Three

I Want To Protect You

AUTHOR’S POV

After their last meeting at Yeongdeungpo, Kris and you hadn’t met each other again. But they’re keeping in touch, even Kris was in China, he kept contacting Rachel.

Sera had already known about this. She was so envied you, and she ‘punished’ you. She made you promised to bring her anytime you’re going to meet Kris.

And EXO? They also had already known it. They immediately attacked Kris with questions. And Kris spilled it out.

Flashback start

“Gege! Who was that girl?” Tao asked and smirked at Kris.

“She’s my friend, Tao…” Kris answered with almost-blushed-cheeks.

“Or crush.” Lay chuckled.

“Lay!”

“Ohh, so she’s your crush?” Luhan asked curiously, but with a smirk.

“Huh?” Kris asked like he’s not with his soul. His soul is going somewhere high or far, maybe.

“You like her! You are thinking of her, right?” Baekhyun surprised Kris from back, so finally Kris’s soul was back.

“Baekhyun! Don’t surprise me like that.”

“Hahaha, gege. You are really in love.” Said Chanyeol.

“Admit it.” Suho crossed his arms and smiled at Kris.

Kris sighed; the members would never stop teasing him until he admitted it. So finally…

“Yeah, I like her.” He admitted it.

And all of a sudden, the members whoo-ed at Kris. Made Kris slouched in embarrassment. He was blushed at all.

“She’s so pretty, gege!” Said Sehun.

Kris chuckled, “Sure…”

Flashback end

 

“Kris looks so happy, huh?” Xiumin asked Luhan who was packaging his clothes.

“Of course, hyung. Rachel. Remember?”

“Rachel?” Xiumin asked in confuse, but then he snapped his fingers. “That girl! I remember. So that’s what makes him so happy to go to Korea…”

Luhan nodded and smiled. Their leader looks so different after his meeting with Rachel. He turned friendlier than before, smiling everyday, typical man-in-love.

“Gege, have you told Rachel that we would go to Korea?” Chen asked Kris.

“No, I don’t want to tell her now.” Kris smiled, almost smirked.

Tao giggled, “You’re so surprising.”

 

After several hours air-journey to Korea, they were finally arrived at Incheon International Airport. Kris immediately texted you.

To: Rachel

Hey, guess who’s in Korea?

And without waiting too long, you replied the text.

From: Rachel

YOU??! And EXO-M?? Why you didn’t tell me?!

Kris laughed, “This kid…”

Meet me at Kona Beans at 5pm, okay? You know it, right?

Of course! It’s Kyu-Min-Teuk mom’s café! Wait me there, gege ;)

See you soon ;)

---

Cling!

The bell upside the door rang when Kris opened the door. And all of a sudden, the café turned so crowd.

“We have a famous visitor…” Kyuhyun’s mom said and smiled to Kris who was heading to the ordering table. “Hello, aren’t you Kris from EXO-M?”

“Yes, ahjumma…” Kris answered Kyuhyun’s mom politely.

“Ah, so, when did you arrive here? With EXO-M or just you?” Kyuhyun’s mom asked softly.

“2 hours ago, with EXO-M, ahjumma…”

Kyuhyun’s mom nodded. When she was going to tell the employee to ask what Kris wants, she got Kris searching for something.

“Looking for someone, boy?”

“Ah, yes… I’m looking for…ah! There she is. I’ve found her, ahjumma. Oh, I want one choco frappe, and…” Kris turned his head to you. He asked with a louder voice, “What do you want, Rachel?”

“Uhm, vanilla latte.”

“And vanilla latte…”

While he was waiting his drinks, Leeteuk came and tapped his shoulder.

“Hey, Kris. When did you arrive?”

“Oh, hi, hyung! 2 hours ago…”

Leeteuk nodded, “I see you ordered two drinks. For me?” He asked and then laughed, followed by Kris.

“For that girl?” Leeteuk pointed right at you. Kris looked surprised, Kris was sure that Leeteuk had just come.

“How can you know?”

“I see you staring at her.” Leeteuk whispered. “Your girl?”

“Oh my God, no, hyung. She’s my friend.”

Leeteuk just giggled. “Good luck, boy. Take your drinks, have a good time!”

Nervous Kris immediately took his drinks, bowed to Leeteuk and Kyuhyun’s mom, and then walked to your table.

 

“How long have you been here?” Kris asked while handing the vanilla latte to you.

“Just several minutes ago. When did you arrive here, gege?”

Kris didn’t immediately answer. He’s a little bit not comfort with that ‘gege’ suffix. Why don’t you just call me Kevin?

“Gege?” You snapped your fingers, made Kris stopped muttering in mind.

“Oh, uhm, 2 hours ago.”

You nodded, but then stared at Kris.

“What?” Kris asked.

“Are you sick? You seem so weird.” You asked, and sipped your latte while still staring Kris.

“No, I’m totally fine.”

“Good, then.”

Kris nodded; an awkward silent attacked them until Kris cleared his throat and started a dialogue.

“I have checked your Youtube channel.”

“Really? So what do you think?” You asked in cheer.

“What do I think? I think you should apply to a label. Your voice is great, Rachel!”

You’re blushed, you were so happy.

“Oww, you turned pink.” Kris laughed and keep looking at you, made you can’t control your heartbeat.

“Gege!” You hit his hand lightly, made Kris stopped laughed slowly.

“But I’m serious, Rachel. You should show your talent to wider audiences. Not only Youtube viewers.”

“Youtube viewers are so many, gege.”

“But not all of them are your viewers.”

You were silent. You have wanted to be a singer since you’re still in highschool. But your desire to be a lawyer made you cancelled your dream to be a singer, and just recording your video then upload it to Youtube.

