Flash backs

Come back to me.

“Im Jenny!” A voice shouted Jenny’s name and he is her boss, Mr Kwon.

“Now in my office! Straight away, Im Jenny!” Mr Kwon shouted and Jenny went in his office.

“I’m meeting my client in another half an hour. Where the hell is your design? Why did you come late? Did you want to get fired?!” Mr Kwon slammed his hand on the table while Jenny just stands there without responding to him.

Suddenly, a knock sounded.

“Mr Kwon, sorry to disturbed but I think this is Jenny’s work piece. Maybe she left it in my car when I drove her here.” Seunghyun pass the folder to Mr Kwon and winked to Jenny and walk out the room.

“I really hope this is your work, Im Jenny. You have work hard. Don’t be late next time. The customers will run away. You may go and continue you work.” Mr Kwon browse through the papers and Jenny walk out.

With hard breathing, her colleagues shot a look at her unbelievably.

“Jenny-uh, you’re all right?” Yoona said.

“Where’s Seunghyun-sshi?” Jenny asked and glanced over the room.

“He went out.” Yoona pointed out the door.

“Thanks. Talk to you later, babe.” Jenny run out the room and run after Seunghyun who is now at the roof top of the company.

“Seunghyun-sshi.” Jenny pants heavily after running the stairs. Seunghyun turned back and smiled.

“Jenny-uh, what’s wrong? You got fired?” Seunghyun tried to and brightens up the dark atmosphere she had in the boss office.

“Thanks to you, Seunghyun-sshi. If not, I will be fired.” Jenny leaned over the railing trying to catch her breathing.

“My pleasure. Just don’t do it again next time. You won’t want to be yelled at and you won’t want to be fired, right?” He sipped his hot coffee.

“Yeah. Anyway, thanks.” Jenny glanced over him and gave him s gratitude smile.

“I’m going first before Mr Kwon finds out I’m up here.” Jenny said.

“Ah, okay. Will you want to have lunch with me?” Seunghyun asked and Jenny stopped walking.

“Aniya. I have pancakes ready for eating. Anyway, thanks Seunghyun-sshi.” Jenny objected and walk down the staircase.

Seunghyun sigh, “I would like to have lunch with you, Jenny.”

~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Hyuuuuung!!” Daesung playfully yell at Jiyong’s room.

“Shut up, Daesung. I’m trying to sleep here.” Jiyong throw a pillow at Daesung face directly.

“Hyung, what time do you want to wake up? It’s already lunch. Let’s eat fried rice with us. Yuri has already cooked for us. Hyung.” Daesung shook his hyung up.

“Ya Kwon Daesung, how the hell did you come in every time? I remember I locked the door.” Jiyong sleepy face makes Daesung laugh but he stops laughing the moment Jiyong throw another pillow at his face.

“You locked the door. But then again, you left the key outside. Come on, hyung.” Daesung dragged his hyung out his room and to the kitchen.

“Jiyong hyung is here.” Daesung cheerfully clapped his hand but then Seungri slapped Daesung back hard.

“Why do I even have an older twin like you? You’re twenty years old now. Act like one.” Seungri growled.

“Aish. But still I’m older than you by ten minutes and I’m still your hyung. Give me some respect, twinnie.” Daesung clearly said and sat beside Jiyong.

“Jiyong-sshi, please eat a lot. Ma’am reminds me to give you a lot of food.” Yuri said while spreading out the food on the table.

“You eat too, Yuri.” Jiyong offered. Yuri cheek is now flushed red and her heart is beating like crazy.

After a full stomach is feed on, Yuri went and makes teas for the three boys.

“Hyung, will you want to tell us the stories about you in California?” Daesung hugged a sofa pillow and turned to Jiyong.

“I studied there for three years then take a course for one year and spent a year to relax my mind. That’s all. Didn’t do much there in California.” Jiyong explained.

“Really? What kind of course did you take?” Daesung curiously asked.

“Ya, can you stop asking hyung this kind of questions?” Seungri hit Daesung’s head from behind.

“Aish.” Daesung wanted to throw a punch a Seungri but Jiyong stopped them.

“It’s okay, Seungri. Anyways Daesung, I took design courses. Different kind of design courses but what I’m most interested in is the interior designing.” Jiyong smiled.

“Interior design? You sure, hyung?” Daesung widened his eyes.

“Maybe yes. Maybe not. I’m off to shower.” Jiyong stood up and walked up the stair but at the same time, Yuri walk out the kitchen and they both clashed towards each other but luckily the tea does not drop.

“Sorry, Jiyong-sshi.” Yuri bowed slightly with her heart racing like mad again.

“It’s okay, Yuri.” Jiyong smiled and continue his walk.

Yuri put down the teas and touched her blushed red cheeks.

‘What’s wrong with me?’ Yuri thought.

~~~~~~~~~~`

Lunch came around without Jenny noticing. She has been working on a document since she arrived at the office after having a small talk with Seunghyun. Yoona came and pluck Jenny’s earpiece out. Jenny look up and gave Yoona a ‘what do you want’ stare.

“Im Jenny, this is a working building. You’re no longer a student who plays with phones when the teacher is teaching. You can’t always pluck your earpiece whenever you’re doing work.” Yoona keep her earpiece and rolled it up neatly.

“What do you want? I’m trying to finish this up by today then I’m free.” Jenny stretched her arms and stand up to make her blood flow as normal again.

“Let’s go to lunch.” Yoona drag Jenny with her.

“Miss Yoona, my mum had already packed for me some pancakes and chocolate milk for me to eat for lunch. I don’t think I have time to eat lunch with you. I still have a lot of work to do.” Jenny point to the paper work at her work table.

“You’re not a school girl anymore. Why still eat pancakes and milk, Jenny-uh?” Yoona pouted.

“Go and buy your pack food. We will talk again after work, okay?” Jenny holds Yoona hand.

Yoona take her purse with her and walk out the room.

Jenny sits back at her place and continues her paper document before she gets a yelling from Mr. Kwon again.

