School

Boys Are Dogs

A/N: Thank you everyone for your support~

Comment and Subscribe♥

 

♦*♥*♦

 

The plane ride was long, annoying, and tiring. As soon as you got off the plane you felt like collapsing on the floor of the airport and sleeping, especially because of the dang time differences.

Luckily your father's company had already arranged for a house for you all to live in. Once you learned whre your room was, you trudged in and flopped down on the bed without unpackint your blankets, and soon fell into a deep sleep, your hand holding the necklace tightly like always.

Later, when you woke up it was six in the morning. But you definitely couldn't sleep any more, so instead you went ahead and got up, dragging your feet and lying down on the couch, feeling out of it. In Seattle it was well into the afternoon, while here it was early in the morning. You sighed and sat up, staring at the TV. It was off, and even if it wasn't, it wasn't hooked up to cable or anything yet.

Not too much longer, your dad was up. He sat down on the couch next to you, looking around the living room. Your house in the States had been bigger for sure, but this one seemed warm and homey. "So," he said, "what do you think?"

You shrugged. "It'sdifferent. But...sometimes different can be good, right?"

He ruffled your hair. "Right. And you get to start school tomorrow. Aren't you excited?"

"Kind of. Schools in Korea are different than in America though, right?"

"Yeah. You'll mostly stay in one classroom instead of going to six like you did at your old school, plus you'll have to wear a uniform. I think you'll be fine. You're smart, pretty, kind. You'll make friends in no time."

Your hand went to your necklace by instinct. *I've only ever had one friend. Maybe it is time to make another.*

 

♦*♥*♦

 

"And I take it you're Kim Kyungmi?" said the office lady.

You nodded. "Y-yes. Annyeonghasaeyo."

"From the States?"

"Yes."

"Is your Korean good?"

You mentally sighed. "Yes. I grew up speaking it. I'm half but both my parents speak it."

"Good, good. Here's your uniform and schedule. We don't allow crazy hair colors like blue or pink, but piercings are allowed so long as it's only the ears. There's a bathroom over there you may change in. Welcome to Chansung High."

You nodded then headed to the bathroom to change into the uniform. You made a face at the skirt, vest and tie. You kind of hated skirts, but now you'd have to wear one for like eight hours a day, five days a week. But it seemed you had no choice. So you reluctantly put the dumb uniform on, pulling on a pair of knee-high white socks and slipping the black dress shoes on.

You ventured to your classroom, using the map you were given. Class 3-A. You finally found it and knocked, feeling very awkward and out of place here. A middle-aged man with a stern, permanent frown opened the door. "Are you the new student?"

"Y-yes." You handed him your pass, then bowed. "Annyeonghasaeyo, Kim Kyungmi imnida. I'm from the States."

"Come in." He opened the door wider and you followed him in. "Class, shut up and listen. We have a new student today. She's from the States, so don't be mean if she messes up on her Korean or anything, you hear?"

You surpressed the urge to roll your eyes at his assumption. But you bowed to the class. "Annyeonghasaeyo. Kim Kyungmi imnida. Please take care of me."

You heard a few whispers. One of them said, "She's cute." You ignored them, gritting your teeth.

"You may sit wherever," the teacher said. "Look off someone's book. I'll get you yours tomorrow."

"Yes sir." You bowed again, then looked through the room. People waited anxiously to see who you would sit by. A guy even beckoned you to him.

Instead, you went to the empty seat in the middle of the room next to a guy who was sitting back in his chair.

"Is she really sitting next to him?!"

"Won't he just push her off?"

"Poor girl is clueless."

You glanced at the guy as you at down. He had a fauxhawk that actually worked on him. He had piercings in both ears and built muscles. You heard the constant whispers that let you know he was the bad boy type. But looking at him, you didn't think he looked that dangerous. He actually looked, dare you say...cute.

He glanced at you from the corner of his eye, but you weren't even intimidated. But then came the real shocker. He smiled brightly at you. You saw that he was even cuter when he smiled. He sat up straighter and turned to you. "You're from the States?" he asked in perfect English.

You nodded. "Yeah. Where are you from?"

"LA. I'm Daniel." He held out his hand.

"Ah, I'm from Seattle." You shook his hand, smiling.

"I have a friend from Seattle," he mused. "But he moved over here like four years ago. You probably don't know him."

*Simon?!* was your immediate thought. But you shook your head. It couldn't be. No way. "Yeah probably not. It's a big city." You talked to Daniel until the teacher yelled at you, finding that he was actually funny and cute.

"Just call me Danny," he whispered with a wink and smile.

You chuckled. *Maybe making a friend won't be as hard as I thought.*

 

♦*♥*♦

 

"Hey Simon," Daniel said as he sat down at their usual table at lunch.

"Hey," he replied, looking up.

"There's a new girl in my class today~" he sang with a bright smile.

"Is there?" Jisu asked, now interested.

"Oh yeah. And she's really cute. She's from Seattle."

Simon's ears perked up and his hand automatically flew to his throat, where the left half of the necklace rested hidden safely under his school uniform. "Is she?"

"Yeah. Maybe you know her. Her name's Kyungmi. Kim Kyungmi."

Simon gaped at his best friend. "Kim Kyungmi?" *Impossible, right? There's no way God is that kind. There can be more than one Kim Kyungmi from Seattle...right?* He cleared his throat. "W-what does she look like?"

"Oh, we interested now?" Daniel asked with a laugh. "She has like, long dark hair and these really pretty eyes. They're big but they're kind of slanted funny. Like yours Simon. And she has the cutest smile."

Simon's heart fluttered. *It's definitely her. Kyungie, fate's on our side. But...I'm a different person now.* He frowned and started eating.

Daniel started talking about her to Inati, Jisu, and Youngwon, all who were veryh interested in the new prey. But Simon was getting kind of cautious. *No matter what, Kyungie, stay away from them. They're not good to girls.*

"Oh, there she is!" Daniel said, pointing to a girl who entered the lunch room.

Simon looked up and his heart started beating like mad. The girl wasn't that tall, actually kind of short, around five foot two. She had big eyes that were kind of slanted funny, just like Simon's were--it was the Japanese in the both of you. As soon as he saw the necklace resting at the hollow of your throat, his gaze grew tender. *It's my Kyungie.*

However, what Simon didn't notice was that Daniel's gaze was glued on you with something odd twinkling in his eyes. That twinkle was similar to the one in Simon's eyes when he first saw you. The look that showed when a guy was starting to fall for a girl.