BEER SESSION

On Music And Love [COMPLETED]
Yuto walked on the busy street of Tokyo. It was already eight in the evening yet he didn’t want to go home. He kicked a stone away from his path. It bounced into a plant box which was infront of him. he smiled. The tree was really lucky, he was in the midst of Tokyo being the absorber of its carbon dioxide and Tokyo’s producer of oxygen. It has its use. But he, Nakajima Yuto was the worst looser in the whole wide world. Stupid and useless.

He sniffed. He didn’t really want to cry so he looked upwards towards the sky. There was no rain clouds, it was very clear and the stars were shining brightly though he couldn’t appreciate any of them since all he could see were the tears that was threatening to fall down.

It was probably his inth audition yet it was still the same. He had the grace yet he didn’t have the voice. The companies were all looking for a package. He only have one and it wasn’t near a package, too.

He saw a bar. He walked towards it. A big burly guard stopped in front of him.

“ID?” the guard extended his hand to him.

Yuto stared at it and then smiled. He walked away. He knew that he wouldn’t be allowed to go in.

He heard the guard complaining about him on the other guard on duty. He couldn’t care less.

Yuto stopped in a convenience store. He stepped in and went directly to the beverage area. He took two packs of canned beer, two huge packs of whatever junk food his eyes first landed on.

He paid it in the counter and headed straight towards the park. He sat at one of the benches and put the beers beside him. He opened one can and gulped the beer. The alcohol seared through his throat. He sighed.

Alcohol had been one of the greatest companions of the elders when they are desperately trying to forget.

He smirked. Who the hell did spread that rumor? He must be buried alive ‘coz he still feels miserable and forgetting is beyond impossible.

He gulped again and again and again. He still couldn’t forget.

He smiled at himself.

He imagined a little boy clad in a prince’s blue cape in front of him.

The Little Prince asked him. “Why are you drinking?”

Yuto would answer. “Because I want to forget.”

The Little Prince would ask. “What do you want to forget?”

Yuto would answer. “That I am ashamed.”

“Ashamed of what?”

“Ashamed that I am a stupid, talentless, trying hard fool who hasn’t accepted that he is a stupid, talentless, trying hard fool and kept on going to all those auditions even those he is a stupid, talentless, trying hard fool!” he exclaimed. Tears were flowing from his eyes. “Bakka, bakka, bakka.” He hit his own head.

Yuto had almost finished the first pack. He was already tipsy. He didn’t know that he has low alcohol tolerance. How would he know? It was his first time to drink.

He saw a girl sat in the bench beside his own. He smiled. She was cute. She had long black hair, thin waist and cute stature.

Yuto stood up. He smiled. Did the earth sway? He laughed like a mad man. Yes. The earth swayed. The trees, the flowers, they were all dancing, swaying. He laughed more.

He approached the girl despite the fact that he was dizzy watching the earth sway.

He saw her look at him. He smiled. He shoved a can of beer on her face. “Dd-rr-ink, hik.” He commanded.

The girl tried to avoid the can. “What’s with you?” she asked.

“Drink, hik.” He insisted.

The girl stood up. She was almost the same height as he or so it seems since she was also swaying.

The girl rolled her long sleeves. Her fist moved to his face. She hit him straight in the nose.

Yuto smiled. Now, he was seeing stars… then everything went black.

Yuto felt the morning sun shine in his face. He complained. He still wanted to sleep. He rolled on his side and tried to hug his long pillow but all he felt was the soft cot. He tossed and turned without opening his eyes but he couldn’t feel his pillow. He moaned desperately and opened his eyes.

He was greeted by the early morning sunshine. The white cotton curtains allowed the warmth come in. He stared on the ceiling then on the bed.

Shock enveloped him and he tried to sit but headache soared into his skull. He sat slowly not wanting to add more to his aching head. This wasn’t his bed. Where was he?

The door opened. A girl went in. “I see your awake.” The girl commented in spite.

Yuto stared from the girl to his body. His clothes were missing. He was only in his underwear.

Eyes wide open, he looked at the girl and covered himself up.

“What are you so shocked of?” the girl asked angrily.

Yuto tilted his head and backed off as he felt the searing pain in his head again. He was just wondering what the girl is mad about.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“Who are you? That is supposed to be my question. You came to bother me on the park, yesterday and you just collapsed there. I could just have left you, alone, you know.” She hissed angrily.

Yuto tried to remember all the things that happened yesterday until it came towards his encounter with the girl.

“Ah, arigato.” He said bowing to her. “Gomen for bothering you all this time.” He said.

“Yeah right, whatever. That is why I hate the male specie. You always drink every time you fail and then you’ll bother people who wanted to be left alone.”

“Gomenasai.” Yuto said but he was feeling a bit angry on his rescuer.

“Yeah, right. There are some soup in the kitchen.”

“Arigato. By the way, who took off my clothes?” Yuto asked.

The girl rolled her eyes. “You wouldn’t see anybody else here so I guess that would be me.” She said.

Yuto opened his mouth to say something…

“Don’t worry, I’m not even interested in your thin body.” The girl exclaimed and smirked.

“Eh?” Yuto exclaimed.

The girl walked away.

“Hah? A lot of girls are drooling at my body, you know.” He whispered to himself.

Yuto bowed at the girl. “Arigato.” He said opening the door. “By the way, what is your name?” he asked.

The girl’s eyebrow arched. “Why do you want to know?”

“You are the one who saved me so I want to know your name.”

The girl hissed. “Just go. I just don’t want to be bothered again so you don’t need to know my name.”

Yuto felt hurt at that comment. “Ah, yeah. By the way, I am Yuto, so you know.” He said going out.

“Whatever.” The girl closed the door.

Yuto heard the lock clicked. He sighed. “What a conceited one.” Then he smiled, “At least she still helped me.”