End

I Want To Protect You

It’s been 2 months since your last meeting with Kris. EXO-M came to Korea to do some schedules with EXO-K, and you know that it has reached the last schedule, Kris told you. He called you last night.

Phone conversation

“Rachel, I missed you!”

“Me too, gege! How’s the schedule? It goes well?”

“Sure. And we have just finished the last schedule. How about meeting tomorrow? Before I’m back to China…”

“Ah, sure! When?”

“Hmm, I’ll pick you up on 12pm, okay?”

“Okay! See you tomorrow, gege!”

Phone conversation ended


You heard someone knocking the door when you were watching TV, waiting for Kris. And you thought that it’s Kris so you immediately opened the door.

And yes, it was Kris.

“Hello! Ready?”

You nodded in cheer. “Mom, I’m leaving!”

“Okay! Eh, wait… Rachel!”

“Yes, mom?”

Your mom left the kitchen and headed to you and Kris.

“I will leave the house too; I’ll go to Incheon today, to your grandma’s house. Be careful at home. Lock the door if you’re going to sleep, okay?”

“Ah, okay. Send my greetings to grandma, mom. Bye!”

“Bye!”

“Bye, Mrs. Jung.” Kris smiled to your mom, and left the house.

 

“So where are we going?” You asked Kris.

“Hmm, somewhere beautiful. I really want to see something beautiful today with you.”

You giggled, “I can’t wait.”

You talked with him all along the road, but you caught something strange from him. He seem so different, he really talked a lot. You know that Kris is not that type of talkative guys. But you just get it as his expression of happy feeling.

 

Kris took you to a beautiful place. Autumn is almost ended and the place you’re going is really beautiful when autumn is reaching the end.

“Beautiful, huh? You look dazzled.” Kris smiled to you and looked around, enjoying the beautiful scenery.

“Yes. So beautiful. We should take many pictures here!”

“Pictures? Ah, I didn’t bring camera.”

“Don’t worry. I bring it.” You took your camera and winked; Kris smiled and held your hand.

 

You walked together hand in hand, enjoying the scenery, taking photos; you really had pleasure and precious time. It makes you happy but also worry.

“Gege, are you sure it is okay? People have been looking at us. You okay with this?”

“I’m okay, I really don’t care. Because I don’t know when I could hold your hand like this again. When I could do things like this again.”

You gulped. You caught something strange again in his words.

“Why? We can meet again, right?”

“I don’t know…”

“Don’t say that you’re gonna leave me at all.”

“No, I won’t say that.” Kris smiled to you, but that smile made you feel uneasy.

You don’t want to lose him again. It’s enough that you have lost him for 4 years. You don’t want it happens again.

“Do you want to go home?” Kris asked.

“Now?” You furrowed your eyebrows, why so short?

“I want to have the rest of this day with you at your home. Make me some spaghetti like you did in Canada, please?” Kris begged with puppy eyes, you almost cried in happiness. You really never saw Kris begging like this.

---

“Spaghetti is ready!” You shouted while garnishing the plate. You made simple spaghetti bolognaise, Kris really likes your spaghetti even it’s just simple spaghetti.

“Yeay!” Kris got up from the sofa and walked to the dining room. “Hmm, smells delicious!”

“You should eat it to know whether it’s delicious or not.” You smiled.

“Of course!” Kris immediately sat on the chair and ate the spaghetti.

You’re so happy to see a happy Kris. You’ll do anything to make him happy, and you have been doing it since 6 years ago. Even sacrificing your feelings to let him leave you for a very long time, to let him reach his dream.

 

You sat on the sofa together with Kris, watching the TV. But then you’re not actually watching the TV because the show was boring, even Kris was already slept there. You decided to turn your laptop on and read some fan fiction. You chose a fan fiction about Kris because the summary was interesting for you.

But after 10 minute reading the fan fiction, you cried. Kris died in the story.

