07

His Happily Ever After

I supposed to be with Seunghyun, this is so wrong... But then again, it feels so right, Dara thought to herself.


"What are you thinking about, Rabbit?" Jiyong suddenly broke her thought.

Dara just shook her head and gaze to the view in front of her. Here she was, together with only Jiyong--her best friend, not with her fiancée who was probably looking for her.

"This beach is so beautiful. I never know that they've built a dock here." Dara tried to change the topic.

But Jiyong can't be fooled. He knew Dara too well, and too long. He knew that she was trying to change the topic, and perhaps she was thinking about, Seunghyun? Well, it can't be helped though, Jiyong haven't told Dara about his secret meeting with her fiancée.

"If you're thinking about Seunghyun, nah, he already knew that I'll take you here. So don't worry. And that's why he haven't called you today." Jiyong explained. And Dara's response was a big 'O' formed on . Jiyong could always read her mind, and that was why she chuckled afterwards.

"Always Mr. Mind Reader," Dara chuckled. Jiyong only smiled in response.

Seconds passed, minutes passed.. They've been sitting on the beach for 30 minutes now. Joking about the past, the present, but they avoided talking about the future. They both know, that this maybe will be the last time they could hang out freely like this. But for Jiyong, it was more than that. Maybe this will be the very last time he could hang out or even talk to Dara.

"Yeah, I remember you pulled that prank on Youngbae and his face was so priceless! Hahaha!" Dara laughed at her memory of last year's April's Fools.

"He got mad at me for 1 week straight, though. But his face when he saw that fake snake, hahaha!" Jiyong added. Oh, how he wish he could turn back time.

And then they were enveloped by another silence. Both thinking about what to say next, or what memory should they reminiscence now. But again for Jiyong, he was gathering up his courage to tell Dara the truth.

"Hey Dara, what if.. I can't attend your wedding?" Jiyong suddenly asked.

"You'll be the worst best friend ever. End of story." Dara replied. Her wedding won't be perfect without Jiyong, her best friend must see her walking down the altar.

"What if, I die tomorrow?" Jiyong asked again.

"Don't be crazy! Ji, what's with your 'what-ifs' game? I don't want you to die. You're.. My best, best, best, friend! I can't let you die. Not before you find your own happily ever after!" Dara argued. Feeling strange all of a sudden, Jiyong's what ifs game wasn't funny at all! She pouted angrily. She can't imagine living without Jiyong..

Jiyong could only chuckled in response. Happily ever after? What a childish response, Dara. But that's why he loved her. Dara's childish side would always brighten up his serious personality.

Suddenly Jiyong stood up and walked away. Dara was so deep in her thought that made her didn't realize it. And then she felt two arms touching her back, and s her waist from behind.

"What if, this is my happily ever after?" Jiyong said, trying to masked the sadness in his voice. Yes, this was his happily ever after, together with Dara, being able to hold her. Even though, he knew that her heart belonged to someone else. This was his happily ever after

Dara froze. Jiyong's words stung her. Trying to putting all the pieces together, she tensed.

"Ji, you're n-n-not going t-t-to die, right?" Dara stuttered, the question itself was terrifying. Actually she didn't even want to hear the answer. But, the words has been said.

It was then Jiyong's turn to froze. How could she... Then, his head started to pound. His headache seemed to got worse by each day passed. He already took 5 pills a day, but it didn't help much. But, he won't let Dara see him in pain. Not in a gazillion years.

"What if, I have brain cancer?" Jiyong asked again.

Dara started to struggle, she wanted to see her best friend's face. No, he wasn't going to die. This was all just a dream. She struggled more to face Jiyong but Jiyong's grip was firm and strong. It was like he didn't want Dara to see him vulnerable.

"Ji, let me go! What are you talking about?" She struggled more. But to no effect.

"Dara, what if, Kwon Jiyong fall in love with Sandara Park?" After saying that all Jiyong could see was darkness.

 

--

 

a/n: 1 more chapter to go! && comments are <3