One

I Want To Protect You

RACHEL’S POV

“Rachel!” My mom suddenly screamed when she was watching TV, I immediately went to the living room in hurry.

“What’s happened, mom?” I asked her, she told me to sit beside her and looked at the TV.

“Isn’t that your friend in Canada that often came to our house?” She asked while pointing at the tallest guy with yellowish hair.

My eyes suddenly widened. “OMG KEVIN!”

“Nah, his name is Kevin, right? But why he introduced himself as Kris?” She asked in confuse.

“Kris? Uhm, maybe it’s his stage name…”

“Stage name?”

“Yeah, mom. Many artists have their own stage name.”

My mom just nodded and continued watching TV.

“He looks so different. Popularity changes everything, huh?”

I just shrugged, but actually, I agreed with my mom. Kevin, or Kris, is really different. But I wish it’s just his appearance that changed. I wish his humble and soft character are still in him, and will never change.

I missed him so much. He left 4 years ago, he told me that he’d have a long trainee time in Korea, and he didn’t know that we would meet again or not. I was so sad, very sad. I cried like I never cried before. He’s the best friend I’ve ever had, and I’ve been having crush on him since we get close.

 

The sound of message alert from my phone, get me back to life. I immediately checked the message, it’s from my friend.

From: Sera

Rachel! Please accompany me to EXO fansign tomorrow in Yeongdeungpo… Ya?

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confuse. What is EXO?

I was going to type the words in my mind when I heard that ‘EXO’ thingy from the TV. I turned to found Kris with his bandmates that introduced as EXO on the text that popped out.

Oh… So EXO is the name of Kris’s band? I was in silent for a while when I realized that accompanying Sera would be my chance to meet Kris!

I immediately replied Sera’s message that I would accompany her, and then I rushed to my room to get my cardigan and bag.

“Mom! I’m going to the CD store!” I noticed my mom who was in the kitchen before I went out. When I’ve heard the ‘Okay’ sound from my mom, I left the house and headed to the CD store to buy EXO’s CD. I would ask for Kris’s autograph tomorrow, I wish he still remember me.

___

I went home with two EXO CDs, I bought both EXO-K and EXO-M’s CD. At first, I confused why the group splitted into two. The kind store employee explained it to me. I’m little bit embarrassed cause I felt so late-update. EXO is really famous, I didn’t know about them at all, but I bought their CDs. Really, I’ve been busy doing my papers and other tasks as a soon-to-be-graduate since 4 months ago.

***

In the next day, Sera came to my house earlier than the time we’ve agreed.

“What makes you so early? I’m still sleepy, you know.” I murmured with a very sleepy voice, but Sera replied it with a very delighted voice.

“I’m too happy. I can’t wait! I want to meet them soon!”

I didn’t give any respond to her glee, I just scratched my cheek. Really, I’m still sleepy because I listened to 12 EXO songs and I didn’t know why I tried to memorize the lyrics till late.

Sera talked again, but in an accusing tone.

“By the way, Rachel… Uhm, you know EXO, right?”

I didn’t get surprised to her question because I knew she could read my uninterested expression while she was talking about her happiness of meeting EXO. Actually, I was not uninterested, I was totally sleepy. But I still glared her.

“Of course I know them. I have their CDs, Sera-ya.” Yeah, my newly bought CD.

“Really?” Sera looked so surprised. “I thought you didn’t update at all since 4 months ago!”

I glared her again, “I’m not that late-update!”

Sera just chuckled and followed me to my room.

“I’m going to take a shower. Wait here, okay?”

“Okay!” She gave me thumb-up and started exploring my room. I saw her got my EXO CDs immediately and opened it excitedly, like she doesn’t have one.

___

“I should get all autographs.” Sera suddenly broke the silent in the taxi.

“Won’t it take it a long time?”

“Uhm, I don’t know. But if it will, I don’t care!” She said with a wide smile. I giggled, she’s really happy.

“But if you can’t get it all? Who is your priority?”

“Of course Baekhyun and Tao!”

I thought inside, remembering who is Baekhyun and who is Tao. My mouth shaped ‘O’ when I remembered it. Baekhyun is the cute one from K, who has pretty slender fingers. And Tao is from M, who has a fierce and manly face-character.

And after talking (actually listening) with Sera about EXO, we finally arrived at Yeongdeungpo. We immediately joined the crowd, and I think we arrived on a right time. They were ready to introduce themselves. I smiled when I Kris started introducing himself, I really missed his deep voice.

The crowd started lining up. I joined the ‘Kris line’ meanwhile Sera was in Baekhyun’s. We weren’t too far from the artists so we could meet them soon.

The line moved fast, and after one girl in front of me, I could say hi to Kris again.

He was talking to his bandmate, I remembered him as… Lay? Yeah, it’s Lay. He was talking to Lay when I gave the photobook to him. He didn’t look at me and directly opened the photobook to find his page. While he was signing, I called him with a cracked voice. “Kevin…Wu?”

Kris suddenly stopped signing and looked at me, and then he gasped and laughed. He continued signing and I saw him writing my name. He still remembered me!

He handed the photobook to me, and he talked to me in English.

“Meet me after this event finished, would you?”

I instantly nodded, and he smiled.

“Don’t go too far, okay? So you’d know if the event has finished or not. Wait for me!” Kris said in cheer.

“Okay!” I smiled and left the signing table. I’m so happy because he’s happy to meet me. He didn’t forget me at all!

***