Your cry made Kris awake; he opened his eyes widely when he got you crying.

“Why do you cry, Rachel?” He immediately hugged you.

You sobbed in his hug, “I… I’ve just read a f-fan fic-tion. Y-you… you d-died there…”

Kris sighed, he tapped your back to calm you down.

“D-don’t leave me, g-gege.”

“I hope I won’t…”

You sobbed harder. Why don’t you say ‘I won’t’? Why with ‘I hope’?

As if he could read your mind, he said “Because I don’t know when I’ll face my death. Death would come all of a sudden, right? Everybody will face it.”

“Gege…”

“Sleep now, Rachel. I’ll stay here till you have completely slept.”

Kris brought you to your room and laid you on your bed. He sat on the edge of your bed and your hair. When he thought that you have completely slept, he kissed your forehead and left your house.

***

Your phone rang beneath your pillow; you reached for it lazily and answered the call.

“R-rachel?”

“Who is this?”

“It… it’s Suho…”

“Oppa? What’s wrong? Are you crying?” Anxiety attacked you all of a sudden.

“Rachel… Kris… Kris…”

“Kris?? What happened to him??”

“H-he… he involved in a car accident…”

“What?!!”

“And… The doctors couldn’t save him…”

“O-oppa, stop…”

“H-he… He died.”

“OPPA STOP!! You’re lying!!” You shouted, you couldn’t control your tears at all.

“Rachel… Please come to the hospital……”

You couldn’t hear anything. You dropped your phone. You really wanted to turn the time back.

---

How can you just walk away from me, when all I can do is watch you leave

Cause we’ve shared the laughter and the pain

And even shared the tears

You’re the only one who really knew me at all…

I wish I could just make you turn around, turn around and see me cry

There’s so much I need to say to you

So many reasons why

You’re the only one who really knew me at all…

---

You held Baekhyun’s hand so tightly, you couldn’t control the tears that rolling down. You saw around. All members are crying. All comers are crying. They couldn’t believe that the leader has gone away.

“Rachel, have you read this?” Suho handed a letter to you.

“W-what is this?”

“Kris ever wrote this, and I finally know that it’s for you. Read it.”

You took the letter and read it.

I really miss someone right now. She is someone from my past. But I really wish she will be my future. She’s someone who has a shining eyes, pinky smile, soft cheeks, long-black hair. She is so adorable at all. I have predicted that I would love her since our first meeting. And I can’t deny that I really love her. I want to hold and protect her. I want to meet her again. God, when you’ll bring her to me again? Please let me protect her. I really don’t want anyone else except her… I love her.

You covered your mouth to hold your cry, but you saw Kris’s photo that made you cry again. Louder. “Kris. Why did you go? You said you want to protect me… Why did you go? God, why don’t you let him protect me any longer?”

Suho hugged you, “Let him go, Rachel. So he can rest in peace…”

“Oppa… I don’t know…”

“You can, Rachel…”

You saw Kris’s photo once again, and thought to yourself that you could let him go, even with tears.

***

“Rachel uploaded a cover-singing video again!” A girl shouted when she’s just opened her Youtube dash.

“What?? What song?” Another girl asked.

“In Heaven by JYJ. It is for… Kris.”

 

As of right now, I can’t say anything

The miracle of you, it all seems like a fantasy

The last image of you seems to be locked only in my memories

I wonder if you are watching me from somewhere

Even if I regret, it’s too late. I can’t see you anymore

The tears of the shadows of my memories are watching over that place

 

Don’t leave, don’t leave. Can’t you stay by my side?

Lies, all lies. I don’t hear anything

I love you, I love you. Can’t you show me those words?

I love you, I love you. Will you love me again?

 

Video description:

For Kris. I love you. Wherever you are.

***

It's done hereee.

I wish you all like itt.

I'm so sorry for my grammar errors and etc hehehe.

Longlife, Wu Yi Fan!! :*