Chapter 2

Ghost’s Love

Chanyeol was lying on the couch lazily. He flipped through each channel to find something funny to watch. He felt the air turned cold drastically, he wasn’t surprised by it at all as he was used to it. It’s been almost two weeks. Baekhyun then took the empty seat which Chanyeol left for him.

 

Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun to let down his guard before using his thighs as pillow and laid his head comfortably on it. Instead of pushing him away, he started playing with his caramel brown hair.

 

“Not feeling cold?” He shook his head slightly not taking his eyes away from the television screen.

 

“I’m more afraid of the heat… rather than the cold… It’s better… this way.” Baekhyun didn’t continue talking because he could see the human boy’s eyelids getting heavy, almost falling asleep. The ghost continued his repetitive moment for a few more times, hoping that it will get the human to sleep. The ghost was rather used to carrying him back to bed as Chanyeol can fall asleep almost anywhere and he himself won’t realized he was falling asleep until the next day.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was grabbing himself a drink in the kitchen when Baekhyun checked for the ingredient for tonight’s dinner.

 

“The refrigerator is almost empty.” He complained as he looked through the refrigerator. Chanyeol took a quick glance.

 

“I can see that.” He then walked back to his room to work on a proposal he was writing. Baekhyun followed behind.

 

“Let’s go out and buy grocery.” The ghost suggested but earning a frown from the human boy.

 

“I’m working.” Chanyeol pouted and pointed to his screen. Baekhyun stood at the door and folded his arms.

 

“I would go out alone if I could but they can’t see me. I don’t want to go out and frighten them with floating grocery.” Baekhyun was right. Not all people believe there were such things as ghost.

 

“You are right. Just give me a minute. You get the grocery list, alright?” Chanyeol typed last few sentence to his report before grabbing his coat and wore it around his body. He picked up his wallet.

 

“Before you go out, wear this.” Baekhyun passed Chanyeol a set of earpiece. Chanyeol shot the ghost with a weird look.

 

“Why?” Seeing how Chanyeol was reluctant to wear, Baekhyun helped him to put on one side of the earpiece.

 

“You won’t want others to think you are crazy by talking to air right?” Baekhyun gave a satisfied smile after clipping the mike on the collar of his shirt.

 

“I don’t mind,” Chanyeol pulled down the earpiece from his ear. He doesn’t care about how others look at him as they can judge him all they want. The most important thing was that Baekhyun is by his side, nothing other than this matter.

 

“Come on, be a good boy and wear it or I won’t cook anymore.” The older male pouted and helped him wear on the earpiece in one side of his ears once again. Chanyeol stopped his action by grabbing his wrist.

 

“Do you think I want you to stay because I want you to cook for me?” Both of them know clearly the reason in their own hearts but it’s left unspoken.

 

“Yeol.” Baekhyun didn’t know what to answer. He’s no longer human. He has no rights to keep Chanyeol all by himself. Chanyeol broke out a laugh.

 

“You still need to clean the house and wash my clothes.” He patted twice on the ghost’s shoulder before walking out of the door. The moment his back was facing Baekhyun, his expression was re-written with pain.

 

 

 

“Put it lower, I’m not that tall.” Chanyeol was playing around with Baekhyun by holding the item in his hand way too high for him to see. It was obvious to Baekhyun he was teasing his height.

 

“YAH! Chanyeol!” He elbowed Chanyeol at his chest making him whined a little at the pain.

 

“Alright.” He then held the item low enough for Baekhyun to see the ingredient used in the product.

 

“Put it back, this may cause allergic reaction.” Chanyeol then placed back the product on the shelf and followed Baekhyun’s footsteps.

 

“Chanyeol?” Chanyeol immediately turned around and saw Kris standing there with a shopping basket in his hands. Kris wasn’t in his usual suit, it was just t-shirt and jeans which almost made Chanyeol unable to recognize him.

 

“Kr-Kris hyung?” Kris grinned slightly and walked towards the younger male.

 

“Didn’t expect to see you around.” He stretched his hand out to ruffle his hair and Chanyeol stood still and accepted it.  Baekhyun was standing aside looking at them. With just this action, Baekhyun can infer that they must be quite close as Chanyeol never liked people touching him unless he knows and trust that person.

 

“I live around here.” Chanyeol explained. Baekhyun stood beside Chanyeol quietly staring at them. Somehow he felt that they look good standing together. Perhaps Kris will be able to take over his place as a lover.

 

“Really? I just moved to this neighborhood recently. Well, next time let me give you a free ride home or to work.”

