Rejecting the other three

Difficult love.

  Both you and Kai got back downstairs and it seemed like no one had noticed both of you were gone. Kai winked at you and mouthed 'talk to you later' and he left to look for Lay.    You giggled at your boyfriend's adorable action and joined your brothers in the kitchen to cut some fruits. 

  After cutting the fruits, you brought the tray and laid it on the table. "Fruits time!" You hollered. "Fruits!" Sehun flew over and attempted to pick the fruits with hands but you smacked his hand lightly. "Ouch. ~~~, what was that for?" He pouted and rubbed the spot where you hit him. "Wash your hands or use the fork." You paused before continuing. "On second thought, just use the fork." You took the fork and tossed it to him without looking. Sehun scowled as he grabbed the fork before it could poke him. You laughed at his adorable angry face. *Is it just me or does he look like angry bird?*

  You saw Woohyun sitting at the balcony of your house. *What is oppa thinking about?* You poked a strawberry and walked towards him thinking that it would be the right time to tell him.

  "Oppa?" You called him once but he didn't answer. 

  "Oppa?" You called a little louder this time. "Huh?" He turned back and saw you standing there with a strawberry poked on your fork in your hand. "What were you thinking? You were so deep in your thoughts you didn't hear me call you." You told him exactly. "..Nothing. It's for me right?" He pointed to the strawberry and popped it in his mouth as you nodded.

  You sat down on the chair beside him which was facing outside. "Oppa.. I've actually got something to say." You cleared your throat. *I have to tell him. I can't be so selfish. But how do I put it so as not to hurt him?* "I've made up my mind already. And.. I-" "I know your decision.. It's Kai. Right?" Woohyun interrupted. 

  "O-Oppa.. How did you know?" You looked at him, a little surprise. *Of course it's him. From the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. Anyone could tell that both of you are deeply in love with each other.* But his mouth didn't say what he was thinking. "I just know it." He tapped your shoulders. "It's alright. I respect your decision. And I'll keep my promise." He smiled a little larger this time. "Friends?" He held his hand out and waited for you to shake it. "Of course." You beamed and shook his hand willingly. 

  Yes, Woohyun was smiling outside but was he on the inside? Only he himself knows. *I shouldn't have worried. I knew Woohyun oppa would take it well.* You heaved a sigh of relief but really, would Woohyun take it well? He was probably just trying to put up a strong front in front of you.

  After chatting with Woohyun for awhile, you left the balcony and headed back into the house. *Brr. It was cold out there.* You shuddered and rubbed your arms repeatedly. 

  It was still very noisy inside. Those chatterboxes, mainly Baekhyun, Sehun, Zelo, the two yeollies and Xiumin were talking non-stop. *Don't they ever get thirsty talking so much? The noise is driving me crazy.* You covered your ears, walked towards the door, wanting to head outside but a cardigan was placed over you as you opened the door. "It's cold outside." Kai smiled an you smiled as well. *My sweet boyfriend.* "I'll be right back." You waved and left the house for some fresh air. 

  "Hmmm.. Fresh air." You breathed in deeply before letting it go loudly. "Out for some fresh air as well?" A voice spoke and a shadow came out from the back. You jumped a little before turning around to check who the person was. "Jiho oppa.." "Annyeong." He revealed his signature smile once again.

  "So what brings you out here?" Zico leaned on the pole with his hands stuck in his pocket. "Like you said. For some fresh air." You copied his position and leaned on the same pole with your hands in your dress pocket. Seeing you trying to copy him, Zico turned to you. "It's like this." He straightened your body as he laughed. "Hehe. Anyways, Oppa." You turned to face him. "Yes?" He pushed himself off the pole and turned to you as well. "I.. Have made up my mind." You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly. "About?" "The one I love.." You said slowly.

  Zico looked at you before laughing loudly. His laughter was loud and fake. *I knew she was going to say that.* You blinked warily at him. "Why are you laughing?" "N-nothing. You can continue." He cleared his throat, feeling embarrassed. You raised your eyebrow and continued, "I love Kai." not knowing you smiled. You couldn't control your smile. The moment you hear or call his name, your mouth would hitch up, magically.

  "I know.." He couldn't help but to feel a tinge of sadness. He had already knew that you liked Kai and he had already prepared himself for the truth. However, when you told him, he felt so powerless. He felt so weak. He was supposed to take it well but no, he didn't. He felt breathless. He forced a smile. "It's alright. I've found a girl I like already." Obviously lying. But you couldn't tell that he was lying. 

  Instead, you were really happy for him. "Really Oppa? That's great!" Your eyes widened and you smiled from ear to ear. "I'm really happy for you, oppa, from the bottom of my heart." He faked a smile again. "Thank you." *She thinks I'm telling the truth. How can it be? I only love you and you only.* He couldn't hide his sad face anymore but he still insisted on smiling.

  You rubbed your arms again, feeling really cold due to the thin piece of cardigan. Zico took off his jacket and placed it over your shoulder. "Komawo oppa." You thanked him, really appreciative of his jacket that was place over you. It gave you another layer of warmth. Just then, something near his collarbone caught your eyes as he was wearing a white singlet. 

