01.

Songless, Loveless

 

S o n g l e s s,

L o v e l e s s.

It never rained this relaxing before in China. Most the times it would be light drizzling, that barely made any form of noise when hitting against the ground. Today, tonight rather, was significantly different. The rain seemed like a song to me. With every droplet dancing around my feet, making song as they fell from the darkend clouds. As the droplets fell in rhyme to the formed puddles in the ground, there was nothing more relaxing, and harminous than to be in the middle of this rainy band.

 

I walked about, shamelessly, in the grey noon, with no place in particular to go. My days have been dull, as I find my self with not even a pinch of inspiration to feed my writing. It was a deadly sickness called a "Writers Block, starving my brain of its ideas. I never believed in this phony sickness, but when everything I tried to write became dead, I finally embraced it. Its a terrible feeling, even worse when the desire to scratch on paper becomes to much to bear.

 

But thats why I was here.

 

Walking in the rain, to find what defined my life so well.

 

I walked with my head low and my hands tucked snuggly into my deep black trench coat, trying my best to avoid any contact. My mind was already adjusted to the melodious rain song, I didnt need any distractions taking me away from it.

 

However though, as I came upon a deserted alley, cries, and a boisterous yelling was able to bring me back to reality. It was also then I noticed the grey sky was now black, with the moon showing almost to no form of moon light. I chuckled at myself for letting time escape my hands so freely and decided to turn and go back home.

 

Then those cries slipped into my ears again. They were soft, innocent like cries.

 

Then behind those cries, that intimidating voice.

 

I looked back over my shoulder, debating whether or not to follow this cry. If i had a heart, the cries would have bothered me. I had found what I stepped into the rain for, with fresh ideas in a basket to go home with. Not to mention, I had no time to drag myself into any one else buisness. What use would I be?

 

I sighed, and turned back around to walk away.

 

Then a certain string of crying words conquered me, and halted my steps.

 

"Please.  ....i have no where else to go...."

 

Those words.... triggered a dainty memory, that I couldn't allow myself to leave alone. It brought back feelings that had defeated me long ago, but immediately I brushed them away.

 

I refuse to be taken over....

 

I found myself walking towards the voice, soon reaching the corner of an alley. The crying had eased into pleads now, which would have troubled my heart if I had one. I peeked around the corner to see a young man on the ground, on his knees. In the dark, his hair looked a deep red as it clung to his face in strings. And as if to hide the misery in his face, his hair hid a great deal of his profile. In the midst of it, however, his lips were trembling, and noticable tears were streaming down his delicate face. Mud splattered all over what seemed to be his work clothing, but whoever loomed over him didn't seem to care for his battered image as he was still dry and safe inside a door from the rain.

 

"You can't do this to me!! You promised my grandparents you would keep me!"

 

I suddenly felt like a creep listening in on this, but I was unable to pull away. And as I watched my eyes never left that boy.

 

"Yixing,"

 

Yixing, the name fit I guess.

 

"- I know what I did-"

 

"Then why am I here?! I should be working!!"

 

"But I did not promise your grandparents it would be okay to steal from me. I let it pass before out of pity, but now the company is on the line. I can't allow it."

 

The boy, I mean Yixing, broke into harder sobs, hiding his mouth with his muddied hand.

 

"I'm sorry, but you have to go."  With that the door slammed, leaving the sobbing Yixing in the dark alley. He sat there for awhile, his harsh sniffling echoing in the alley. I thought about walking away, but before I could I was taken aback by his sudden emitting presence. He had bumped me lightly, but took no manner to turn back and apologize. In fact I seemed almost like a ghost to him, not even noticing my presence. Instead he kept his small bruised hand over his dirtied mouth and wandered hopelessly into the night with his tears blending into the rain.

|~×~|•|~×~|

 

 

Annyong~

Well here's the first chapter

I hope you like,

This idea is actually SO much better in my head.

Will Update when I can (:

~Bang.