One minute...

Hurricane Girl

 

“I just want one thing from you.”

Kris’s face was so close to hers that she could feel his breath on her face.

“What do you think you’re doing?” She asked trying to keep calm even if her heart was beating fast.

His playful smile had come back on his face as he was getting closer to her. Seeing that she didn’t react the way he wanted her to, he moved back.

“What I need is simple.”

Crossing his arms on his chest he smiled.

“Just be my friend.”

“Are you kidding me? I’m being serious right now.”

“I’m serious too.”

She was starting to get annoyed but he seemed to be serious.

“What do you mean by being your friend?”

“Even at elementary school they know what “friend” means”

That guy was driving her crazy. She never knows when he is serious because he is always playing.

“What does that involve?”

“You’ll see.”

He was about to leave when she grabbed his shirt at the back.

“By chance, you aren’t asking me to be your GIRL-friend, right?”

“You don’t seem to know me but you’re not really the type of girls I usually date. But if it’s what you want…”

“I was just making sure you don’t have dirty thoughts on head!”

“Aren’t you letting me go now?”

She was still grabbing his shirt.  She released him.

“See you tomorrow at school chingu-yah”!

 

That night in her bed she had difficulties to fall asleep once again because of Kris. When she left home for work that night she was prepared for the worst things he would ask her to do for him. Kris’s reputation was telling everything about the kind of guy he was. She had never seen him with the same girl at school like at the nightclub. At first when his face got close to hers she even thought that he would kiss her. But he ended up asking her to be her friend. Really! Of all she had imagined him asking to her, she never thought about that. Anyway, she fell asleep that night with the think that he would have asked for something worse than that. But did she even know what “being friend” involved?

The next morning, Sora woke up in hurry, thinking about the contract and the dance shoes she had threw in a trash can. Getting ready in a hurry, she arrived at school when there were still any students. She asked the concierge if he had seen a contract and a pair of shoes in a trash can the day before. He looked at her like she was crazy. Who on earth would throw a contract in a trash can? He seemed to think. She was aware of how much it would sound stupid but she didn’t need to be scolded now, she needed to find it first.

 “I’m not the one who took care of the rubbish yesterday. But you’ll better hurry and find this contract now…”

She heard a truck behind her and she turned to see the garbage truck starting to pick up the rubbish.

“Ajusshi STOOOP!” she screamed running at the truck. “Please stop I need to find something really important in these rubbish first.”

“Which important think? We need to do our work miss so you’d better get away.”

Without thinking, she knelt down and started searching her contract between the food scraps and the used papers. But she didn’t find anything. After searching like a fool for a few minutes, the scavengers yelled at her.

“You are wasting our time miss. Please we need to go now.”

She raised her head to find that a few students were standing there looking at her; they were all disgusted at her sight. Some of them were even taking pictures of her laughing. You might think she was full of shame at that moment but another feeling was so strong that she wasn’t feeling the shame: the despair. All her hopes were disappearing in her head as they came yesterday. After the garbage truck left, she stayed sitting on the ground a moment. With a dull stare in her eyes. She didn’t even have the strength to cry. The students were still coming. She could hear the noise around her. They were laughing, wondering if she had any shame. They could laugh or take pictures, she didn’t care anymore. She would never be a part of this school anyway.

When she definitely found the strength to get up, the other students were already in class. She was bent removing the dirt from her jogging when foot stopped in front of her.

“I don’t even want to know with whom you fought.”

She knew that voice. But she wasn’t in a state of mind at which she could handle his jokes.

“But I’m curious to know who won the battle. It seems like you got beaten.”

She did like she didn’t notice he was there, took her bag and turned away from him.

“What’s going on?” he asked grabbing her by the arm and forcing her to face him.

“Don’t talk to me anymore.” She yelled at him furious.

“I don’t have to tell you since I don’t have to be your “friend” anymore.”

“What does that mean? What happened?”

She wished she would never be weak in front of anyone but at that moment she wasn’t able to hold her tears.

“I lost my contract.” She confessed.

For a reason she ignored herself, she would have expected him to be at least compassionate but he burst out laugh at her face. Releasing her arm he started laughing so hard that tears started flowing from his eyes. Hit him? Yell at him? Leave him there? She was so shocked at his reaction that she didn’t know how to react. He stood up in front of her with his hands on hips.

“You really look like the unlucky main character of a drama!” he said while rummaging in his bag.

“Is it THIS contract that you lost?”

He was handing her contract to her. Her eyes widened.

“Where did you…”

“Do you think I would leave a contract I was responsible for, being thrown in the garbage? My father would have killed me.”

She was speechless. She was just able to stare at him.

“You retrieved it from the trash can yesterday?”

“Yes and you owe me a lot. I had to put my hand in a trash can. Do you realize? MY HOLY HAND!”

What does she have to do with this guy? He was responsible of her greatest troubles but at the same time he was able to be her greatest savior.

“You don’t even know how much I’m indebted to you right know!”

“Of course you owe me a lot. Treat me for a pizza someday. Oh and I wasn’t able to retrieve your shoes. Someone threw coffee on it, they were irrecoverable.”

“It’s not the most important now.”

“Oh when you’ll step in Miss K’s class you will realize how much it’s important.”

Talking about Miss K, they heard a throat clearing near them and Miss K was standing there.

“Are you both going to stay here when the class is starting in 30 minutes? And Ms. Han, I hope you aren’t expecting me to accept you in my class like this?”

Indeed she was dirty. Kris handed her contract and they separated as Sora had to hurry to take a shower before going to class. When she came out of the changing rooms, she was running so fast that she bumped into a guy. She stopped a moment to apologize but he grabbed her by the arm.

What do they all have with grabbing my arm?

“Could you please tell me when I would find the director’s office?” the guy asked. “I’m a new student.”

She had to hurry, but she just couldn’t let him lost like that so she took a minute to tell him where he had to go. And it had nothing to do with the fact that he was perfectly handsome. She was just a kind person. Then she bowed to him and ran to her class. Looking at her watch, she saw that she was one minute late.

Just one minute” she thought.

But it seemed like that one minute was too much…

____________________

I hope you waited for it so here is the fourth chapter. I'm introducing a new main character here too. The new student. I'm still thinking about which idol I could make him be. At first I didn't want to involve another idol in this story but it seems like I will have to. I'm thinking about L (Myungsoo) of Infinite but you can still give me ideas. Don't forget to subscribe and leave comments if you like the story too. It's always nice to read them.