Interrupted

Holding On

 

Jonghyun was bolting around their bedroom like his was on fire. To the closet, to his dresser, to his bed, over by the door, then to his suitcase to drop in everything he’d collected - then pause, breathe, and repeat. Minho was sitting on his own bed, the small brown puppy belonging to the shorter male hiding in his lap.

Minho was beginning to feel a bit dizzy watching Jonghyun run around. Slowly, he pushed Roo out of his lap. He had to intervene. He got up, his arms shooting out to catch the little lightening bolt known as Jonghyun around the waist. The shorter boy jumped in surprise at the sudden contact, then spun in Minho’s arms.

“You’re going to wear a hole in the floor.” Minho said softly, and Jonghyun laughed. He threw his arms around Minho and squeezed.

“Mian. I’m just excited.” Jonghyun said, and Minho laughed too. He leaned down, quickly pressing his lips to Jonghyun’s, then lifting the other off of his feet. Jonghyun clung to him, his eyes squeezing shut. “Short people are meant to be close to the ground, Minho.”

“I know.” Minho said, bringing Jonghyun to the bed and more or less dropping him on it. Jonghyun looked up at him in surprise as Minho pushed him back, climbing on top of him as he did.

“Minho?” Jonghyun said, staring at the younger. Minho offered a devious grin.

“I’ll help you calm down.” Minho whispered, and Jonghyun shivered. “You’ll be so worn out you can’t run around anymore.”

“But Roo’s in here.” Jonghyun said, feeling slightly embarrassed by the dog as Minho’s knee slid between his legs. The taller boy raised a single brow.

“Should I put her out?” Minho asked, and Jonghyun nodded. Minho smiled softly at the elder, then leaned down to kiss him. “Give me a second.”

Jonghyun nodded, and the younger pulled back. He grabbed Roo from her place on the bed and carried her out the door. He set her on the floor, then went back in the room, locking the door firmly behind him. Jonghyun was eying him with no small amount of anticipation, and the younger slid up onto the bed once more.

His right arm slid under Jonghyun’s lower back, lifting him off the bed and catching his lips. Jonghyun’s fingers found purchase in the front of Minho’s shirt, then released as his arms slid up around the taller boy’s neck. Minho pulled back from the kiss after a little while, and Jonghyun was panting already. Minho lowered his head just enough to kiss and at Jonghyun’s neck, causing a fairly vocal reaction to come from the elder.

“Yah!”

Both boys jumped in surprise, looking up at the door to see who had come in, but the door was still closed. Jonghyun turned to Minho with huge eyes, a concerned expression on his face. Minho had heard the voice too, right? He wasn’t going crazy, was he?

“Minho!” They jumped again, but this time they were able to recognize the voice as belonging to Kibum. “Don’t forget he has to drive! Don’t hurt him!”

Jonghyun turned bright red, then rolled away from Minho, any trace of interest in intimacy gone. Minho was unable to keep himself from laughing, but pulled Jonghyun back against him anyway. His lips found the back of the elders neck, and the shorter boy squirmed uncomfortably.

“Cut it out.” Jonghyun mumbled, and Minho paused.

“Wae?” He asked, his voice low and sounding right beside Jonghyun’s ear.

“We got caught.” Jonghyun said, his shoulders hunching up slightly. Minho shifted himself to try and get a look at Jonghyun’s face, but the shorter boy hid his face.

“Jjongie?” Minho whispered, and the elder have a half shrug.

“Key’s right, anyway. I have to drive.” Jonghyun said. MInho slipped his arm under the elder, forcing him to roll over. When he did, Minho caught his lips in the softest, most loving kiss Jonghyun could ever remember.

“I won’t hurt you.” Minho said. “Don’t you trust me?”

Jonghyun nodded, still looking insecure and embarrassed. Minho leaned down, catching the edge of Jonghyun’s shirt in his fingers, then sliding his hands under it and pushing it up. His lips followed along, kissing the skin as it was revealed, and Jonghyun’s slipped shut. HIs mouth fell open, too, and his muscles twitched and trembled at each gentle touch.

Then someone knocked on the door.

“Aish..” Minho groaned, lifting his head. Jonghyun’s mildly expression faded back to one of vulnerability.

“Minho?” Jonghyun said softly.

“Yah! Kibum! Leave us alone!” Minho all but shouted.

“It’s not Key.” The appa’s voice came through the door. Jonghyun whined and rolled over, tugging his shirt down as he did. “Why is this door locked?”