~~~~~~~~~~`

Jiyong dries his hair up and sit in front of his bed facing the mirror. He rubbed his face with face powder and blow dries his hair like how he’ll do every day.

“Why can’t I get her out of my mind after five long years?” Jiyong sighed.

“I leave this country just to forget her but still every day her face just appears in front of me. She doesn’t leave my mind even after I tried so hard trying to forget about our past relationship. What’s wrong with me? Did something bad happen to Jenny?” He sighed and lie on his back with his hand behind his head looking up the blue ceiling.

He stands up and walk to the wardrobe with picture frames on it. He picked up a picture frame with Jenny’s face in it.

“Is it because of this that I am not able to forget about you, Jenny-uh?” I grabbed the frame tightly until his veins are about to pop out.

“But I can’t make myself to throw this away. This is the only picture I have with you in it.” He hug the frame and put it back nicely. He took out a yellow colored paper and black ink pen and started writing.

Dear Im Jenny,

Jiyong oppa here. I came back from California and I can’t forget about you. You are always in my mind even after a long five years we have broken up. I will wait for the day we will meet again and you will be mine once again.

Im Jenny, saranghae <3

He fold the paper into a heart shape and put it under the picture frame.

“Now I will not be able to forget you, Jenny. I don’t want to.” He open the door wide and make sure he lock it so that Daesung or anyone in the house will not be able to go in.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“One more pancakes left and still my stomach is asking for more food.” Jenny ate the last piece of pancakes and drink her milk finished.

“You won’t be able to finish your work if your stomach is hungry. Eat this and drink this. I sincerely bought this for you.” Seunghyun walk to Jenny who is rubbing her stomach and stop at the sight of him.

“Seunghyun-sshi, it’s okay. I’m full.” Jenny said.

“I heard everything you said there, Jenny agashi.” He hand out the plastic of chicken sandwich and avocado juice.

“You always give me food. I feel bad.” She accepted the food and bowed at him.

“Don’t be. Treat this as a treat from me. I wanted to treat you to lunch but you rejected because you have pancakes. But now, you’re still hungry. Eat that. I will be doing my work.” He smiled and walk off.

“Seunghyun-sshi is really nice to me. I have to control my temper and be nice to him too.” Jenny took a small bite of the delicious chicken mayonnaise sandwich and drank her favorite juice, Avocado juice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Jiyong lay down at the big comfortable sofa and try to close his eyes for a while. It has been a long time since he got to lie down the home sofa. He close his eyes and memories played in his mind.

 “Ya Yura, don’t you dare ask me for more money anymore. I don’t have any money!” His father shouted when Jiyong is twenty years old and while the twins are still fifteen years old.

“Yeobo, don’t you work? But you didn’t even give me money to buy food for the kids. You don’t even buy any more groceries. Still you’re working overtime. What is this, yeobo?” Mrs. Yura sobbed while trying to confess everything to her husband.

“You’re too much.” Mr. Kwon slapped his wife face but Jiyong blocked her and got slap instead.

“Appa, you are the one who’s too much. You’ve been hurting us for the past two years. You didn’t even give us money to spent things on. When omma went to work, things got worse and you don’t even bothered to buy things for this household. And now, you’re blaming everything on omma? Are you a man?” Jiyong boldly shouted at his father.

“Then YOU..” He pointed at Jiyong. “Go to work and feed this people food. From now on, I will not be your father or your husband. I’ll divorce you, Kim Yura.” Mr. Kwon said and slammed the main door.

“Omma, are you okay?” The twin went and picked their mum up. Jiyong tried to calm his mum down, “Omma, it’s better if that old man want to divorce you. you still have me and the twins. I’ll try hard to work for you guys. Omma, please don’t cry anymore.” Jiyong wiped his mum tears and tightly embraced her in his arms.

Jiyong woke up from the nightmare and realized that his whole face is soaked with tears and sweat. He tried to breathe in normally and wipe his own tears. He remember another incident that happen once.

Jiyong-oppa, what’s wrong with you? you look so glum since just now.” Jenny asked while tilting her head to see whether her two years older boyfriend is okay.

“Jenny-uh, my dad wants to divorce with my mum and if that happens, we will be left with no more money.” A tear drop from his eyes.

Jenny wiped his tears for him and cupped his face. “I’m always here for you, oppa. I can always help you.” She smiled.

Jiyong take his hand and looked at her with serious and weak glare.

“Im Jenny, you sacrificed enough for me. Don’t ask your parents money anymore. I don’t want to burden you anymore.” Jenny let go of her hand and look away from him.

“Don’t you dare say that anymore, oppa. You’re my boyfriend and we are a couple. We should always help each other, right?” Jenny looked at him back with teary eyes.

“Sorry, Jenny. But I really don’t want you to take any more money out from your parents. Your parents will hate me.” Jiyong put her head on his shoulder.

“Oppa, don’t hesitate when you need more help, oppa.” Jenny said weakly.

“Sorry, Jenny-uh. I’m a useless boyfriend.” He sighed.

 He breathes in again. The memories seems really real in front of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`