Did you miss me?

Hurricane Girl

 

DID YOU MISS ME?

 

Just one minute” she thought.

But it seemed like that one minute was too much…

Miss K dance lesson was just for girls. She had never been comfortable with girls. Even from her childhood, she has always been either friends with boys or friendless. At the moment she entered the dance room, all the eyes turned towards her. She remembered that an hour ago she was sitting in the garbage with everybody looking at her.

“Don’t you smell some garbage odor guys?” a tall girl in the middle of the others said and they all laughed until Miss K asked them to stop.

Sora wasn’t really the kind of girl to care about what people think of her. The only person she was caring about here was the teacher. And talking about Miss K, she was staring at her with that unfriendly look of hers.

“I thought you would never come. Let’s get it clear now: you didn’t come yesterday, today you’re late. It doesn’t works like that here.”

She was about to open to apologize but Miss K was staring at her foot. She was barefooted since she had thrown her shoes.

“Ms. Han where do you think you are? On a street dance battle?”

“I’m sorry. I’ll definitely get shoes for the next lesson.”

“Of course you’ll do. But for today you’ll just stand at the side and look at the others. You’ll learn that there are some rules here.”

The lesson started and for her first day Sora had to sit at the side to watch those beginner dancers not being able to do what they were asked to correctly. Not to be arrogant but she had been dancing from an early age. Dance was a talent for her. Looking at those rich kids you could tell that they were there just because dance was a way to became famous and to run away from hard studies. And they weren’t even doing it well. Being rich must be so good, she thought.

One of the girls fell to the ground in pain. She had hurt a muscle. All her friends gathered around her making annoying birdy-like noises.

“She fainted.” “She didn’t eat enough.” “She is too stressed.” “She made too much effort.”

Sora slightly laughed but they heard it and they turned towards her with unhappy gazes.

“What is it funny about someone fainting?” one of them asked.

“Fainted? She has just hurt a muscle because she didn’t stretch up before practicing.”

“You seem to know a lot.” Miss K said. “Let’s see what you’re worth.”

She was surprised but it was the only think she has been waiting for. As soon as she gets up, she started moving to the rhythm of music. Dancing gracefully but with charisma and confidence. She was tremendous, no one could deny it. Her show received different reactions. Some were clapping and shouting but others were throwing bad glances at her. She even saw the girl who insulted her earlier poking her friend who was clapping to tell her to stop. But she didn’t care. She was expecting for Miss K reaction.

“Well… not too bad.” She just said. But she could read a little satisfaction on her eyes.

To be given the opportunity to dance, it was the only thing she has been waiting for.

After her first lesson which had started with trouble but ended well, she climbed to the rooftop, with the hope that Kris would climb there too. She was impatient to recount him her first lesson. She wanted to tell someone how jealous the other girls looked when she danced. She had even saved up a sandwich for him. But she waited all the lunch time and he didn’t come.

On her way to history class, she met the guy from this morning, the new student. He was surrounded by a crowd of girls. Seeing her he smiled and left his “groupies” behind him to come to her.

As if one playboy wasn’t enough…” she thought.

“Hey. Thank you for this morning. This school is so huge I wouldn’t have found my way without you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“I’m a new student.”

“You’ve already said that this morning.”

Okay, she was rude. But she wasn’t in the mood to handle another playboy, her life was messed up enough with Kris alone.

She went her way but he followed her.

“I’m on my way to class as you can see.”

“It’s okay, I’ll you. By the way I’m Myungsoo.”

“Good for you.” She coldly answered.

“That’s the moment you’re supposed to tell me your name.”

She stopped and faced him. He was smiling. His smile was different from Kris’. It was a smooth and friendly smile. Kris one was playful and teasing. What’s wrong with the guys of this school? Where they just stupid or doing it on purpose?

“Listen. It was nice to meet you but you don’t owe me anything for my help this morning. So welcome here, have fun and let’s just say that we never talked. Okay? Good.”

She didn’t wait for his answer and went her way to history class at a run. It was surely clear enough for him. Leaving the history class, she was so relieved. She didn’t pay attention to what the teacher was saying. The reason was that she couldn’t think about anything else than Kris. She was the one supposed to ignore him. How could he not come? Then she remembered was he had said to her.

“I’ll ensure you don’t ignore me anymore.”

Was it his plan? Because he was winning over her, and she couldn’t let him win. Never.

She was sitting at the bus stop, waiting for her bus to come, listening to music with her used earphones when they suddenly broke off. She had been expecting it anyway. They were so old.

“Bye dear earphones.”

“Now you talk to your earphones! It’s so creepy.”

Needless to say that she had recognized his voice. His voice was kind of particular. So deep.

He sat next to her and rummaged in his bag then pulled out earphones. Without asking her he put one side in her ear and the other one in his. They silently listened to TVXQ – Before U  Go. But he unexpectedly pressed the pause button in the middle of the song to ask.

“Did you miss me?” with his usual playful smile.

___________________________________

Finally I decided to use Myungsoo. Hope you'll be fine with it. Really expecting your reactions by comments so don't be shy and tell me what you think about it or i'll think that you don't like what I do. kekeke