“Because we wanted some time alone.” Minho groaned out, falling on top of Jonghyun. The elder squirmed slightly.

“Oh...OH!” Jinki sputtered. “I-I just wanted to make sure you guys were all packed up! M-mianhae!”

“It’s fine, appa..” Jonghyun called out, sounding a little sad.

“Jjongie...” Minho said softly, rubbing his side. “Don’t be upset.”

There was a faint sound of footsteps going down the hall and away from their room, but it was ignored entirely as a new sound took over. The smaller boy was sniffling softly, his face hidden in the pillow beneath his head. Minho rubbed his lower back gently while Jonghyun struggled with his emotions. Eventually, the black haired boy rolled over and squeezed himself against Minho.

“Mian...” Jonghyun finally mumbled. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“Shh...” Minho whispered, running his palm over Jonghyun’s back. The elder pressed his face into Minho’s chest. “Talk to me. Are you just embarrassed, or..?”

“A little bit.” Jonghyun admitted. “I don’t like it when people know.”

“Don’t be upset. We didn’t do anything.” Minho said, and Jonghyun nodded. It was true, after all. They’d only done some kissing, something everyone had seen them do in the past.

“Can we just stay here?” Jonghyun asked. “Just for a little while?”

“What do you mean?” Minho asked. Jonghyun pouted up at him.

“I want to stay like this for a few more minutes.” Jonghyun clarified, and Minho nodded, wrapping his arms around the elder.

“We get to be alone for a long time in the car, too.” Minho pointed out. Jonghyun suddenly sat up.

“Where’s my wallet?!” He asked, his eyes wide. Minho laughed, then pointed to the dresser. Jonghyun was obsessive about keeping track of his recently awarded license. His driving was flawless, but he was still sure to keep it within arms reach just in case he got pulled over. He let out a sigh of relief, collapsing back into Minho’s arms. “Gomawo.”

“I think Taemin and Key are going to have the most trouble.” Minho said, nodding slightly to himself. Jonghyun tilted his head.

“Waeyo?” Jonghyun asked.

“They’re taking Key’s car.” Minho said. Jonghyun grinned as he thought of the little lime green two-door convertible Key had received for his birthday.

“We’ll take my car. It’s more comfortable.” Jonghyun said, kissing Minho suddenly. The younger was surprised by the sudden shift in attitude, but he kissed back easily enough.

They were broken apart a moment later by another knock at the door. Jonghyun sighed, looking more than a little annoyed. He pushed himself up off the bed and yanked the door open, a glare ready for whoever was on the other side of the door. Unfortunately, that person was Taemin, and he backed up fairly quickly, apologizing as he went. Jonghyun sighed.

“What is it, Taeminnie?” Jonghyun asked, and Taemin looked a bit embarrassed as he spoke.

“C...can Eve ride with you guys?” He asked. “There’s not much room in Key’s car, and...”

“I know, I know.” Jonghyun said, nodding. “Kenchana.”

“Kamsahamnida, hyung!” Taemin said, grinning. He took off down the hall shortly after, and Jonghyun flopped back on the bed. Minho kissed his cheek.

“Relax. We’re going on vacation.” Minho said.

“To watch appa get married.” Jonghyun pointed out.

“To umma.” Minho replied, and Jonghyun shrugged.

“And your birthday is going to be right after we get back.” Jonghyun said. Minho ruffled Jonghyun’s hair.

“You need a haircut.” Minho said softly. Jonghyun stuck out his tongue.

“Ani.” Jonghyun said. “I’m going to grow it out just like yours.”

“Then I’ll cut mine.” Minho threatened. Jonghyun pouted.

“Wae?” He finally asked.

“I don’t think I would like your hair long.” Minho said. Jonghyun pondered than for a moment, and finally nodded.

“Arasso.” He said, reaching up to tug at Minho’s hair. The younger grinned.

“Let’s go, ok? They’re probably waiting for us.” Minho said. Jonghyun nodded, getting up and grabbing his wallet and keys. It was going to be a long drive, but Jonghyun couldn’t complain about a two-day road trip with Minho. They were going to have fun, if nothing else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is a filler chapter. I couldn't think of anything to write, and this came to me during a 10 minute break at school. The only real purpose was to show that, yes, Key got a car, and yes, Jonghyun and Key both are 17 and have their driver's licenses, but also that Jonghyun is doing just fine. As for everyone thinking that Taking A Chance is going to be all about Minho, don't be too sure. I've got something planned for Taeminnie, and something that is going to change the whole family dynamic. Please enjoy!