Daddy Issues

Holding On

Minho stood where he was for a long time, unsure of what to do. Jonghyun wanted his mom? What did that mean? He wanted the woman who raised him? or did he want the woman who birthed him? Was he just upset, or planning to leave? Or did he just want someone to play the role? Someone he could talk to?

Minho was too caught up in his thoughts to hear the sound of Luna’s car in the driveway. He moved forward, taking a seat on the bed and pulling Jonghyun close to him, wiping at his eyes. Jonghyun stared at him for a long time, not saying anything. Minho kissed his forehead, trying to think of how to ask the question on his mind, but he was so afraid of the answer. What if Jonghyun really wanted to leave them, all because of Luna? What would they do? And was it too late to reverse the situation?

“Jjongie..” Minho started, trying to hold in the heartbreak that was threatening to overtake him. Jonghyun looked up, and Minho was about to say something else when they heard footsteps on the stairs, and then the door opening.

Within a few seconds, their room was flooded with people. Jinki went right to them, his arms extending toward Jonghyun, and Minho was a little hurt when his boyfriend pulled away from him in favor of the appa. It was quiet for a few minutes as Jonghyun buried himself into Jinki’s embrace, and Minho was surprised when Key went to him, pulling him into a warm embrace.

“Jonghyun, what’s wrong?” Jinki asked, and Jonghyun sniffled softly.

“I just miss my umma.” Jonghyun said softly. “I just miss her sometimes.”

“It’s ok.” Jinki said. “I miss mine, too.”

Jonghyun looked up in surprise. He often forgot the appa had lost his parents, too. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Key nodding in agreement, then Luna doing the same from the doorway. Jonghyun rubbed at his eyes, then hid away in the appa’s arms again. It hurt too much to be real, and sometimes Jonghyun wondered if the pain would kill him. He felt guilty every time he was happy, because she couldn’t be anymore. He wasn’t even sure if she ever was, after finding out she was actually his sister.

“Do you want to go visit her?” Luna asked softly. “We could find out where she’s buried.”

Jonghyun slowly nodded, and Jinki could have kissed Luna. He would, too, later on when everyone had calmed down. For now, though, he just had to figure out how to calm Jonghyun. Luna walked across the room, taking a seat on the other side of Jonghyun and wrapping her arm around him. Jonghyun looked up at her in surprise, but slowly moved to lean on her instead, and he was surprised by how comforting her presence really was.

“Can I tell you something?” Luna asked softly. Jonghyun nodded. “When my parents died, I spent a long time trying to figure out what to do. How to make them happy, how to live for them. I got stuck in a job I hated, and I didn’t have any friends.”

“Then what happened?” Jonghyun asked, and Luna smiled softly, rubbing his back.

“I met him.” She said, pointing to Jinki. “He gave me the craziest advice. He told me to quit my job and be happy. That that was what my parents would have wanted.”

“What did you do?” Key asked softly. Luna smiled.

“I quit my job.” She said simply. “My parents wouldn’t have wanted me to be sad all the time. They didn’t die wishing for me to become a lawyer. They worked hard for me to be happy. Being miserable was no way for me to pay my respects.”

“I just wish she was here.” Jonghyun said, rubbing at his eyes again. Luna hugged him tighter.

“I know it’s hard.” Luna said. “We’re all here if you ever need to talk about it, but...if she hadn’t passed away, you wouldn’t be here. She gave you a gift, even if it’s hard to see sometimes.”

“I know.” Jonghyun said, curling up beside her. He missed having a maternal presence in his life, and while he wasn’t about to start calling her ‘umma,’ he was happy enough to give her the role. “Are you going to stay?”

“De.” She said, petting his hair, and he nodded slowly before pulling off of her and moving closer to Minho.

It was only a little while later that Jonghyun and Minho were left alone with Key and Taemin, and it wasn’t long at all before Key had something to say. He hadn’t missed the tear tracks on Minho’s face when he came in, nor had he been dumb enough not to believe Minho when he said that their appa had cried. It didn’t take as much as one might think to make their fearless leader sob. You just had to hit the right buttons.

“So, what happened?” Key finally asked. “It’s not all that common that I come home to all three of you crying.”

“W-what?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes widening. He looked up at Minho, but he seemed fine.

“Nothing.” Minho said, shrugging it off casually. Jonghyun tugged on his shirt.

“Why were you crying?” He asked, his own eyes dampening.

“I had a serious talk with appa about how he needs to-” Minho stopped abruptly, before he could work himself up.

“He needs to what?” Key asked softly. Minho sighed.

“He...he needs to stop leaving me out.” Minho said, his voice small. “He does it all the time. I mean, I don’t mind not being the center of attention. That’s never been my goal...but...I just don’t like being forgotten about.”

“Why is this coming out so suddenly?” Taemin asked. “Did you get enough sleep?”

“I slept fine.” Minho said, his tone guarded. “I just decided to speak up. Is that a problem?”

“Oh. My. God.” Key said suddenly, looking back and forth between Minho and Jonghyun, who were stuck like glue to one another. He didn’t miss the way Jonghyun was shifting uncomfortably, either. “You guys did it.”

“Did what?” Jonghyun asked, clearly confused. Minho’s cheeks flamed.

“You had !” Key said, and Taemin moved forward to cover his boyfriends mouth, but Key was too excited. “Who bottomed? It was Jonghyun, wasn’t it? Did he have trouble finding your-”

“STOP!” Minho yelled suddenly, surprising them all. Jonghyun was utterly humiliated, his head hidden behind Minho. “I think you need to go into your own room.”