  "Oppa.. Is that a tattoo?" You asked, pointing to the tattoo near his collarbone. You were half surprised and half curious. He covered the tattoo with his hands immediately. "N-no. It's nothing." "You don't have to cover it. It's nice. Full of swag. Besides, it's cool!" You waved your hands and winked, telling him that it wasn't a need to cover it. Zico was taken aback by your answer. He didn't expect that. He was expecting something like 'Omg. Why is there a tattoo?' or 'Why did tattoo?' or even 'Tattoos are turn-offs.' He removed his hands slowly and smiled. "Thanks." *That's what I like about you. You're just so extraordinary. Just so special. Just so unique. I doubt I would ever fall in love with anyone else.*

  Soon, when it got colder, you returned back into your house with Zico, returning him his jacket as well. Your neighbors and Infinite had also left the house not long later since it was already 8 at night. It was left with EXO, your brothers and Block B. The laughters and chattering had died down since the choding 'Yeol' was gone. 

  "~~~, I think we should leave already. I'm sure you're tired already. Thanks for inviting us. We had a wonderful time today." Zico stood up with the other block b members. "No problem. Thanks for coming as well. See you all soon!" You waved happily back to him and sent them out.

--------------------

  "Oppa, I need to talk to you." You tapped on Kris's shoulder from the back. Your brothers and EXO were busy playing some video games and you took the opportunity to talk to Kris. You had spoken to Woohyun and Zico but not him. "Oh. ~~~. Alright." "We'll talk in the kitchen. Just give me a minute." You ran to pull Kai from the crowd and went into the kitchen quickly together with him.

  As you entered the kitchen, Kris looked up at the both of you. He grew upset again. He knew what you were going to talk about to him. It would definitely about you and Kai. He was also prepared but when he saw you and Kai together, his heart could not help but to ache.

  Kai walked beside you, towards Kris. "Oppa-" "~~~-" Both of you started at the same time. "You say first." Kris allowed you. You nodded before continuing. "Oppa, I'm together with Kai Oppa now." You admitted. He smiled as soon as you finished your sentence. "I know." *Why is everyone taking it so well?* You were confused. They didn't look like they were upset at all. That was a good thing perhaps? "You know?" You blinked. "Yes, I know. I said I would respect your decision, remember? And I don't deserve your love anyway.." He smiled a little, just a little. "Oppa, don't feel that way. I'm sure there are many other girls prettier and better than me." You comforted him. *I don't want anyone else. I only want you and you only.* "Alright." He nodded. Kai appreciated that his hyung was taking it well. You grinned to Kai and he pinched your cheeks, grinning back at you. Watching both of you like that, Kris hurt even more. He wanted to just get out of the place. 

  "So Oppa, what did you want to say just now?" He shrugged. "Nothing. I just wanted to say it was late already and we should go soon. Kai, I'll give you 5 mins and get your out before the 5 mins end or I'll pull you out. I know some things you can't control." He warned Kai jokingly. Both of you laughed. "Oppa, no worries. He wouldn't have the chance to lay a finger on me." You winked at Kris and he left the kitchen, knowing both of you wanted some space.    

  "~~~-ah, do you want to listen to Oppa sing?" He pulled you closer to him by your hand. *I told Kris I won't let him have a chance to lay a finger on me. But.. The moment his skin comes in contact with mine, my legs turn soft immediately. Stupid knee. Grow stronger, will you?*

  "Of course I want to. It's my honor." You tilted your head up to look at him, gazing tenderly into his eyes.

  Listen babe, I’ll dedicate this song for you.

  A really happy you, who is next to me I waited for today, your birthday

  Your smile that looks at me oh It’s really, really bright I want to pick those stars for you

  Happy birthday to you

  My beautiful love Baby, only for you

  Because you’re here, I’m happy

  Happy birthday to you

  Just like today, forever

  Baby, only for you

  We’re going to be together

  From when I open my eyes till I close them, I only think of you for the whole day

  It’s lonely, a night without you

  You, who is like the sunshine that shines through the window

  You wake me up and make me smile, you’re special, a bit different

  You, who is more important than anything else in the world

  Will you accept my heart that I prepared for you

  Your smile that looks at me oh

  It’s really, really bright I want to pick those stars for you

  Happy birthday to you

  My beautiful love

  Baby, only for you

  Because you’re here, I’m happy

  Happy birthday to you

  Just like today, forever

  Baby, only for you

  We’re going to be together

  Lovey-dovey, sometimes we argue

  I think all night about what I should do to the sulking you

  Do you know how my heart tightens because you might hate me?

  To me, there’s no one else but you.

  You’re the only one that makes me smile I can see that you’re different even among a group of many people

  Your shining eyes, lips

  My heart feels at peace when you’re next to me

  I thank God for bringing the beautiful you down here

  Please stay like this forever, inside me I will kiss you baby Happy birthday Happy birthday to you

  My beautiful love

  Baby, only for you

  Because you’re here, I’m happy

  Happy birthday to you

  Just like today, forever

  Baby, only for you

  We’re going to be together"

 BAP, Happy Birthday. (I just felt that I should add this song in. It fits perfectly here. Proud of our boys.)  Cr: www.kpoplyrics.net

  After Kai finished singing you clapped fervently and crushed your body to his for a tight passionate hug. "Thank you Kai oppa. Saranghae." Kai shook his head, smiling and wrapped his arms around your tiny waist before pulling away quickly so that no one would see. *I had never found anyone who could warm my heart like you did. And I'm glad I have you with me.* 

  Kai  flickered his gaze to you. "Call me Jongin oppa."   

  Song of the chapter : Geeks and Soyou, Officially missing you, too.