Chapter 6: morning

Housemate

It is right at 6 o’clock in the morning when you finished taking shower and get ready to go to school. You checked yourself in the mirror hundred times to make sure that everything looks perfect since you've promised to go to school with SeungHyun.

Once you think that you look ‘perfect’ enough, you took your school bag and  went out of your room to meet SeungHyun find JaeJoong...

He stood right in front of your room with his hand folded, his eyes are glaring at you. You gulped and closed the door slowly. But JaeJoong quickly use his hand to stop you from closing the door.

“Do you really think that you can get away with it??” He said while giving you his trademark smirk.

“W-Well sorry, it’s your fault as well for purposely locking me out.” You said, still trying your best to close the door.

“My fault??” His eyes grew bigger and he uses more strength to open the door."Give me my $150 back!" You know that you can beat his strength, so you quickly bent down and go through below his arm and the door then run as fast as you can towards the door. JaeJoong quickly turns around and chase after you.


While you are struggling to unlock the door, SeungHyun just opened his door. SeungHyun is surprised to see a girl that he doesn’t want to see the most.

“Oppa. Explain to me. What do you mean yesterday?” She asked, folding her arms and glaring at him, standing with a y attitude.

“Tiffany, not now.” SeungHyun sighed and tries to look away from her.

“What do you mean by ‘not now’? Did you sleep with another girl yesterday? Is that why you said that to me! You bad-“ SeungHyun punched the side wall with his fists. That is enough to make shut. He then glared at her.

“Who are you to me?” He said. “Who do you think you are? You are just another one of those girls who only want to sleep with me and that’s all. What have I done to your kinds? Yes, I slept with you and all, but that doesn’t mean that we have any kind of relationship.”

“Oppa, how can you say that! I-“ The noise of the door unlocked can be heard from your door. SeungHyun who noticed that you might be out anytime soon, grabbed Tiffany and pushed her into his house then he closed the door.


“A-At last!!” You said after struggling to go out. You quickly closed the door and lean behind it.

“W-Where’s SeungHyun oppa? Why isn’t he out yet?” You mumbled while looking at his door.

 

“You better stay quiet.” SeungHyun said to Tiffany. Tiffany can’t help but to listen to him. She stayed behind SeungHyun.

 

“~~~~~~!!!” JaeJoong shouted your name from inside the house. He grabbed the door knob and opened the door. Knowing that, you rushed to the elevator and went down to the ground floor. You tried to find your phone and call SeungHyun.

“Oppa, where are you?” You asked.

“Hyosun, sorry I just wake up. Maybe we can go next time. You gotta go alone today. I’m sorry..” SeungHyun said, trying to make his voice sounds like someone who just got up.

“Ooh.. It’s okay.” You say and then end the call. You look at outside to find rain is pouring down really hard. You checked your bag but you don’t have any umbrella. So you have no choice but to go to school and cover yourself from the rain with your bag.


In the middle of your way towards your school, near the traffic light, behind you there’s some cars stopping. (obviously)

One of the car is JaeJoong’s. YeonHee is in the car with him, he drove her to her school like usual. YeonHee eyes then catches you.

“Oh, isn’t that Hyosun?” YeonHee pointed out.

“Huh?” JaeJoong rolled his eyes to where YeonHee is pointing at. He saw you walking relaxingly near the road, the back of your clothes is wet.

“There must be something wrong with your eyes. I can’t see Hyosun, not even anyone like her at all.” JaeJoong looked back to the front, denying what he just saw.

“Are you sure?? She’s right there! There!” YeonHee pointed out to you so many times. She even shook JaeJoong to make him see you, but JaeJoong kept on denying it. Curiosity grows on YeonHee.

“JaeJoong.. Did you treated her nicely at home…?” YeonHee said. JaeJoong startled upon hearing that.

"N-No.. of course no. Why would there be anything wrong? We are just like happy family, sister and brother! Hahahaha…”

“Then why are you stuttering?” YeonHee staresd at him. JaeJoong didn’t dare to look back at her. He keeps on setting his eyes straight. YeonHee sighed and lower the car’s window.

“Hyosun!!” She shouted. You turned around to where the voice came from and you see YeonHee and JaeJoong in a car.

“Quickly come inside the car!” YeonHee added. At first you give her a smile and shake your head to give her ‘no’ as the reply. But YeonHee insist you to come, so in the end you go inside the car.


During the journey, Yeonhee keeps on asking you question whether JaeJoong treating you nicely or not. In your mind, you wanted to tell every bad things that JaeJoong did to you, but remembering how much he likes to be with YeonHee, you tell her that he treated you very nicely. JaeJoong feels happy with your reply to YeonHee. Quietly, he appreciate it deeply inside his heart.

 

When you reach the class and greet your friends, an announcement has been made to the students. The principal asks the year 11 and 12 students to go into the ballroom. So You, TaeYeon, and your other 2 friends head towards the ballroom. When all the students take a seat, the principal steps up on the stage and tell the announcement.

“Students, this year - like usual -, the year 11 and year 12 students will have a joint camping. At the beginning of the semester, most of you had chosen the camping activity that you wanted to join, and we will stick to that. Remember that the camping will be in 3 days from now, and will take 3 days. So please prepare everything.”

As the principal steps down from the stage, the students give him an applause while whispering, discussing about the camp. You and TaeYeon are really excited with the camp.

 

During the lunch time, a lot of students gather near the entrance to see the board that listing the name of students that join the activity. You struggle to move to the front to see your group. As you scanning through the list, you found your name in the rafting activity.

 

  1. Lee EunJi
  2. Kim TaeYeon
  3. Han Hyosun
  4. Choi SeungHyun
  5. Kang DaeSung
  6. Jung YunHo
  7. Kim JunSu
  8. Kim JaeJoong
  9. Kwon JiYong
  10. Tiffany Hwang

 

“What the hell…” You muttered.

.

.

.

.