“D-de...” Key said, still very wide-eyed. None of them were known for yelling at one another, but for Minho to raise his voice was a little...shocking to say the least.

Apparently the appa agreed, because he came rushing into the room just as Key and Taemin were getting ready to leave. He stopped them where they were, ushering them back into the room and looking around between them all.

“What’s going on?” He asked, seeing Jonghyun trying to hide himself away.

“Key was teasing Jjong.” Minho said. Jinki’s eyebrows scrunched together.

“What?” He looked over at Key. “Why’d you do that?”

“I wasn’t teasing! I was asking a question!” Key snapped, looking angry. Jinki looked between them quickly, trying to figure out the best way to stop the fight before it started.

“What were you asking him?” He asked, and Key sighed, crossing his arms.

“I asked if he bottomed, and of course he took it the wrong way!” Key said, rolling his eyes. “It’s not like it’s a bad thing to bottom! I do it all the time!”

Jinki’s mouth fell open in complete and utter shock, and Luna, who was standing in the doorway, had a large amount of red on her face that hadn’t existed previously. A moment later, the four boys blushed almost at the same time, realizing what Key had just told the appa. Jonghyun wanted to die, he was so embarrassed.

“Y...you guys are...having ?” Jinki finally managed, and Jonghyun looked like he might cry.

“We only did it today! It’s not like we’ve been-” Jonghyun started, but Jinki waved his arms in the air.

“I don’t want to know when you’re doing it.” He said, his eyes still wide. “I just...I didn’t realize you guys were...at that age already.”

“Mian...appa....” Taemin said softly, looking completely ashamed.

“It’s...I mean...just...” Jinki squeezed his eyes shut. When he spoke again, his voice was weak. “I’m not mad.”

"Arrasso..." Taemin said, obvious tears bubbling up in his eyes.

He bowed his head, biting his lip hrashly. He was the baby, after all. He had been the youngest when he lost his ity at the age of 13, and he felt sick to his stomach for dissapointing the appa. Key quietly wrapped his arms around Taemin's softly shaking form, knowing Taemin was dealing with something a little harsher than just embarassment.

"Taemin." Jinki said softly, and the maknae glanced up long enough for everyone to see the tears on his face. "I'm not mad. I'm just...surprised. You're not in trouble."

"I know." Taemin whispered, and Jinki's stomach clenched. He had no idea what to do, or what could be done to make them feel better.

"Jinki, why don't you go start dinner?" Luna suggested softly, and the appa bit his lip and nodded slowly before heading out of the room. Luna took a seat on the bed beside Taemin, and for the second time that day found herself with her arms full of one of her boyfriends children. "Are you guys being smart about it?"

"S-smart?" Taemin stuttered, and Luna nodded.

"Are you...utalizing the tools you have available to make it safe?" She rephrased, and Taemin's nose scrunched up in confusion.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Condoms, or...lubrication?" Luna asked, looking a bit uncomfortable. "You've only had with Key, right?"

"De." Taemin said, nodding. Luna looked at Key.

"And you?" She asked. The diva nodded. She turned to Jonghyun and Minho, who were still sitting on the other bed looking like they had done something awful. "What about the two of you?"

"It was our first time today." Minho said. "Together, and in general."

"Then would you all stop looking so ashamed?" Luna said, surprising them all. "You've only ever had with one person. That doesn't make you bad, doesn't make you a , doesn't mean you didn't anything wrong. is a natural part of life."

"But appa-" Jonghyun started, and Luna shook her head.

"He forgets how old you are sometimes. He doesn't want you guys to grow up and leave him. It's normal for a first time parent." Luna said softly. "He's always going to have this image in his head of you all being his little boys. The ones he has to comfort after a nightmare, or cook for when you're sick."

"So he's not mad?" Taemin asked, and Lina shook her head.

"No. He just loves you too much to let you go." She said, and Taemin's eyes watered again.

"We love him, too. He knows that, right?" Taemin said, and Luna smiled.

"Of course he knows. But it doesn't hurt to remind him." She said, and Taemin nodded before getting up off the bed and heading down to the kitchen, Key on his heels. She turned to Jonghyun and Minho. "As for you two."

"Y..yeah?" Minho said, looking a bit nervous. He shifted his body slightly so he was between Luna and Jonghyun.

"What are you guys doing tomorrow? I haven't gotten to spend as much time with you as Taemin and Key, and...I really don't think that's fair." She said, and Minho visibly relaxed.

"Do you have anything planned for tomorrow, Jjongie?" Minho asked. Jonghyun nodded, and Minho's eyebrows went up. "What?"

"I'm hanging out with Luna." He said, pointing to the woman on the other bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so angry I could scream! I worked so hard on this chapter and the site ing deleted it! THIS is why I keep back-ups of EVERYTHING. Also, I lost like 15 subscribers, and my Karma dropped significantly. I have an EXO fic I started writing not too long ago, and I was going to post it, but how do I know it's not going to be deleted? And I really DON'T believe Jason is going to be able to "restore everything." There are reasons server changes are BAD. I'm so mad. (Sorry about all the swearing. I swear a lot IRL too. I'm a bad influence D:)

 

And I’ve officially come to terms with the fact that there will, indeed, be a third installment in this little mini-series. Blame Minho.