 

“Thank you, hyung.”

 

“I’m going home, see you tomorrow at work.” Kris patted on his head for the last time before walking off towards the cashier.

 

“He seems like a good guy.” Baekhyun hinted.

 

“We are just friends and nothing more. Don’t think too much.” He pushed the trolley in an opposite direction from Kris.

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the extra plate of Kimchi Spaghetti. The first person that came into his mind is Kyungsoo. Since it was Kyungsoo who taught Baekhyun to cook, maybe Baekhyun wanted to repay Kyungsoo in a way by cooking what he taught him for him to eat.

 

“Is Kyungsoo coming over?” Chanyeol then sat down on one of the chair.

 

“No.” As far as he remembered, Baekhyun couldn’t really digest human food in his ghost form.

 

“Are you eating with me?” He asked hopefully.

 

“No.” It wasn’t for Kyungsoo or for himself. He started to think that maybe he made an extra portion of food for him just in case he’s hungry.

 

Baekhyun is always thoughtful.

 

“You know I’m no longer that hungry. I recovered back to my usual appetite.”

 

“It is for Kris hyung. I invited Kris over with your name.” His voice got softer and softer as he gets nearer to his last word. He knows he was wrong to personate as Chanyeol and invite Kris over for dinner so he was prepared to be scolded by him.

 

“You what?!” Chanyeol immediately stood up from the chair. He can’t believe Baekhyun used his name to invite someone over. Moreover it is his boss at work and his neighbor at home. He quickly grabbed his phone and checked those messages Baekhyun sent to Kris.

 

“Come on, I can see he’s interested in you. Give him a chance.” He knows that Kris was a little interested in him that gives him more reason to avoid him. He sighed as he read the message Baekhyun sent.

 

“How did you hack into my phone?” He asked calmly not wanting to quarrel with Baekhyun.

 

“You didn’t change your password.” He said it innocently.

 

“Should have changed it.” He grumbled a little as he locked his phone once again.

 

“If you would, you would have changed it long ago.” Both of them fell into silence once again. Baekhyun remembered a year ago when Chanyeol got his new handphone, Baekhyun set his password for him and the password was his birthday.

 

 

Baekhyun playfully snatched the phone from his hands and started pressing against the screen. After a while, Baekhyun then returned his phone.

 

“I set my birthday as your password so you won’t forget about my birthday again.” Chanyeol laughed after hearing Baekhyun’s reason. He never forgets his birthday. He only pretends to just to see his cute angry face when he blames him not remembering what date it is today.

 

Baekhyun was too dense to realize that Chanyeol had prepared everything beforehand rather than it was last minute.

 

 

The sound of the doorbell broke the pregnant silence. Chanyeol took a quick glance at the clock, it was a quarter past six.

 

“It must be Kris. I’ll go get it.” Chanyeol opened the door to see Kris standing outside with a jug of fresh juice.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol.”

 

“Come on in, hyung.”

 

“This is for you. I just made it myself. Since you invited me over for dinner, this is my little appreciation gift.” He took from him with both hands and thanked him politely. Watching them having their little conversation, he decided to give them a little privacy.

 

“I shall not disturb your dinner. Enjoy.” Baekhyun then retreated back into the room, leaving him alone with Kris.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were having lunch together on a normal weekday at work. Kyungsoo packed extra set of lunch for Chanyeol.

 

“How are the both of you doing recently?” It has been a while since Kyungsoo went to their house for a visit, he a little worried for them.

 

“Good but he looked kind of worn out recently.” The eyes bags that accumulated under his eyes were becoming more and more obvious which made Baekhyun look worn out and tired.

 

“Really? Either he is too addicted to online games or he didn’t get enough sleep.” Kyungsoo made a few guesses.   

 

“He can sleep?” Chanyeol was surprised at the answer he got from him. Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Why not? He was a human before being a ghost.” He took another spoonful of his rice.

 

“I’ll try to get him some sleep then.”

 

 

 

The moment Chanyeol got home, he break the news to Baekhyun that he can actually sleep like normal human being.

 

“He said that I can sleep?” Chanyeol nodded as he pulled of the tie that was on his neck.

 

“He did.” He then sat down beside Baekhyun on the couch.

 

“But I really can’t sleep. It always feels like I’m having insomnia.” He sighed.

 

“Perhaps it’s because you are insecure.” Baekhyun met a car accident and died. Maybe being a ghost made him felt insecure, worried that he might wake up in the middle of nowhere because of his soul floating around on earth while he’s asleep.

