03.

Songless, Loveless

Chapter 3

 If time healed itself,

Why did history repeat itself?

|~×~|•|~×~|

 

Two months ahead and I find myself in a deja vu moment. The same rainy setting, walking the exact same path. Even...the same attire.

Only difference, the mood was fairly saddening. Every where my eyes seemed to glance, I witnessed the clear misery in every pupil. Every mouth sagging into a frown. Seeing their sorrow felt as if I was looking back at myself. Because despite, gender differences, and height differences, there was a hole we all shared. The one where our hearts should have been, but wasn't.I will never know where their sorrow was born, but the birth of mine will always be stitched in my memory.

To be quite honest I was starting to hate walking near these mirroring people. Every step I took, every face that I thoughtlesssly took glance upon, reminded me of villian that took my heart.

Death.

Death, oh Death how I curse you.

But I decided to deal with these emotions another time. As of now, my main focus was to get out of this pouring rain and back to my piano back home. A nice song clearly needed to be played to ease this stress.So I turned around and walked back the same way I had come. On the way home, I stumbled upon something that sparked my memory.

My eyes stretched wide from who I was seeing, looking around about with a tiny smile.

"Yixing?" The name thoughtlessly left my mouth, and to be honest I was quite surprised that I had remembered this boy's name. He looked around from the sounds of his name, confused at who was calling him.

"Yixing!" I uncontrollably called out, again surprising myself. I was clearly not in control of my body here. Why was I...wait...My legs. Why am I walking towards him? I should be going home, not towards this person!

Yixing noticed me walking towards him, and smiled, showing the sweetest little dimple in his cheek. As I grew closer, I finally stopped in front of him, pitied by his image. He was a lot thinner than the last I saw him at the alley, and he still wore those same work clothing. But in this case, his clothes were practically draping off him. He had nothing over his head in the rain, and he was hugging a small unicorn looking stuffed animal.

Seeing the stuffed animal made me question just how sane this man was. It showed a completely different image than the heartbroken one I creeped on months ago. But what got me the most, was that smile that never left his face.

"Hi there...do I know you?" He asked while tilting his head.

I shook my head, "No I just-"

Okay How do I tell someone I know them becaused I creeped?

"I just-"

"Oh wait! I've seen you..." He exclaimed, his smile growing wider.

"You have?"

"Yeah, I bumped into you two months ago, in the alley?" Yixing was getting slightly enthusiastic. I nodded in approval, getting a slight giggle from him. "I always told Bao that I would apologize to whoever the man was that I bumped into but now that you found me, I-"

He's so gentle.

"Oh there's no need to apologize," I assured him. One thing sparked my curiosity though.

Bao. Who was he, and why did he have Yixing out in the pouring rain.

"So are you waiting for Bao to pick you up, or something?"

Yixing's shoulders jerked as he broke into a humble laughter. I wondered what was funny?

"No, no. This is Bao," He happily stated while looking down at the the stuffed Unicorn in his arms.

Yep. He was clearly insane, in a pure kind of way however. I took a glance at Bao, and noticed a button was missing from its corduroy shirt. His eyes were little black pearls, and despite his god happy owner, his eyes seemed to look pained.

When i looked back up at Yixing, he was slightly frowning.

"You probaly think i'm crazy,"

"A little bit yes, but I won't judge."

Yixing nodded but smiled again.

"I understand, well it was nice seeing you again."

"As so to you, but. "

No. No. Where is my control?

"But if there's no where for you to go, you can come with me,"

Damnit Yi Fan...

Yixing's face nearly split from his widened smile with a spark of joy thay could be clearly seen in his eyes.

"I promise I won't be a burden," Yixing bowed. I nodded.

"Its alot better than being in the rain, now follow me."

He hugged his uni- I mean Bao tightly and kissed his horn before following close behind me. The crowd of people was inhumanely large, which made me slightly worry that I would loose Yixing. Not that he couldn't easily spot me. I was a tall black pole walking through these midst of people. I can't go missed.

But just in case, i stretched my hand behind me and took hold of Yixing's arm, bringing him close. I felt him tense a bit, so I turned to see if he was okay. His face was flustered, and staring at me wide eyed.

"I just wanted to make sure you were behind me,"

 

"Oh...ye-yes sir." He stuttered.

I nodded, and lead the way to home.