Unrequited Hearts

10,000 Years With Love



 




It’s six in the evening when he wakes up -- stomach churning and eyes swollen to the extent of being unable to open them. The needle stuck on his hand was stiff, and Kris doesn’t exactly like the feeling of feeling vulnerable, but something else was gnawing in the back of his mind -- yet he isn’t able to put his finger to it. The last thing he remembers was getting kicked in the guts by some guy of his age, and subconsciously, Kris thinks that he’d heard Zitao muttering words along the line of ‘sorry’, and ‘for the best’. Everything was all but a blur after getting a blow to his head.

In all honesty, rather than a personal apology from Zitao, Kris would very much prefer for the younger boy to be with him right now -- holding his hands, and telling him everything was going to turn out fine, because that was how all stories turn out in the end. A painful throb of his heart causes him to groan a little, his whole body lifting up by a couple of centimeters above the clothed surface.

There was a slight commotion amongst the nurses when he’d roused from the bed, apparently his body still wasn’t ready to be receiving such heavy movements, and he was forced back down onto the hard, springy surface. The air conditioning was harsh against his bruised skin; cold wind biting into his bandaged wounds and choking up his throat. It’s strange on all levels, because Kris knows that other than getting ed up and landing in the hospital, something was wrong. He’s unable to shift any part of his body due to the numbing after effects, but it’s funny, since he could feel the jade against his heaving chest, only that it felt so much more than different than how he was used to.

Much, much different.

It wasn’t till another fifteen minutes had passed before one of the teachers in charge of their trip came in, informing Kris that his parents’ have been notified and were asking for his return as soon as possible. His voice was groggy when he asked her how long he’s been knocked out for, and as much to his current knowledge, it was six, but there’s something wrong about this six in the evening. And of course, there indeed was something incorrect, for he’d been out for roughly two days due to the heavy blow against his spine.

“Now that you’re up, we’ll try to get you discharged by the next few days.” She mutters, looking at him from beneath the glasses perched on the bridge of her nose. “I hope you know that this fight would be going right into your record, and will cost you two demerit points, Wu.”

Kris nods, the discomfort getting into him and he refuses to be laying around on this stupid bed while listening to her. No, he shouldn’t be subjected to such a torture when he has just survived through one. Moreover, it was a bloody surprise attack by Lu Han and his friend when Kris was with Zitao.

He lets his heavy eyelids fall back into place, and he’s unsure what’s going on in his heart, because it’s all so messy in his mind -- but he’s crying.

He’s crying for an unknown reason, yet Kris is no one but a simple boy from Canada, carrying so much of a burden was too much (was it?). All he wants is to be able to see Zitao once again, and to hold him in his arms.

Words were nothing but overrated picturesque scenes -- and Kris finds himself falling right back into the spiral of nothingness -- into his warm dreams of Huang Zi Yu.

Into the nostalgic memories of a boy he loves.





-





In his seventeen years of life, Kris realizes that growing up as Wu Fan has brought no fun into his childhood. Girls thought his name was too tacky, and nobody had ever wanted to get close to him other than Henry and Amber. For the longest time, he had decided that he would be staying alone for the rest of his life -- or at least till he was able to find someone who would love him for who he was.

And he did.

It was embarrassing to be sent back less than a week after he’d arrived in China, and his parents’ had thought it was an utter waste of time (I mean, why go back to somewhere we wanted to escape from?). Painful and difficult as it was, Kris was unable to put that boy who could make his life a much better time into the back of his mind. He had left Qingdao without a second meeting with Zitao, and as much as he would call himself a , Kris forgot to ask the latter if he had an email address or something. Either way, it has been a year, and he’s sure that the other has moved on with Lu Han.

The bell rings, and his chemistry teacher dismisses the class for their break. Kris walks out sluggishly; getting pushed out of the way by the other seniors, eager for a change of air, rather than staying in the stifling lab.

He’s by the lockers, pulling out his biology books when a tap on his shoulder brings him back to focus.

Was he… supposed to be surprised?

Because if this was all an arrangement of fate, then Kris honestly thinks he loves how destined they are.

Zitao stands behind him -- much taller, now -- fiddling with the piece of jade which used to belong to Kris.

The way their gazes met was as electrifying as it had been a year back, and there was absolutely nothing either of them would trade for this situation they were in.

 

 

 

 

 

 


If I’ve loved you for a thousand years, then I’m pretty sure I can love you for ten thousand more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Yeah this is the end ppl. There's a poll below, and I hope you guys would partake in!

Thank all of you so much for being around after such a long time, and I'm so sorry for the sudden end to it. Frankly speaking, i hadn't planned for this to happen. Tao and Kris were never supposed to meet again, until their next life, but only for the same thing to happen again... But I couldn't do it because I just can't handle this story anymore. It has been a really fun time being with all of you, and I hope that you've enjoyed reading 10,000 Years With Love as much as I have. Soon, I will be accumulating chapters 13, 14 and 15 together and posting it on LiveJournal

If any of you are interested in reading the little drabbles that I write, but won't be posted on AFF, my tumblr is here :) I usually post them together in a bunch on LJ as well, say once in two months.

 

 

 




Once again, thank you very much for supporting me on this emotional rollercoaster ride, together with TaoRis and the manly Lu Han in here. Hopefully I will meet you guys once more in another fic. 

P.S, when you do pick the first choice in the poll, do elaborate on what kind of stuff would you want me to write lol. Like focus on the Jia Heng / Zi Yu part or something. You can also ask if you want me to write some other pairing... I get inspired with little comments here and there :)

P.P.S, if you like HunHan and enjoy historical stories inspired by Memoirs of A Geisha, I would like to recommend this story:

Golden Cherry Blossoms

The writing style is absolute lovely, and I look forward for more every time I'm done with one chapter.


(Sorry for the long A/N)