Wedding Tragedy

The Lost Bride

Hi~ I'm sorry I just updated today T^T My classes started 3 days ago and I was just too tired to even attempt to write and edit. XD I know it's short :( I'll try to update again, soon.

 

 

Enjoy!

 


 

On the morning of the wedding Dara couldn’t help feeling giddy and happy but there was a nagging feeling at the bottom of her stomach that made her feel uneasy.

 

Thinking it was only pre-wedding nervousness, she didn’t dwell on it too long.

 

The girls along with her mother helped her out with the preparations. Her long white wedding gown was perfect on her petite body.

 

It was off the shoulder and had lace sleeves with a figure hugging body which gave way to a beautiful tumble of white cloth at the bottom.

 

Her hair was up in a loose bun with curls daintily falling on her lightly made up face. The bun held a small sparkly pin that supported her thin veil which was tossed at her back in the meantime.

 

Dara took in her reflection on her body-length mirror and she couldn’t suppress her gasp for she hadn’t had a dress rehearsal before and everything was very new to her.

 

“Oh my gosh, Ssantoki!! You look so gorgeous!” Bom gushed.

 

“I agree unnie, you look breathtaking.” Minzy added.

 

“Unnie, close your mouth.” Chaerin said, earning a round of laughter from the girls, including Dara.

 

“I’m so excited!” She yelled while turning to face them, she hugged her mom and said “You’ll be walking down the aisle again, omma! But you’ll be with me and appa now.” She grinned.

 

“I’m excited for you too, Sandara. Now calm down and take deep breathes. Rela-”

 

“I’M GONNA GET MARRIED!!!” Dara yelled before her mother could even stop talking. The girls just laughed at her and let her be, knowing that she really is happy with everything going on.

 

“It’s time to go now, unnie.” Durami hooked her arm in her sister’s. “You ready?” she asked.

 

“Heck yeah I’m ready!” She said, surprising her mom. “Oops, sorry omma.” She smiled.

 

-

 

As they reached the church, they sensed something was wrong. Bom and Durami went out of the bridal car first, leaving Dara and her mother inside, while the other two went out of the car following them.

 

“Stay here for a while, Dara. Okay?” Bom hurriedly said.

 

It’s been ten minutes and they haven’t been back to tell her anything, so she decided to go out and find out for her own.

 

“Sandara, it will be okay, come back here and just wait.” Her mom called out to her.

 

“Don’t worry omma, I’ll be fine.” She assured her. "I love you!" She added.

 

 

She reached the open double doors of the church and found Bom and Seunghyun along with her bridesmaids and Jiyong’s groomsmen huddled in the middle of the aisle.

 

“What’s happening here, guys?” She asked the huddled group. They were surprised to see her here now and she didn’t understand why.

 

“Don’t panic, Dara.” Youngbae advised her.

 

“Huh? Why would I panic?” she questioned them.

 

Bom held on to her shoulders and explained to her.

 

“Jiyong should have been here thirty minutes ago, he was supposed to come with the other guys but he told them to go on first. I don’t know what’s going on with his mind but as you can see, he hasn’t arrived yet.”

 

“No worries, Bommie. Let’s just wait. I’m sure nothing’s wrong.” Dara calmly said.

 

They all reassured her and joined her while waiting, everyone fidgeting with their cellphones waiting for a sign of Jiyong.

 

Thirty more minutes passed and the guests were getting agitated along with Dara herself.

 

She started questioning herself out loud, “Oh my god, maybe it had something to do with last night. Maybe I was too harsh. Maybe he took the things I said differently. Maybe he doesn’t want to marry me anymore.”

 

Her breath hitched and she started hyperventilating.

 

Bom, Chaerin and Minzy were immediately at her side, trying to calm her down.

 

“Get her a glass water Seungri!” Chaerin ordered the younger guy, who took off right away.

 

“Dara, relax, please. Don’t think about that. I’m sure it’s not like that okay?” Bom tried to sooth her.

 

Her tears were threatening to fall and Minzy dabbed her handkerchief below her eyes.

 

“Unnie, don’t cry. Your beautiful make up will be ruined.” She said, earning a slight chuckle from the bride.

 

Seungri came back with the glass of water and handed it over to the shaky hands of the bride.

 

She downed it in one gulp, trying to compose herself. “Thank you Seungri. I needed that.” She told him while handing him back the glass.

 

“No problem, noona.” He replied to her.

 

“Try to relax now, Dara noona.” Daesung told her, and Dara nodded.

 

“I’m sorry girls.” Turning to her best friends, “It’s just getting to me, seeing how the guests are all wondering where he is now too.”

 

They went back to waiting for Jiyong. Dara stood by the doorway, not caring if the ceremony won’t be traditional with the groom waiting for the bride while she walks down the aisle.

 

She just desperately wanted to see Jiyong.

 

She didn’t know if he was running away from their wedding or if he was in trouble. She couldn’t think of anything that would make him run away, except for that little rejection last night.

 

And knowing Jiyong, he wasn’t the sort of person to take it to heart, especially if it was Dara. His normally cold exterior always melts as soon as Dara gets near him.

 

The only logical thing now is that something happened to him. And this was making her tear up again. She shared her thoughts with her friends who were crowded around her and they all had worried looks on their faces.

 

“I’m scared Bommie.” she confessed to her maid of honor.

 

Suddenly Seunghyun’s cellphone rang.

 

Every one of them switched their focus to the best man who fumbled uneasily with his phone.

 

“Hello?” He almost whispered on the phone.

 

“Who is it?” Chaerin asked but they were only ignored by a pale looking Seunghyun.

 

He kept listening to the caller only muttering short replies which unnerved the others. As soon as he moved the phone away from his ear, he was bombarded with questions.

 

“Who was that, hon?” Bom asked him.

 

“Was it about Jiyong?”

 

“What happened?”

 

But Dara remained quietly sobbing with Minzy holding onto her to support her.

 

“That was the police.” Seunghyun answered at last. “They found Jiyong.”

 

All eyes shot up to him again, everyone was full of questions but he stopped them all and spoke quietly.

 

“They said he got involved in a car accident and was brought by some paramedics who were called by a witness, to the nearest hospital here, which was 20 minutes away from where the accident took place.

 

“Is he… alright?” Dara sobbed.

 

 

“He didn’t... make it.” He finally choked out.

 

“I’m so sorry Dara. The police got there with the medics, they investigated the scene and found Ji’s cellphone. I was the last person he called so they got to contact me.”

 

Dara felt her world falling apart, her chest felt too restricted and she clawed at her dress and her hair, feeling the frustration, sorrow, sadness, anger and disappointment in her life.

 

Everything was useless now that Jiyong was gone. Everything was so sudden that her heart couldn’t take it.

 

“He's gone. He left me. How will I be able to live after this?!" She shouted with all her might, tears streaming down her porcelain cheeks.

 

"Jiyong is dead, oh my god, the love of my life is dead. He's gone.” She kept repeating to herself, she felt her heart squeeze painfully and beat roughly against her chest. Her vision swirled and she felt her surroundings tumble around her. She couldn’t stop her tears from falling.

 

 

The last thing she felt were the arms of her friends around her.