06

His Happily Ever After

 

Today's the day. The day that Jiyong have planned out for weeks. It was exactly 1 week before Dara and Seunghyun's wedding. And Jiyong felt it was the right time to kidnap Dara.

"Where are you?" Jiyong asked anxiously to Dara.

"I'm still on my way, Ji. Why are you so impatient nowadays?" Dara snapped back through the phone.

If only you knew, Jiyong thought bitterly.

"I'm on my PMS, you mad?" Jiyong joked to eased up his mind.

He was pacing in front of their junior high school building, the place they first met each other. He chose this place because, it reminded him of so many memories. From their first meeting until now. Oh, time flies really fast..

"Ji, turn around," Dara commanded. Jiyong did as she says, and there, his beautiful rabbit standing gracefully. Even though it was just the plain, normal Dara.

"Yah! What are you looking at?" Dara's voice brought him back to reality.

"Err, nothing." Jiyong replied awkwardly.

He then started to dragged Dara inside. They were walking side by side, clouded with a comfortable silence between them. They both knew, this place brought back so many memories of their friendship.

Finally, they got to the park behind their school. Jiyong was the first to break the silence.

"Remember? You tripped on a rock and almost fell, here?" Jiyong started.

"Of course, and Mr. Kwon Cassanova Jiyong was there to help me. Oh-so-cliche. Right?" Dara replied playfully.

They were now sitting on one of the bench there. Looking far to the view of the school in front of them.

"I'm not a Cassanova!" Jiyong snapped.

"Oh sure, and all the girls who claimed as your girlfriend? Just admit it, Ji. You were quite a cassanova back then," Dara replied calmly. She smiled a bit, remembering those time when some girls trying to break her friendship with Jiyong.

"I was just... Being nice. That's all," Jiyong tried to argue.

Dara didn't try to argue back. She just chuckled at Jiyong's persistence. How she love her best friend for this, oh wait not love, but like. She audibly sighed. Lately, she started to have second thoughts about her upcoming wedding, and she hated that.

Dara was about to say something when Jiyong dragged her again. Of course she was shouting at Jiyong's sudden action, but Jiyong would only smiled and kept on going. Finally, they reached Dara's car.

"The key, please." Jiyong said calmly. Not letting go of Dara's hand. 

"What?" Dara replied confusedly.

"I didn't bring my car, so may I use yours, Rabbit?" Jiyong said and bowed curtly, making Dara laughed.

"Sure, here you go," Dara then handed the car key.

--

"We're here." Jiyong nudged Dara slowly.

Dara started to wake up from her sleep. Where was she? The car ride was surely a long one. She started to looked around, and gaped. This place? Oh my...

"Ji, this is..." Dara said slowly. 

"Your family's summer house, remember?" Jiyong finished her sentence and got out of the car.

Dara couldn't believe it. Now she was at her family's summer house, or what it used to be her family's summer house. This place was her favorite, but due to her family financial problem, they decided to sell this house. Dara then opened the gate, like how she used to.

Meanwhile, Jiyong was observing everything. He felt happy to see Dara happy. It made him felt that this was the right choice, to bought the summer house, and to brought Dara here. He then followed Dara inside and opened the main door.

"Ji, how could you...?" Dara was undeniably speechless.

"I.. Sort of.. Bought it?" Jiyong answered awkwardly.

Without thinking, Dara suddenly hugged Jiyong. So tightly, it made Jiyong gasping for air. His body was no longer in perfect condition, even a tight hug suffocated him now. But, he didn't show it to Dara, he acted like everything was fine.

"Thank you, Ji! I really thought I won't be able to come to this place, ever in my life! How can you know? Ji.. I owe you big time, Dragon!" Dara started blabbering.

"That's what best friends are for, right?" Jiyong replied with a hidden bitterness in his voice.

He will tell her tonight, he will let go of everything tonight.