Meeting Kim Jong In

Being in Love with Kyungsoo

So this first chapter is kinda what gave me the idea for the story. ^^ It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but hopefully it's still a good enough introduction!

For purposes of the story, they're speaking Korean as it's set in Korea (obviously) so just go with it! :p

And the guy in this chapter is Kai, he just doesn't reveal his name until a bit later!

Happy reading!


Have you ever had one of those friends who you don’t really like much but are friends with anyway? Min Ae was one of those friends. Jae In still liked her; and when they hung out together they always had so much fun, but Min Ae didn’t really know boundaries when it came to things that were important in Jae In.

                Which was why Jae In was currently sitting on a park bench seat, crying. You see, Jae In liked this guy in her year at school. He was super nice and had the best smile. He was a singer, and was signed under SM Entertainment, but he went to the same private school as Jae In and never brought his idol life to school. He didn’t really talk about it, and no one asked him. Jae In didn’t really care about that either. But Min Ae did.

                ‘Ugh, why would she do this!?’ Jae In thought. ‘Why would she try and go out with him when she knows I like him!?’ she buried her head in her hands and sobbed.

 

~Meanwhile~

                A young man was out walking through the park. It was autumn so there were coloured leaves all over the ground. The wind was fairly still, and he was wearing a black coat. There were a few other people in the park too. As he walked he saw a girl sitting on a bench, crying. He stopped and looked around. No one seemed to be taking any notice of her. He thought for a moment, he could mind his own business and walk on… but he couldn’t help it. He’s always had a weakness for crying girls. He felt like he should help her.

                “Uh… excuse me?” he walked up to her cautiously. “Are you ok?” she didn’t reply. It didn’t seem like she could hear him. He sighed. “Hey, are you ok?” he put his hand on her shoulder. She spun around quickly, startled.

“Huh?” she Jae In looked up at him slightly confused, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

“Are you ok?” he asked again. “It’s just… I was walking past and I heard you crying…”

“Oh! I’m fine, thank-you!” she said politely, then sobbed quite loudly. The boy sighed again and sat down next to her.

“What’s your name?”

“Um… Jae In.” she said.

“How old are you?” he asked.

“I was born in ’95… in May…”

“Ah, I was born in ’94, so I’m older than you!” he said cheerily. Jae In just looked at him, confused. Why was this guy talking to her?

“You seem to have a bit of an accent… where are you from?” he asked.

“Oh… well, my parents are from Australia.” She said “I lived over there when I was little…”

“Wow! So you can speak English?”

“Yes!” she chuckled. He seemed so excited about it.

“…Do you have somewhere to be?” He asked, changing the subject. “You can’t just sit out here forever like that!”

Jae In was surprised. “Like what?”

“You still have tears all over your face.” He said.

“Oh!” she quickly pulled her sleeve over her hand and wiped her tears off her face.

“So, why were you crying?”

“Wha… you want me to tell you?” she asked him. “I don’t even know you!”

“Sometimes that’s a good thing.” He replied knowingly. “Telling your problems to a stranger, an outsider to your situation… It can make you feel better without you having to burden the people you know…” She looked at him, weighing her options. She might as well. He seemed friendly, and familiar too. He was around her age, maybe he went to one of the local schools and that’s where she’d seen him before…

“It’s kinda stupid anyway.” She said.

“Try me.”

She sighed. “Fine. There’s this guy I like.”

“Ah! It’s always a guy!” he cut in. Jae In gave him a look. “Sorry.”

“My friend asked him if he wanted to hang out with her, even though she knows I like him she did it anyway! And, well… he said yes and they’re out together right now. I just saw them shopping in Busan…”

“Wow.” He said. “She doesn’t sound like a very good friend.”

Jae In grimaced. “She’s nice, she just…”

“can be a ?” he saw the surprise on Jae In’s face and laughed. “Sorry. I was joking.” Jae In laughed too. “What about him? He went out with your friend anyway!”

“Oh, he doesn’t know I like him!” said Jae In. “He has no idea, actually…”

“Maybe you should tell him.” He said simply.

“I can’t do that!”

“Why not?”

“Well… I just can’t okay! Confessing is too hard! I’d get too nervous…It’ll be ok anyway.” She finished.

“You’re ok now?” he smiled. Jae In nodded.

“I’m fine! Thank-you.” She realized they had been talking for at least five minutes and she wasn’t crying anymore. The boy checked his watch.

“Well, I’d better go… as long as you’re ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, but… what’s your name? You didn’t even tell me!”

“Oh right! I’m Jongin.” He said, bowing. “I go to St. Peter’s high school, on the hill over there.” He gestured in the general direction to his right.

“Oh really? That’s right near my school! I go to the other high school on that hill, the one that used to be a girls school!”

“Oh really? Maybe we’ll see each other sometime! If you see me, you should come and say hi! But anyway, I have to leave! Sorry!” he said, checking his watch again. “It was nice to meet you.”

Jae In bowed to him. “Jongin… gomawoyo.” She smiled.

“You’re welcome. Annyeong!”

“Annyeong.” Jae In walked home. What an interesting person… he actually made her feel a lot better, even though she didn’t know him!

When Jae In got home she went to bed early. Tomorrow was Monday and for better or worse, that could only mean one thing: school.