A Walk in the Park~

Being in Love with Kyungsoo

Annyeong! Omo, I have more subscribers now! :O I'm SO sorry I haven't updated in so long! I went away after exams and didn't have wifi where I was staying! D:

Next time I go on hiatus, I'll definitely give warning first, I feel so bad! But I managed to write a bit when I was away.

Here are the next two chapters, and now that I'm home again, I can update more often! ^^ (You might want to go back a bit to read if you can't remember what happened so far!)


~5 days later, In Central Seoul~

“Please! Just give me a chance!” Jong In pleaded. He was standing in a board room with the same manager that had picked him up from his house, and a company president, who was sitting at the boardroom table wearing a dark grey suit. Jong In and his manager were standing opposite him.

“Please, Mr Jong In. We are giving you a chance as it is. You were lucky to debut with EXO. You know how much we have put into EXO. You are one of our top dancers, and all the work you’ve got so far should show you that.” The chairman was saying.

“I know we’ve already got publicity but-“

“But what Mr Jong In? I already told you. We had 5 spots to fill on that show and your seniors are far more experienced with variety appearances-“

“But what about the others!?” interrupted Jong In.

“Park Chanyeol and Kim Joonmyun have already been selected to make the most variety appearances in the group. If you are patient, you will get extra schedule activities too. For now, when you don’t have schedule, I suggest you focus on your studies. My decision is final. You may go.”

Jong In gritted his teeth and bowed to his senior. His manager put his hand on his back and escorted him from the room.

“Kai,” his manager began when they had left the room.

“Ugh, just don’t bother.” said Jong In. “That’s the third time he hasn’t let me on a variety show and you know it. He just thinks he can get the most money out of me by my dancing and that’s it!”

His manager frowned. “I need some air.” said Jong In.

“It’s late!” called his manager.

“I’ll be fine!” Jong In said angrily. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He pushed open the door and stormed out of the building angrily, letting the door close behind him by itself.

 

~~~~~~

 

It was a cold night out. It had just become winter and it was getting below 0 degrees outside. Jae In’s family was over and it was warm and bright inside their house despite being freezing and dark outside.

Jae In was playing with her cousins in the family room, laughing at how they were dancing in front of the television.

“Do you watch Inkigayo?” her aunt asked her.

“No.” replied Jae In “I never watch gayo programs!”

Her aunt laughed. “Well that explains why you never know anything about music or TV! These two love it!” she said, gesturing to her kids.

“You watch too much TV!” Jae In joked.

“Oh no, we’re out of milk!” came her mum’s voice from the kitchen. “We can’t make coffees for you all!” she came into the family room.

“It’s ok, I’ll get some!” said Jae In.

“But it’s freezing out there! You can’t go by yourself!”

“I’ll be fine!” said Jae In, “I’ll wear my big down coat! I won’t be long!” she got up and grabbed some change from a bowl on the breakfast table and rugged up. “I’ll be back soon!”

“Thank-you Jae In!” called her mother.

Jae In went through her front gate and started down the street. It really was freezing outside! It wasn’t so bad with the downcoat and scarf she was wearing, but she wished she had brought her mask with her, her face was going numb with cold! She wrapped her scarf around the lower part of her face, put her head down and walked quickly. She decided to go through the park. She hadn’t tried it as a short cut before but thought it might be quicker to get to the shops that way.

The park was quite big, and a large part of it was filled with trees. She walked quickly through it, skipping the across the path where it was possible. Before long she noticed how quiet it was. No one else was out this late. It was dark too. Where she was, the trees blocked out most of the light from the street lamps. She became aware of the blood pumping in her ears so loudly, she probably couldn’t hear if someone did come along!

She stopped in her tracks and stood still, listening intently to see if she could hear anything. The leaves were rustling in the wind. Just as she decided to keep walking, there was a big rustle of leaves to her left. Ok, that can’t have been the wind. It was too loud. She took another two steps, then heard the noise again.

That’s it, she decided. Someone else was definitely in the park too. Close to her. 'Probably just someone on a walk…' she thought, going against her better judgement. She continued quickly on and walked straight into something hard.

“Ow!” she yelled, thinking it was a tree.

“Ow!” the 'tree' yelled. “Watch where you’re going!” she saw movement in front of her.

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed. The person in front of her was tall and wearing a black coat. “I’m sorry! But how was I supposed to see you in the dark!” she said defensively.

“Jae In?”

“Jong In??”

“You should pay more attention to what you’re doing!” he said to her angrily.

“Wha…” said Jae In disbelief. She could barely see Jong In’s face in the dark, but she knew it was him. “What are you doing here anyway?” she asked him.

“I’m just walking. What’s it to you anyway? You should go home. It’s dark. And obviously you’re not very good at focusing on where you’re going.” he added. He seemed in a really bad mood. He was rubbing his shoulder where she had run into him.

“I… I’m sorry…” said Jae In, feeling confused. “Why are you so angry?”

“I’m fine!” said Jong In. “Excuse me.” He pushed past her and started walking away.

“Wait, where are you going?” she called to him.

“Home!” he said without breaking stride.

She stared after him in disbelief. Quickly she walked on. She bought milk from the nearest shop that sold it and walked back through the park on her way home. She didn’t see Jong In again. Why was he like that? And what was he doing out here so late anyway?? She was still feeling confused by what had happened.

When she got home, her mother fussed over her again about how cold it was outside. “Oh, here’s the milk.” Jae In held up her shopping bag for her mother to take.

“Are you ok?” her mother asked, standing back to look at her.

“Yeah, of course I’m fine! Why?”

“You just look kind of sad… are you upset?” her mother questioned.

“I’m fine… I think I’m just a bit tired.” She lied. “I think I’ll go to bed early.”

“Ok…” her mother said. “Just come and get me if you need anything.”

“Thanks, umma.” She said goodnight to her family and went up to her room.

Her bed was warm and comfortable to contrast what it was like outside, but she couldn’t stop replaying in her head what had happened in the park.