Oppa?

Boys Are Dogs

A/N: Sorry for not updating earlier~ I've been busy =/

Comment and subscribe♥

 

♦*♥*♦

 

October 18

Dear Simon,

 

I don't know what's wrong with you. It's already been a few days since I found you. And yet...you refuse to acknowledge my existence.

I don't know what's happened to you that made you change so much. Heck, I'm not even sure if I want to know.

But even though I found you...it's not you. And I miss you Simon. The old you, the real you...whatever. And I'd like to think that you're still in there, somewhere.

So I'm going to find out.

Simon, I'm taking you back. Hope you don't mind.

 

-Kyungmi

 

♦*♥*♦

 

"You look a lot better today," Daniel noted happily.

"What are you implying?" you asked with your eyes narrowed at him.

He laughed. "There's my Kyungmi! Oh hey, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Well, Kyungmi's such a long name. Would you let me give you a nickname?"

You froze as you sat down. Your blood ran cold and you cleared your throat, slowly turning to look at him. "Er, what did you have in mind?" You gave him a suspicious look. *Don't say Kyungie. Don't say Kyungie. Don't say--*

"How's Minnie?"

You sighed in relief. "Minnie's...acceptable. But how'd you come up with 'Minnie'?"

Daniel chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well I was thinking I'd call you Kyungminnie and from that, Minnie. Because I didn't like Mimi."

Offering a half-smile, you thought to yourself. *Good thing Kyungie didn't come to your mind. I would've killed you.*

"Minnie."

"What?"

He smiled. "Just trying it out~"

"Uh-huh. Now shut up and start taking notes unless you want to fail junior year." He pouted but obeyed.

The funny thing about Daniel was that despite his image, he was really smart. Far from failing. He could easily be number one in your class if he tried. You smiled to yourself as you saw how focused Daniel was on the lecture.

 

♦*♥*♦

 

"Minnie, hurry up!" complained Daniel.

"Shut up," you grumbled.

Simon gave his best friend and childhood best friend long looks. *What the hell?! Minnie?! No. I'm the only one allowed to give my Kyungie a nickname! She's my best friend!* He glared mentally at Daniel, though outside he had a perfect poker face.

"You know what Kyungmi?" Jisu asked.

"What?"

"You should call me oppa!"

Simon felt plain angry now. *Kyungie, don't. Stay away from him!*

"I refuse to call anyone oppa," you replied. Your eyes automatically went to Simon. Both of your minds started playing a memory.

 

-8 Years Ago-

 

"Ehh Kyungie," said Simon. You two were holding hands and watching the stars, lying down on the grassy knoll in the backyard of Simon's house. There was supposed to be a meteor shower that night.

"What?"

"Don't you think you should call me oppa?"

"Oppa?" you repeated, the word feeling alien on your tongue. "Why?"

"Because I'm older than you by eight months. My birthday's in November. I'll turn nine in a few months. But it's July and you only just turned eight! Therefore, call me oppa."

You thought for a long moment. "No. I refuse to call anyone oppa."

"Why?!"

"Well if it were the other way around...would you call me noona?"

"No!"

"Exactly. Oh look!" You pointed at the sky as you saw light streak across it. "It's starting! Look, Simon, look!" You excitedly gripped his hand tighter. Simon chuckled, following where you pointed.

Both of you gazed at the sky in wonder, occasionally stealing glances at one another until you fell asleep cuddled up against each other under the stars in the warm summer air.

 

-Present Day-

 

"Aw," complained Jisu.

Your eyes went to Youngwon. "You don't talk much, do you?"

"That," chuckled Inati, "plus he doesn't like you."

Your eyes widened and Simon shot his friend a look. *How dare you not like my Kyungie?! She's the smartest, prettiest, kindest, funniest girl in the world you moron!*

"Why don't you like me?" you asked, turning to Youngwon. He just scoffed and turned away from you.

"He doesn't really like the female population--not that he's gay!" Daniel quickly added when Youngwon glared at him.

"Simon's been really quiet too," noted Inati with a smirk. "Usually he's a chatterbox. Him and Danny. What's wrong Simon? Shy around a pretty girl?" he mocked.

Simon glared at them. *Number one, don't mention I'm different around her when she's here. Number two, call my Kyungie simply 'a pretty girl' and I'll go ape on your .* But he acted cool on the outside and shrugged. "I don't have anything to say." He cast Daniel a look. "He's busy talking to her, so I can't talk to him."

"She has a name," Jisu said with a roll of his eyes. "No need to be rude Simon."

"He's not being rude," snapped Youngwon. "He just doesn't want to talk to her, alright?" Simon looked away as he saw Daniel open his mouth, ready to protest.

You put a hand on his arm. "It's okay Danny. It's fine, really. He doesn't have to talk to me." *At least, right now he doesn't.*

Simon's jaw tightened. *What the hell Kyungie? Did I give you permission to give another guy a pet name?! Okay, I don't own you, but at least out of respect for my feelings you could, you know, ignore other guys! Oh wait. I never told you my feelings. Plus I'm supposed to be all 'Cold-City-Man' around you. Damn. This is harder than I thought.*

You chewed on your lip, studying Simon's expression. It was neutral, yet you knew better than that. So instead you looked at his eyes. His eyes had always been like open books for you, and four years made that no exception. You smirked to yourself when you saw annoyance flash through his eyes. *Aha! I knew you were still in there Simon. You always hated it when I talked to other guys for some reason. Let's see if that was more than a coincidence.*

"Danny, did we have homework in history?" you asked, hanging onto his arm. You quickly glanced at Simon through the corner of your eye. He was tense, and his eyes were irked again. *You've been caught Park Simon. Oh yeah. I am so getting you back.*