Dara's Recollection

The Lost Bride

-

“Oh my god, Dara!!!” Bom screamed at her best friend. “Wake up! What’s happening?! Seunghyun! Call for help!!” She ordered hysterically.

Seunghyun ran for help outside the church, with a short request to Youngbae to help clear out the guests from the church for the meantime.

“Why did you have to tell her straight away?” Chaerin shouted at him, “Oh my god, Dara unnie! Is she okay Bom unnie?”

“I… I don’t know!” She said while crying, “Minji-ya try to check for her pulse please.” She said between sobs.

Minzy made her way to Dara and held her wrist, “I don’t feel anything unnie.” She cried.

 

“I can’t believe Jiyong hyung is seriously gone.” Seungri choked out.

“And now what's going to happen to Dara noona??" Daesung almost screamed out in exasperation.

 

---

 

I felt a light breeze on my face when I opened my eyes.

A beautiful scene welcomed me. There were little kids playing nearby, old couples smiling and pointing here and there with their hands entangled with each others' and a group of teenage guys looking around and taking pictures with their arms around each other while laughing.

I looked around too, curious as to what was going on and why everyone seemed so happy.

Here I was, clueless to my surroundings and with a heavy heart. I don't even know why I'm feeling like this.

I looked up and saw that I was standing outside of a grand doorway, and I realized that this was a church.. not just a church, a really familiar one! Have I been here before?? I don't remember much but there's only one thing I do know, the name Kwon Jiyong. I don't who he is but his name seems so important and I think... I think I'm waiting for him.. right here.. in this church? Wait, that isn't right. 

Confusion was surely etched on my face now, wow. I remember waiting for a man, Kwon Jiyong is a man's name right? But I'm in a church, and shouldn't it be the other way around? What the heck am I doing here waiting for a guy?

I look down and I realized I'm wearing a wedding gown, I gasped inwardly. Wow this is a beautiful gown, if I may say so myself. Oh. A gown. Does this mean I'm getting married today? Aaaaah, my head hurts. What's even happening right now?

I tried to find a place to sit down on but it seems like the church is closed and no one I know, not that I would recognize anyone in my state right now, is here. So I sat down on the floor, taking great care with the beautiful gown I was wearing and patted my thighs. Hmm.

I patted my thighs again and I felt something. I couldn't just raise my gown in front of all these people, that would be totally inappropriate! So I scooted to a corner near the closed doorway to lift my gown a bit and felt around my thigh again. Yes! There's really something here!

My garter. Oh. What the hell am I thinking. I started to pull it down to ease myself of some discomfort. It's not like something would actually give me a clue to what was happening to me. I sighed. Then a small piece of paper fell as I gathered the garter in my hands.

A piece of paper? What was that doing in my garter? I opened it and was surprised to recognize that it was in my handwriting. I started reading the first part...

"Hi! I guess I should introduce myself first. My name is Dara Park, I’m 25 years old and engaged! Actually, today is the last day I’ll be able to use the term fiancée, since tomorrow, I’ll be getting married with the love of my life, Kwon Jiyong."

Gosh, so that answers it, I'm getting married to this Jiyong guy, even if I don't remember him too much.

"You see, I found out two days ago that I’m already pregnant with our first child! (yay!) But I haven’t told Ji yet. This will be the best wedding present won’t it? I wonder how he’ll react?"

Ohmygod! Holy- I'm pregnant?! I looked down to my stomach and felt the need to hold it, feeling like I need to protect this little being growing inside of me.

"My family is resting in another room and my fiancée, well, since it is the day before our wedding we’re not allowed to see each other, right? That would be taboo and I wouldn’t want anything to jinx our marriage. I want us to live a happy, happy life!"

I read with a chuckle and noticed a pause in the writing where a blot of ink was collected at the end of the exclamation point. I continued reading it...

"So I’m back to writing! Jiyong surprised me by coming here in my room. Not much to talk but to... you know. But not really, since I stopped him. I’m afraid I might accidentally let the news about our baby slip!

Yes, I’m that doubtful of myself. I hate not being able to keep my mouth shut. I should seriously get a pat at the back for being able to keep it a secret for 2 days! Keke~

I wonder if Jiyong coming to my room tonight will affect our marriage. I don’t want to sound superstitious and all but it still makes me nervous. I don’t want anything to affect us badly."

I was getting nervous about this letter... What happened before??

