Mondays Never Change

Being in Love with Kyungsoo

The next day was Monday. Jae In got up and went to school as usual. Most of her classes were boring, but she had managed to do quite a bit of her homework on the weekend, which lifted her spirits! For her fourth class, she had science. She had decided with Min Ae and Kyungsoo that they would make a poster to demonstrate what they had researched on Japanese hot springs, as suggested by their teacher.

“Definitely, we need pictures.” Kyungsoo was saying “we should put a really big one in the middle to get people’s attention. But then we’d need really big paper for the poster… does anyone have big sheets of paper? Jae In?” Jae In was staring straight over Kyungsoo’s shoulder, thinking about what had happened in the park the night before. “Yah! Jae In!” he shook her by the shoulder.

“Huh? Oh sorry. What were you saying?” said Jae In. Kyungsoo sighed.

“Are you getting enough sleep? You look so out of it right now…” he looked concerned.

“I’m ok!” said Jae In.  “Were you talking about paper for the poster? I can buy some!”

“We might have to.” said Min Ae “Kyungsoo, none of us own poster paper. We’ll have to get some from the store.”

“Oh.” said Kyungsoo “Well, you never know! Jae In, you know where to get it?”

“Yeah, I just need to know what colour we need…”

“Hmm… purple?” said Kyungsoo, looking at Min Ae.

“Purple’s good.” she nodded.

“Purple then! I’ll get it tonight after school.” said Jae In.

 

After class, Kyungsoo caught up with her. “Jae In-Ah!”

She turned around to face him on her way out of the classroom. “What is it?”

“Here.” he said. “For the supplies you’re getting.” He held out money to her.

“Oh, it’s ok…” she began.

“Take it!” he said, putting it in her hand. “You’re going out to get it, so I’ll pay. It’s not much anyway.” he smiled.

“Thanks.” she said.

“No problem.” he grinned. “I’ll see you tomorrow then! Make you sure sleep well tonight, ok?” he added and left the classroom. Jae In watched him go.

 

After school, Jae In walked by St. Peter’s again on her way into the city. As she crossed the road, she saw Jong In with the same two friends he was with last time. One was very tall a skinny, with light brown hair. He seemed really happy about something. The other one was shorter with darker hair. She decided to keep walking. She set a quick pace, hoping Jong In wouldn’t see her. She didn’t know how he would act, but she definitely didn’t want a repeat of last night! She passed right in front of the main gates. As she did, she saw out of the corner of her eye that Jong In had spotted her. She grimaced and kept walking.

Jong In took off his backpack and gave it to one of his friends. “Wait for me.” he told him and ran after Jae In.

“Yah!” his friend called after him. “Where are you going!? Who’s that!? Jong Iiiiin~!!!”

“Shush, Baekhyun, you’re alerting half the school!”

“Jae In!” Jong In called. She could hear him behind her, but she kept walking. “Jae In, wait!” he caught up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned around to face him. He was panting from running after her.

“What?” she said angrily. He was still catching his breath. She looked over his shoulder and saw his friends standing in the school grounds watching them. One of them was holding his backpack, hugging it to his chest cutely, and watching them intently.

“Sorry about them.” Jong In panted. “Baekhyun and Chanyeol… they never shut up.”

Jae In looked back at Jong In, determined to stay serious. “Is there something you want?” she said.

Jong In stopped smiling. “Yeah, I wanted to talk to you. Look, I’m really sorry about what happened last night.”

Jae In rolled her eyes and sighed.

“I was in a really bad mood.” he continued. “I just had… a really hard time at work and I went for a walk to blow off some steam… I didn’t expect to run into anyone. I guess I took all my anger out on you. I’m sorry.” he said again.

“You work that late after school?” she asked. She was about to ask him where he worked when he spoke again.

“Yeah, some nights. I had a… a fight with my manger... so… I was angry.” he said.

Jae In nodded slowly.

“Will you forgive me?” he asked her.

Jae In bit her lip. “Ok.” she said. He seemed really worried she wouldn’t accept his apology. And in any case, hearing what happened made her feel better about the whole thing.

“Daebak!” he grinned. She couldn’t help but return the smile. “I guess I’ll let you go now, you seem like you’re on your way somewhere… I’ll see you later?” he asked.

“Sure.” she nodded and smiled. “Annyeong, Jong In.”

Still smiling, he turned around and walked back to his friends. Seeing their conversation was finished, Baekhyun piped up again. “Bye!” he called to Jae In as she kept walking. She laughed and saw Jong In hit him playfully as he took his bag back from him. Chanyeol was laughing too.

Jae In continued down the street and returned home after shopping. Now that the problem with Jong In was cleared up, she had a science assignment to finish!


How's the story going so far? There's still SO much to happen! I hope you guys will like where the story goes~ there are some interesting chapters coming up! ^^