Two

I Want To Protect You

KRIS’S POV

I was so surprised when I got Rachel in front of me. It’s been so long since our last meeting. I couldn’t forget that face; shining eyes, pinky smile, soft cheeks, long-black hair. She didn’t change, maybe it’s just her height, she has grown taller. I couldn’t stop smiling, until Lay asked me and made me realized that I’ve done something suspicious. I realized that my smile was so suspicious.

“Who’s that girl? You seem so happy to meet her.”

“My friend from Canada.” I tried to be heard normal.

“I could see it; you talked to her in English. Not a Canadian?” Lay asked while signing for another fan.

“No,” I finished another sign and looked at him. “She’s a Korean.”

“You liked her?” Lay asked in a sudden, I widened my eyes.

“She’s my best friend.”

“So what if she’s your best friend?” Lay chuckled.

“I don’t…like her.” I answered in a doubtful tone. Because I know that I do like her.

“Wu Yi Fan, your mouth may lie. But your eyes tell everything.”

I just shrugged and smiled. He’s actually right.

 

The event finally finished, I told manager hyung that I want to meet my friend. He gave me 30 minutes, I thanked him for the time. 30 minutes would be so precious if it’s with her.

I immediately looked for her, I started from around the event’s site. And I directly found her in the ZARA shop. Thank God she looked at me, so I just had to wave to her. She smiled and immediately ran to me.

“How’s life, Rachel? I missed you so much!” I said in unlimited delights. I would have hugged her if I didn’t remember that I was in a public place and I’m a public figure now.

“Good! But a little bit busy because I will graduate soon. How about gege?”

“Wah, really? Congratulations, then! I’m good. And yeah, busy too, with this promoting activities and also performances.”

She giggled, “I could see it, Mr. Popular.”

“Hahaha, so, you’re an EXO fan?” I grinned, but then she laughed.

“Kevin ge, honestly, I’ve just known your group yesterday. But yeah, I think I’m an EXO fan now. You guys are adorable.”

“Thanks, Rachel! Uhm, by the way. You know that my stage name is Kris, right? Why you still calling me Kevin?”

“Why? You don’t like it?” She pouted, I instantly pinched her cheek.

“Not that. I’m happy, you call me unlike my fans do. I feel so special.” I smiled.

I saw her cheeks blushed, it makes her looks cuter.

“So, what are you doing recently?”

“Busy with papers, pencils, pens, laptop, etc. You know, the tasks are killing me.”

I laughed, “But you are smart, I think you can do it all easily.”

“It’s not that easy, gege.” She laughed.

“What major did you take?”

“Law.”

I widened my eyes, “Law? So you’d be a lawyer then!”

She smiled, “Yeah, I hope so. Pray for me!”

“Of course!!”

We talked much, and now I know that she’s a cover singer too. She gave me her Youtube channel’s address, I should check it soon. I really should. I know that she has a good voice, but I think her voice get much better than 4 years ago.

In the middle of our dialogue, suddenly manager hyung came to me.

“Kris, we have to go now.”

I looked at my watch; I still have another 10 precious minutes.

“Hyung, it hasn’t reached 30 minutes.”

“I know, but we have a tight schedule, Kris. Sorry for your 10 minutes.”

I sighed, I looked at Rachel.

“I’m so sorry, Rachel. I really want to talk more…”

She smiled, “It’s okay, gege. You have to be professional.”

I just nodded. But then I realized that I can talk with her by phone, and maybe we can make some engagements.

“Rachel, your number, please?” I handed my phone to her.

She took my phone, typed her number, and handed it back to me. “Call me anytime you can.”

“Of course. Bye, Rachel. Be careful on your way home.”

She nodded and started walking out. She smiled to me before; I won’t forget that smile, never.

***