"Don’t worry. I’ll keep this precious piece of paper with me tomorrow on the ceremony, I hope you can be my goodluck charm! Maybe I’ll try to start writing a diary too, instead of just writing on random scraps of paper, ne? Keke~ well, I’ll go now! Wish us luck on our wedding tomorrow.

I LOVE YOU KWON JIYONG!

<3

Dara Park (Soon to be Kwon! ><)"

I finally finished the letter and stared into space. Time passed quite quickly and before I knew it, I could already see a beautiful sunset. I put the letter back in my garter and slid it onto my thigh again, since there weren't much people here anymore. And what's weird is that no one looked at me when I did that before so I thought it wouldn't make any difference if I did it again.

Different thoughts raced in my head but with a lot of parts missing from this letter, like what happened after that and why I'm still in my wedding dress, it confuses me to no end!

I finally decided to just stay here and wait for my Kwon Jiyong, he's probably on his way here now, right? I've been here for hours and if we really are getting married then why isn't he here yet?

I paced the grounds near the church doors above the stairs, not wanting to get my gown dirty.

After quite some time of pacing and walking back and forth, my mind drifted into nothingness and soon I fell asleep.

-

A fresh breeze woke me up, looking around, I was confused with where I was. I turned my head from side to side and saw the huge church and some people mingling around.

There's this sense of deja vu and I can't shake it off. I paced back and forth, not knowing what to do. I leaned on the marble wall and watched all the lively people around me, wondering why no one was looking at me.

Where is Kwon Jiyong? Who is Kwon Jiyong? Why isn't he here yet? I don't understand why I'm thinking these thoughts but they're just in my mind and they stayed there all day long. I didn't know what to do anymore. I'm so confused. No one was looking at me, no one was talking to me. I called out but no one paid attention to me. I tried to get down the stairs but it seems as if an invisible force field is keeping me restricted to this place.

And I know that only Kwon Jiyong can get me out of here.

So I called out to him with all my might, "Jiyong! Jiyong! Help me Kwon Jiyong! You're my only hope, help me! Jiyong!!" and as if calling out his name drained me of all my energy and strength, I passed out.

-

One week later, as Yongguk, Zelo and Himchan were looking at Youngjae's pictures on his cellphone, they noticed something weird.

"EH??? Did you see that hyung~?!" Zelo pointed to their picture by the famous church.

"What is it?" Himchan asked their maknae.

He pointed to the church at the back of the picture and said "Look at that! That white thing! Zoom in hyung!" He called out in horror.

"Aish! So childish!" Yongguk complained as he zoomed to the back.

"OMO! There IS someone there!" Youngjae said in realization and shock.

"It's a pretty lady in a wedding gown! Did you see her while we were there?" Zelo asked his hyungs.

"I didn't, I would've noticed a beautiful woman like her." Yongguk complained.

"Yeah, me too. Wah, is this a ghost?" Youngjae asked.

"Maybe she's haunting the church? Looking for his groom? Maybe something happened and she's stuck here?" Zelo blabbered on.

"Maybe she's confused. She seems so lost. Aish this is so scary," Himchan frowned, "I wish we could help her." he looked down quietly and so did the others, uttering a small prayer for the mysterious, beautiful, lost soul's safe departure from this earth.

 

 

 


Mianhe, yorobun!! I was super busy the past few months and I couldn't think of a decent way to end this [Writer's block :(].

But I'm sorry, I didn't give you guys a happy ending. It was never supposed to be a happy ending from the start. :( I looove Daragon, but you see, the inspiration for this story, was a picture my sisters saw on Google while searching for wedding stuff for my sister who's going to get married soon!

The picture (I didn't see it, but I'll explain it) : A group of teenagers took a picture, with a church as their background, I don't know if it was photo manipulated or if it's a real sighting, but right there, on the door of the church, a beautiful ghost of a bride stood, seemingly waiting for his groom.

I'm sorry if I dissapointed some/all of you with this, but this was the storyline since the beginning :'( Sorry I killed the Daragon couple btw!

I'll be posting some new stuff in time (I already have tons of drafts!), but seeing that it took me a loooooong time to update this one fic, I hope you'll all bear with me. I was only able to update tonight because I'm in the middle of my sembreak (Got to watch BIGBANG concert in Manila too!) so yeah, thank you and sorry!

Thank you for reading <3

-VIP4TOP