If Only

Boys Are Dogs

A/N: Comment and Subscribe♥

 

♦*♥*♦

 

Sometimes life deals you a hard one. A lemon, if you will. Yesterday, Simon represented life and handed you a lemon.

And you'd be damned if you weren't going to make that lemon into orange juice then sit back and watch people try and figure out how exactly you did it.

You cast a sad glance at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying last night. *Damn you Simon. How many times are you going to make me cry myself to sleep?!*

But you arrived at school with your head held high, going straight to class.

Daniel looked up with a smile. But his smile quickly disappeared as he saw your eyes. He softened immediately. *Was she...crying? Why?* His heart constricted at the thought and he sighed.

You sat down, giving Daniel a funny look when you saw how soft his eyes were. "What? Not even a 'hey' or 'good morning'?"

He cleared his throat, smile returning and lighting his features. "Good morning Kyungmi. I see you have wavy hair again today. Is it like that for me maybe?" He chuckled.

"Nope, sorry."

Daniel grinned, glad you weren't acting sad.

 

♦*♥*♦

 

"Want to eat with me today? And actually eat, not run off because Simon's a meanie?" Daniel raised an eyebrow at you.

"Y-yeah. And sorry about yesterday."

'What was that about anyway?"

"Long story."

He grinned. "We have time."

You flicked his forehead. "Babo. It's like a six-year long kind of long story."

"So do you know each other?"

"Yeah. Simon for some reason is denying it though."

"Like I said, he was being a meanie."

You smiled. "Yeah. But I guess he was always kind of a meanie." Your mind flitted back to when you were both nine.

 

-7 Years Ago-

 

"Kyungmi. What kind of a name is that?"

"It's weird. You're weird! You're stupid too! You're like a little kid! You and that Simon kid both. You're always talking in some sort of language that you two probably made up! The rest of us stopped that when we were five!" One kid pushed you down, and you felt the water works start.

"Another thing. How can you and Simon be friends? I think you like each other!" Then came the highly immature taunt from the kids. The one you yourself had always been subject to for being best friends with a boy.

"Kyungmi and Simon sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes--"

"What are you guys doing?!" came an angry voice, breaking the taunts. Simon glared at them, and they ran away. He knelt beside you and carefully wiped your tears away."It's okay Kyungie," he whispered in soothing Japanese. "Don't let them do that." Simon took your hand and pulled you up.

Once he saw that you weren't crying anymore, he turned you to him and flicked your forehead, hard.

"Ow!" you complained while rubbing your forehead. "What was that for?!"

"For letting them bully you. Next time step up and defend yourself. I won't save you."

"Meanie." You stuck your tongue out at him, and he made a face at you in return.

 

-Present Day-

 

Daniel saw you zone out with a smile on your face. He felt the corners of his lips quirk up into a small smile. *They must've been close.*

Then, oh-so-casually, he grabbed your hand. That snapped you out of your thoughts. "What are you doing?"

"You were about to run into a drinking fountain," he lied.

You blinked, believing him. It wouldn't surprise you with how clumsy you were. "Oh. Thank you then."

He chuckled but didn't let go of your hand. You zoned out again and didn't even pay attention to it. Daniel didn't pull away until you arrived at Dalmatian's table.

Simon looked at you in shock, then his eyes narrowed in on your hand in Daniel's. His eyebrows furrowed. *What the hell?! Best friend or not Chae Daniel, there are two things you never do in this world. One, insult my mother. Two, freaking touch my Kyungie!* He sighed. *But I don't really know her anymore. Maybe she's changed as much as I have, gotten a million boyfriends...* But Simon looked at your innocent, smiling face as you talked to Daniel, and then at the necklace hanging around your neck like always and knew that wasn't true. *Idiot. Of course she's still my Kyungie.*

He began to stare at you, eyes running all of your features that were familiar to him, just...matured. *She's grown up well. Puberty has been kind to you thus far Kyungie.* Simon's eyes went to Daniel, who was animatedly laughing and talking to you happily in English, causing Jisu to whine at the both of you to speak Korean. *Maybe a little too kind.*

"So Kyungmi," said Jisu. "How do you know Japanese?"

"I'm half."

"Like Simon?"

You shot said boy a look. "Yeah. Like Simon."

"You're really cute," Jisu added.

"Cute?" scoffed Inati. "She's a bit more than cute. Hey Kyungmi, do you want to go out with me sometime?" He flashed a charming smile, dropping one eye in a wink.

You were speechless. Simon, on the other hand...

His eyes widened then narrowed, and he was considering punching his hyung. *Kim Kyungmi, if you say yes, I swear to God--*

"Er...no thanks," you managed, stealing a glance at Simon. *There's only room for one boy in my heart.*

Simon felt relieved, though you'd never guess it from his poker face. *Oh thank God.*

"Yah hyung," whined Jisu, "I wanted to ask her out! Look, she's so innocent. She'd never date you! Kyungmi, have you even had a boyfriend before?"

You blushed. "No."

"Aw! So cute! How about your first kiss?"

Your eyes were locked on the table. "N-no."

"Guys, that's mean!" scolded Daniel. "You don't just ask a girl that! Leave her alone! And let her be pure. I don't want you guys tainting her sweet, innocent mind, okay?"

Simon furrowed his eyebrows. *Yah! That's my line! Oh wait. I forgot. No it's not. Not so long as I live this way. And as long as I live this way, I have to live without my Kyungie. I'm sorry. I could try and go clean for you...* He mentally sighed... *If only that were an option at this point.*