 

“Maybe…”

 

“How about we sleep together tonight? Let me keep you accompany.” He then wrapped his arms around his shoulder.

 

“Sound good.”

 

 

 

The human boy hugged the ghost boy in his arms, ignoring the physical cold he was feeling while hugging him. Baekhyun didn’t struggle away from him instead he rested his head lightly on his strong arms.

 

“Are you sure you won’t get a cold from this?” Baekhyun’s tired eyes were looking into Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure, I the heater so you don’t have to worry.” He caressed his hair with his free hand and gave an assuring smile. His hand then interlocked with his smaller hand.

 

“Try to get a few hours of sleep, rather than playing the online game Jonghyun hyung introduced you for the whole night.” Baekhyun nodded and snuggled closer to Chanyeol’s chest and listen to his soothing heartbeats. Chanyeol planted a kiss on his forehead. Soon after, he fell asleep in his warm arms.

 

Chanyeol remembered that couples who sleep with their hands interlock together means that their love is very blissful.

 

 

 

Baekhyun managed to intercept a message from Kris to Chanyeol. Kris was asking Chanyeol to go out with him as lovers and not friends. He then started to persuade Chanyeol to accept him by going on that date Kris set in the message.

 

“What kind of boyfriend would want his lover to find one more boyfriend and betray their relationship?” Chanyeol tried to reason out with Baekhyun so that he would drop off the idea of allowing him to have another boyfriend other than him.

 

“A ghost boyfriend.” He replied cheekily as he pushed Chanyeol into the bedroom to change. Chanyeol threw the set of clothes Baekhyun picked on the bed and stood still with his arm crossed.

 

“I won’t change even if you lock me inside.” The ghost had no choice but to pass through the wall and come face to face with his boyfriend.

 

“What do you want me to do so you will change?”Baekhyun picked up the clothes that was on the bed and gave up on using this method to force Chanyeol wear it. Chanyeol thought for a moment, thinking of a way that will make Baekhyun say no.

 

“Change for me. If you change for me, I’ll go.” Chanyeol grinned evilly. While Baekhyun was still alive, he never has once undress Chanyeol as most of time it has been Chanyeol who undress him. Chanyeol know that Baekhyun gets embarrassed easily so it would be hard for him.

 

“Challenge accepted!” It was a reply that Chanyeol didn’t expected. He then stood there waiting for Baekhyun to undress him. Baekhyun stood in front of him and let out a sigh before he let his cold hands touched the hem of his shirt. He pulled the t-shirt off Chanyeol and their eyes met.

 

Baekhyun quickly looked back down avoiding Chanyeol’s stares but realize his view was on Chanyeol’s firm abdomen.  He shifted his view once again away from Chanyeol to the bed beside them. It wasn’t a usual sight to see Chanyeol half- standing in front of him.

 

“I thought you said you will change for me?” Chanyeol teased knowing that Baekhyun was feeling embarrassed. Baekhyun shifted his sight back to Chanyeol’s pants. His fingers rested on the band of his pants. He felt his lips went dry. He hesitated for a moment before pulling it down slightly revealing his boxer. Chanyeol then grabbed both of his hands as he didn’t want this awkwardness to continue.

 

“You can stop here now. I will go. You don’t have to change for me.” Baekhyun then let go of Chanyeol’s clothing and left the room. Seeing how determined Baekhyun was, maybe he should go along with Baekhyun and go out with Kris to make Baekhyun happy.

 

 

Both of them walked hand in hand towards the front door of Chanyeol’s apartment.

 

“Goodnight.” Kris shifted his fringe before kissing his forehead gently and lovingly. Chanyeol just looked down on the floor embarrassed.

 

“Goodnight.” He muttered softly. Kris then let go of his hands and left.  Chanyeol walked into the house and Baekhyun welcome him home.

 

“Baek, I finally made your wish come true.” Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol.

 

“My wish?” The only wish he has now was to make Chanyeol happy.

 

“Yeah, about having another boyfriend other than you.” Baekhyun face fell for a short moment but soon regained back his smile.

 

“That’s good.” He lied. It wasn’t good at all to him.

 

“By the way… When will you be leaving?” Baekhyun kept in silence as he remembered Kyungsoo’s words. He can only leave if let off the burden in his heart.

 

When he can do that, he’s not sure.

 

“I don’t know.” He paused for a moment. “Why did you ask?” A part of him was afraid that Chanyeol doesn’t need him anymore but another part of him wished he didn’t need him so it will be easier for him to let go.

