skin. Slowly, you rolled out of your luxurious bed and crept past Poby who was snoozing on his doggie bed at the foot of your bed. Being careful not to wake him you opened you door and crept down the long mansion hallway and downstairs to the stark, empty kitchen. You bowed to portrait of your parents of that hung above the kitchen fireplace.

“Good morning Appa. Good morning Omma.” You glumly greeted the inanimate object. It would be months before you saw your parents again. They were abroad closing important business deals and were most of the time. They were only ever home for a few days a year. You were used to this lifestyle, though. You had lived a quiet life practically growing up without parents – this only made you more mature, strong, and independent, however. You loved your parents, or at least the idea of them, but the hard truth is that you craved their attention when they barely remembered your existence. In fact, today was your birthday and your parents hadn’t even paid you a birthday phone call.

 You meandered over to you fridge to retrieve chocolate milk to pour on your cereal. This was one of the perks of living alone – getting to have chocolate for breakfast. You smiled and hummed b2st’s beautiful to yourself as you devoured the tasty breakfast an imagined b2st serenading you with this special song for your birthday. If only boys as cool and cute as b2st oppas went to my school you thought to yourself…but the only hot guy at TOP Academy is No Minwoo and he’s a total player pabo jerkface!

“Oh my gosh” you gasped looking at the clock. 7:24 am! You must have lost track of time daydreaming about b2st. You rushed upstairs into one of the many bathrooms in your mansion to showered and quickly throw on your perfectly pressed uniform. Before leaving you filled Poby’s food bowl with some fresh kibble just in case the cute little puppy got hungry while you were at school.

“Well here goes” you groaned “another day in hell.”

------------------------------

You were tackled once you reached the school gate.

“HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY HYERIN AH~~”

You turned around, chuckling, to see an enthusiastic Bomi holding a small pink box with a white bow on it.

“For you~” she chimed! Winking as she danced around you like the crazy hyper friend she was.

“Aww Bomi ah! You didn’t have to!” you exclaimed, truly touched by your only friend’s kindness.

“Of course I did, girly!” she grinned “we’re practically sisters. By the way, I’m totally coming to your house later, right?”

“Of course!” you linked arms with her and skipped up to your homeroom. Thank goodness Bomi was in your homeroom. You didn’t know what you’d do without her.  The classroom was almost full when you and Bomi arrived. The two of you sit side by side next to the window – you usually stared out the window for most of class. You were very smart so you made As without even trying, even in a school as prestigious as TOP Academy. Soon Mr. Baek, you homeroom teacher, waddled into the room and took attendance. Mr. Baek was a plump and grumpy old man. Sometimes you even wondered why he chose to be a teacher when he clearly hated the job and took out his frustration on his students. Especially you!

“Yoon Bomi”

“Here”

“Jung Soojung”

“yeah?”

“Jo Youngmin”

“Here”

“Son Naeun”

“tch. I’m here” she rolled her eyes.

“Choi Hyerin”

“oh! Uh… I’m here” you said adjusting your glasses.

“Lee Sungjong”

“Here…”

“No Minwoo” Mr. Baek glanced around the room with clear frustration. “Mr. No” he repeated in an impatient tone. Just then the door flung open and pabo player Minwoo sauntered into the room.

“That’s me” Minwoo smirked as he arrogantly made his way to his seat in the very back of the room, winking at ladies left and right. You rolled your eyes. What a player! But you had to admit he was charming in a dangerous sort of way. As Mr. Baek continued to call role you feel Naeun’s glare boring into you from across the room. She was the school’s most popular queenka. All the boys dreamed of dating her, and girls followed her around like she was an idol. She would be perfect if she wasn’t a complete ! She was a no-good bully and you were her #1 victim. Avoiding her stare, you averted your gaze an awkwardly shifted in your seat. Soon you became lost in your thoughts as Mr. Baek droned on with a boring lecture about the solubility of certain elements.

          Soon enough it was time for lunch and you chatted with Bomi about how b2st should have a comeback while you packed your textbooks into you blue floral backpack. Suddenly the pink box that Bomi had given you before class caught your eye and you gently lifted it out of your back pack.

“So, what’s in the box, Bomi ah” you questioned, waggeling you eyebrows.

“I don’t know” she faked obliviousness “You’ll just have to find out once you open it~” *BAM* your gaze shot up as Naeun slammed her chemistry book on your desk. Naeun and the rest of her y gang (Soojung (who went by Krystal), G.NA, and Suzy) were looming over your table with arms crossed and eyes narrowed. Naeun pursed her lips and glared at you with venom and before you knew it she snatched the beautifully wrapped gift from your hands.

“What’s a hideous nerd like you doing rubbing my nose in this gift that you don’t deserve!?” she spat “no one in this school gets gifts but me.

“Hey! That’s mine” you cried “It’s my birthday present.”

“Birthday present!?” she shrieked “a loner geek like you doesn’t deserve to have her birthday acknowledged! I’ll be taking this” she said.

“Hey!” Bomi hopped up from her chair “What gives you the right to take that present away from Hyerin! I gave that to her for her birthday and it rightfully belongs to he—” *SLAP* You stared in utter shock as Naeun slapped your best friend across the face, leaving a puffy red handprint on Bomi’s delicate skin. Tears gathered in your eyes as Naeun mocked Bomi.

“You’re unworthy little ! How dare you talk to me like that!!?” she hissed “You are so low, hanging out with such geek scum! Besides, Hyerin, think of it as a favor I’m doing you. I wouldn’t want a poor ugly to be under the impression that she is loved enough to receive a present on her birthday.” She smirked and flipped her hair. “Toodles” she left the room, the rest of the gang followed her. Your fists were tightly balled until your knuckles turned white.

“THAT STUPID MEANIE NAEUN!! SHE WILL PAY FOR HITTING MY ONE AND ONLY BEST FRIEND” You shrieked.

“Hyerin” Bomi whispered “its ok…don’t stir up any more trouble. Naeun starts enough as it is.” You glanced sympathetically at Bomi and hugged her tightly.

“Besides” she chuckled “I’ve been needing some more color in my cheeks anyway. Now I won’t have to buy any blush” You laughed and ruffled her hair.

“Only one cheek is red” you gasped and feigned shock “Here~ let me even it out for you” you pretended to reach out to slap her.

“Hey!” Bomi giggled and together you skipped off to the lunch room. Minwoo slammed his locker and glanced down the hallway where you were racing Bomi to the cafeteria. Her smirked and rolled his eyes.

------------------------------

Author’s Note: Hello lovely readers~ Troublemakerperfume here!

This my very first fanfiction ever! So please comment and leave feedback^^ It would mean soooooooo much to me! Also, don’t worry Chunji will make his first appearance in Chapter 2, so keep reading;-)