THE SINGING GOD

On Music And Love [COMPLETED]
Kota stared at the Takaki Yuya. The guy might be thinking that he was really weird. But then, the guy was another head case. Tekken 6? What kind of reason was that?

He sighed.

He clenched his fist. Lee Sungmin… he thought.

He stared at the door in front of him. Kei was inside. He might have already been playing the piano.

His friend didn’t do anything except for the fact that he couldn’t make up to that man’s standard. He wasn’t perfect, he was just human. What does that man expect? Was he expecting that they become gods?

He was in this thought when the door to the audition room opened. A lady in black came out. She was wearing a huge ID that identify her as part of Hikari’s. “Next batch please.” She called.

Kota stood up so was Yuya. They nodded at each other. They might not that well-acquainted but Kota found it easy to approach the guy.

They went into the room. It was well-lighted. Three people were in the panel and a young girl?

They were asked to sit down.

Kota saw Kei. He waved at Kei who nodded back. Kei was not smiling and Kota might have an idea as to why.

Kei had always been energetic and happy but he lost all his glow. Kota hurt seeing his friend that way.

The first batch which included Kei was done. They were asked to sit in the waiting room.

The panel called Yuya.

Kota smiled at him. “Gambatte!”

Yuya smiled and nodded though he looked nervous.

Kota watched him went up the stage. Expectedly, the guy was nervous but then he still looked really confident.

Yuya was asked to sing. He seemed feeling awkward yet he tried to sing.

Kota looked up when Yuya started singing. Whoa, the guy had the voice. It was very manly and throaty yet it created a good melody.

The judges clapped their hands after Yuya performed. Kota was doing the same.

Yuya bowed shyly and proceeded on his seat.

“Nice one.” Kota commented when Yuya took his seat.

“You think so?” Yuya asked.

“Hai.”

Yuya blew a huge amount of air.

“That was the first time I sang in front of many people.” He said and slumped on his chair.

“Hontou?” Kota asked.

“Hai. I never really sing.”

“Whoa. For someone who doesn’t sing, you are good. I even thought you are a professional.”

Yuya looked at him. He guy was blushing, probably in embarrassment. Then, he suddenly looked angry.

Kota looked towards the place where Yuya was looking. He saw three girls near the entrance. He knew one of them. She was the girl who confessed to Kei the other day. The two others, he hasn’t seen before.

One of them was wearing a pair of shorts. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with loose strands here and there. The other one was wearing a short skirt. She was quite pretty wearing her shoulder-length hair down.

Yuya gritted his teeth then sat properly on his chair.

Kota looked at the girls again. Who are they to piss Yuya off this way?

And the girl who confessed to Kei, she was here. Did they already see each other?

“Yabu Kota.”

Kota was startled when he heard his name being called.

He stood up.

Yuya nodded at him. He nodded back.

Kota’s heartbeat drummed fast. He smiled at himself. What was with him? It wasn’t as if it was his first time to join an entertainment company. Maybe it was because, it had been a very long time ago when he last had his audition. He had already forgotten the feeling.

“Ok, Kota Yabu, that is…” one of the panel judge started. He was bald and skinny. “We are looking for singers, can you sing for us?”

“Hai.” Kota answered eagerly.

“Good,” the judge said. “Please,” the judge motioned for him to started singing.

Kota opened his mouth. He sang “Believe” by Super Junior. This was his revenge. He would do it his way.

“That was a Korean song, was it?” the judge in the middle asked. She was a bit chubby but she was still pretty.

“I didn’t understand a thing.” The girl with the panel commented.

“You are not to understand anything, Cath.” One of the judges reprimanded. The girl pouted and crossed her hands to her chest.

“You have a great voice.” That came from the man who reprimanded the girl named Cath.

“Uhn. You are a singing god.” The skinny, bald man commented. “You will definitely have a place in this industry.”

“But I didn’t understand anything,” it was Cath.

The judges looked at her angrily so she shut up.

“Good luck.” The judges said and motioned for him to take his seat. He bowed deeply at them.

“That was what you call perfect.” Yuya commented when he resumed his seat.

“Arigatou.” He answered.

Yuya nodded. “Douita.”

One of the judges stood up. “Please wait outside for further announcement.” He said.

They stood up.

They were already outside when a girl tripped in front of Kota.

Kota’s eyes grew wide as she fell on him. He immediately caught her in the arms. He was amazed to see brown eyes stared at him. It was from the girl with shoulder-length hair and short skirts.

Her eyes were as big as his, probably because of shock. “Arigatou.” She said still staring at him.

Kota could feel her smooth skin against his calloused hands. It seemed to send currents of electricity in his body so he let go of her immediately.

She smiled at him and bowed. He bowed back. She then skipped towards the room.

“How did it go?” it was Kei.

“It’s fine. How about yours?” he asked.

Kei looked down. “I dunno.” The guy said sourly.

Yuya sighed. Kei even lost his confidence. He was particularly afraid that this would happen.

“I was already regretting joining this audition.” Kei commented.

“Oy, don’t say that.” Kota reacted.

Yuya looked at the younger man in sympathy.

“Oy, Yuya.” A voice called.

Kota and the rest looked at the girl. It was the girl wearing her hair in the ponytail.

Yuya’s eyebrows twitched. He got immediately pissed when he saw the girl.

“I didn’t know you sing well.” She commented.

“Oh, shut up.” Yuya said and walked away.

“Hey, don’t be such a vinegar.” The girl commented following him as he sat on one of the chairs.

“Ei, Kei, the girl who confessed…” Kota held his sentence when Kei snapped at him as if he said something taboo. “She was here.”

Kei blushed and stiffly went back to his chair.

Kota smiled at his friend before walking away.

Instead of going back to his seat, he looked for comfort room.

He looked himself on the mirror. He tried to smile. Fake. So fake. He knew that it was.

Kota washed his face. He felt fresh after wards.

When he was about to go back, a girl slipped on the wet floor. The things in her hand flew up. Kota immediately acted. He tried to hold the girl so that she wouldn’t fall but then Kota found himself pinned on the wall. The girl in his arms was in front of him.

Kota stared at the girl in awe. It was the same girl who tripped on him.

She looked up at him. “Gomene.” She said in a cute voice.

“Ah, no problem.” He said while pushing her away and helping her stand up properly.

“Anou, nan namae ga?” she asked.

“Eh. Kota desu.” He answered.

She smiled. “Ah, arigato, Kota-kun.” She said smiling at him and even tilting her head. She walked away leaving the things that flew from her hand.

“Eh, chottomatte.” Kota called. “Your things.” He said.

The girl stopped, smiled at him and waved. “Those are yours.” She said and continued walking away.

Kota’s eyebrows twitched. He picked up the things. They were a small blue stuff toy, and a guitar cell phone accessory.

He looked at them. “Eh?” he tilted his head.