 

“I just want to prepare myself before you leave.” Chanyeol grinned slightly, pretending that it won’t hurt him even if he leaves. Rather than facing having him telling him not to go, this was far more painful. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol wasn’t in his usual t-shirt and shorts. He wore a black colored hoodie jacket over his dark blue wife-beater, for the bottom was a black skinny jean.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going out with Kris hyung, you don’t have to cook for me tonight.”

 

Isn’t this what I wanted?

Why am I feeling like this?

 

“When will you be home?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m going to the pub with him. If you are bored, you can go over to Kyungsoo’s house. He said he will be at home the whole day or play Diablo 3 with Jonghyun hyung.” He stood up and ruffled the older boy’s hair.

 

“Bye.”

 

 

The only thing he remembered was the dimly lit place with different color lights dancing to the music. The distance between him and Kris seem to decrease in size as time goes by. He didn’t remember who initiated the kiss first but he knows that he enjoyed getting lost in it.

 

He massaged his forehead slightly, trying to arrange his thoughts and feelings. Did he really fell in love with Kris or was it just a moment of lust? He looked over to Kris who was fast asleep on the bed. He picked up his clothes that were scattered over the floor. Kris grabbed his wrist gently and pulled him back to bed on top of him. His strong arms wrapped around his waist, locking him in his embrace.

 

“Stay over tonight, don’t go back.” He whispered in his ears. Chanyeol pushed him away slightly. His mind was in a mess, the only thing he wants right now is to be alone.

 

“I can’t, I just remembered I forget to send an email to someone.” He lied straight into Kris’s face with him knowing that he’s lying. Chanyeol was never good at lying. His eyes blinked numerous of times as he said his lie. Kris let go of his grip.

 

“Be careful when you go home.” Although he didn’t know why Chanyeol wants to leave, he believed that he has his reason and decided to let him go.

 

“I will.” He ignored the pain from his lower back and wore back his clothes. He walked back to his own apartment and went in to his silent apartment. He wasn’t welcome by a usual warm voice. It was half past five in the morning. He thought Baekhyun would be sleeping in their shared room but to his surprised he was fast asleep on the couch.

 

He kept his hands to himself, not wanting to wake him up. He decided to take a bath before sleeping. He submerged his whole body and half of his face in the warm water. Those touches and soft kisses felt different from Baekhyun’s. Perhaps it was because he’s the one being the bottom now that’s why it felt different. He never expected to have with Kris, it was never part of his plan. He only wanted to get boyfriend like what Baekhyun wanted him to do but somehow everything was messed up just one night.

 

I shouldn’t have drank.

I shouldn’t have gone over to his house.

 

He shut his eyes and sank his whole body in the water. He felt calm down immediately, his heart wasn’t that messed up like just now. The next thing he knew was a pair of hands dragging him out the water.

 

“Chanyeol! Are you okay?” Chanyeol opened his eyes immediately and looked at Baekhyun.

 

“I’m okay, I was just thinking about some things.” He assured Baekhyun.

 

“I thought you were-”

 

“No, I wasn’t trying to drown myself.” Chanyeol cut him off and sat down in the tub again.

 

“Sorry.” Baekhyun scratched his head awkwardly. It was only then he realized the bite marks all over his chest. Coming back home at such a late time with bite marks all over, he doesn’t need someone to tell him what happened when Chanyeol was over at Kris’s apartment.

 

He should be happy for Chanyeol that he finally allowed someone else in his heart to take over his place but he realized he couldn’t smile. He felt betrayed even though it was what he wanted Chanyeol to do.

 

Chanyeol could read Baekhyun’s mind.

 

“I finally understand how painful it is for you.” Chanyeol joked, hoping that it will wash away those other thoughts. Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Then be gentle next...” He started to realize what he was saying. Will there be even a next time? He is a ghost and he is a human how can they possibly have ? Even though they could touch but it feels wrong. Moreover Kris was slowly replacing him in his heart. That mean he would be slowly forgotten and someday he will be wiped out from his memories. He found himself unable to smile, even doing a forceful smile. He turned his back to Chanyeol to hide his expression.

 

“I mean when Kris hyung decided to let you top for once.” Baekhyun quickly explained not dragging himself into the future picture. Chanyeol could see Baekhyun’s expression with the help of the mirror. He really wished he could hug him tightly but he held back his urges to hold him in his arms.

 

“Don’t stay too long in the water.” Baekhyun reminded him for the last time before leaving the bathroom. Chanyeol got out a few mintues later to dry himself. He then walked in to their shared bedroom. Baekhyun was already in bed. Chanyeol lay down beside him before hugging the shorter male from behind. He leaned his head gently against his back.

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes, actually he wasn’t asleep. He couldn’t sleep at all. A lot of thoughts filled his mind, he couldn’t stop thinking. He tried to convince himself that it’s the best solution but he can’t help to feel the throbbing pain in his heart. How much longer does he need to suffer before he can fly up to heaven and forget about everything on earth?

 

Because right now, he wished he can forget about everything on earth.

 

 

 

Chanyeol stretched his arms and legs a little. He felt around the bed to realize he was all alone in the bed.

 

Maybe he is cooking

 

He then got off the bed to find Baekhyun. He went to look for him in the kitchen but he wasn’t there. He then started searching around the room in the apartment, not even a single soul. He started to get worried. Baekhyun never left the house after his death, even if he did he will always be there with him.

 

He saw the ring on the table, Baekhyun took it off after he realized he could touch things. The temperature of the ring was icy cold.

 

Maybe he went out.

 

Chanyeol quickly grabbed his coat and wore his shoe before running out to find Baekhyun. He went to various places to find him, the park that was around their neighborhood, the comic shop where Baekhyun always go those places where Baekhyun went to frequently when he was alive but to no avail.

 

Where did he go?

Did he go up to heaven?

 

His whole body froze. Heaven… It was the last place that Chanyeol hoped he would go.  Even if he go, why didn’t he bid goodbye? Was it that hard to even leave a message to him telling him that he left? He dragged his body back his house hopping that he would be there. The moment he opened the door, he saw the usual cheerful figure standing there.

 

“Welcom-” Before he can even finish his sentence, Chanyeol ran towards him and locked him in his arms. His body was trembling in fear, the fear of losing him.

 

“Where did you go?” He tightened his grip around the ghost. He was afraid he might disappear again if he let go.

 

“I went out for a walk.” Baekhyun didn’t know how to face Chanyeol and it was a weekend which means he need to face Chanyeol the whole day. He couldn’t get him emotions right so he decided to go for a walk at the beach to refresh his mind a little.

 

Yeol?” He never expected Chanyeol to react like this when he went missing. It never went through his mind that he still that important to Chanyeol.

 

“Don’t go… Don’t leave me.”

 

 

 

After that very incident, Chanyeol didn’t want to lie to himself and Kris anymore. He didn’t want to hurt anyone with his lie and facade. In this life, other than Baekhyun he can’t love anyone else. He decided to meet Kris at a café to tell him the truth.

 

“Kris hyung. I’m sorry… I still can’t get over him.” He finally said it. He finally said what his heart wanted to say. Kris reaction was calm as if he had guessed it long ago which he did.

 

“Should have guessed when I saw the ring on your finger.” Chanyeol didn’t notice he was wearing the ring the entire time.

 

 “I’m sorry, hyung.” He felt guilty for not being able to repay his heart with his own.

 

“He must be a really wonderful person.” Kris then looked at Chanyeol. A small blissful expression written on his face.

 

“He is. He really is.” His lips curled a little when he remembered Baekhyun’s warm laughter.

 

 

 

“I broke up with Kris hyung.” His deep voice travelled into his ears. Baekhyun had his back faced to Chanyeol. He didn’t turn around to look at him as he didn’t want to be affected by his expression.  He continued folding the stack of clothes in front of him.

 

“Oh, I see.” He didn’t know what reaction he should give which will be the best for them. Perhaps a word of console as a friend would be good enough.

 

“You’ll find a better man or women next time.” He could feel Chanyeol moving closer and closer to him but he chose to ignore, thinking that he might need something from the bedside. The taller male hugged the ghost from behind. He leaned his forehead gently on his shoulder. Baekhyun didn’t try to struggle free from his embrace.

 

“I only need you, I don’t need anyone else.” Baekhyun froze on the spot.

 

“So please, don’t push me away to someone else.” Chanyeol whispered desperately. Baekhyun couldn’t see Chanyeol’s expression; he could only feel his tears dripping through his bodiless soul.

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

“Can you stay by my side?” He begged.

 

I only need you

You are the only one I love in this lifetime

 


THANK YOU to my 12 subber~ XDD

Well hope you enjoyed the somehow happy ending.

I'm currently working on the next fic which will most likely be supernatural or detective.