“You agree, right?” Kris asked again.

You nodded, “But I’m a future lawyer.”

“So what? You can be multitasking; you are smart and good in managing time. Being a singer plus lawyer is not a sin, Rachel.”

“Hahaha, yeah. Of course it is not. But…”

“No more buts, kid.” Kris cut your words, made you stopped talking and sipped your latte again.

 

Minutes, hours, you have spent the day in that café with Kris. The clock showed that it’s already 8pm.

“You should go home now.” Said Kris after checked his watch.

“Uhm, you’re right, gege.”

“Let me take you home.”

You widened your eyes, “Eh? Really?”

“Of course. Do you think that I’d leave you taking bus to home while I’m going home with a car? No way.”

You smiled, Kris really didn’t change at all.

“So, you’re willing to get home with me, right?”

“Hmm, okay.” You smiled, followed by Kris.

You followed Kris behind, but then Kris moved you to his front. Like protecting you from the killing stares from fans.

“Ahjumma, hyung, thank you so much!” Kris waved to Kyuhyun’s mom and Leeteuk before leaving.

“Yeah, be careful, Kris! And you, little girl!” Said Leeteuk with his friendly smile.

You smiled to that charming idol. You never thought that an idol like him would wave to you.

 

“Thanks for the lift, gege.”

“You’re welcome. I’ll come here when I have time, okay? Have a nice sleep, Rachel!”

“You too, gege! Bye!”

Kris smiled to you, and closed the window. You kept your eyes until you can’t see his car. And you came in to your house with a wide smile.

***

The message alert made your dream ended without . You reached your phone and read the message with a still annoyed feeling. You really hate everything that interrupts your sleep.

But your eyes widened when you read the message.

From: Kevin ge

Rachel! Please come to the dorm! Kris is in danger!

-Baekhyun-

“What danger?!” You panicked.

To: Kevin ge

Okay, Baekhyun oppa. I’m going there.

 

You threw your phone and forgot your annoyed feeling, you got panic because of Baekhyun’s text. You took a flash bath, flash breakfast, and flash leaving. Made your mom can’t control her widened eyes.

 

You thanked God because your home with EXO’s dorm is not too far so you could reach there fast. But when you have arrived in front of their door, you froze.

Oh, holy God. I’m right in front of EXO’s dormitory’s door.

You froze there until about 2 minutes, till someone tapped your shoulder. Made you jump in a big shock. And it was D.O, with a bag full with foods.

“Who… Oh! Oh you’re Rachel!” D.O said in enthusiasm.

You smiled awkwardly, but then you thought in mind. Why D.O seemed doesn’t feel worry about Kris?

“Come! Come in, Rachel!” D.O let you in friendlily; you followed him into the dorm.

You got EXO members having their own time and business inside. No one seemed worry or panic because of Kris… And you finally figured out that you were tricked when you see Kris went out from his room, he’s just woke up.

“Rachel?” Kris opened his eyes widely when he saw you.

“You’re not in danger?” You asked him awkwardly.

“Danger?” Kris asked in confuse. But then he heard chuckles from some members, and that were Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen.

“Who sent her news that I’m in danger?” Kris accused Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen.

Chanyeol and Chen immediately pointed at Baekhyun.

“But they’re the brain of this plan!” Baekhyun instantly pointed at Chanyeol and Chen too because he didn’t want to be alone.

Kris sighed, “You guys, what’s your motivation of doing this?”

“We just want to meet Rachel.” Chanyeol said while shrugging.

“Eh?” You felt confuse and happy in a same time, they want to meet me?

“Hi, Rachel!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun waved at you cutely, you waved back at them awkwardly. They’re too cute and you can’t stand it.

Kris laughed quietly, “Okay, because you have invited her, you have to treat her well as a guest, okay? I’m going to take a shower now.”

“Ahaha okay okay, take your time as much as you want, gege.” Baekhyun said while standing up. And he grabbed your hand “Let’s play some games, Rachel!” He said in cheer. You were silent, Baekhyun is such a cutie. Then you started playing with those 92liners, and on the next game, all EXO members joined the game.

 

You had a precious day with EXO, and finally you had to go home.

“Ah, Rachel nuna. Can’t you stay longer?” Sehun begged with puppy eyes.

You giggled, Sehun is really a magnae. You tapped his head lightly, once you thanked God that you’re older than some boys; like Sehun, so you can do anything to him –like tapping head? You can’t do it to Lay and the remaining older.

“What would people say if they find out that there’s a girl in EXO’s dorm until late? Sehun-a, I’ll come to play again, okay?”

Sehun pouted, but then he nodded. “Promise?”

“Promise!”

Sehun smiled, you smiled back at him.

“Okay, okay. It’s time to go home, Rachel.” Kris interrupted, made Sehun pouted. You laughed while standing up. “Bye, guys!”

“Bye, Rachel! Come here againnnn!”

You gave a thumb up to them and followed Kris who was leaving.

 

“They like you.” Kris giggled.

“What?”

“They really really like you. See? They don’t want you to leave. You should come again.”

You laughed, “I like them too! You guys are really funny, humble. Some of you are cute and sweet…”

“Who are they?”

“The cute members are… of course not you.”

“I know, I know.” Kris rolled his eyes, you chuckled.

“Hahaha, the cute members are Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao and Xiumin oppa.”

Kris nodded, “And then? The sweet members?”

“Suho oppa and Luhan gege.”

“Only them? What about the rest??”

“Just say that you want to know about you, gege.” You winked at him, made Kris slouched to hide his blushed cheeks. But that was failed, you have seen his blushed cheeks, you laughed out loud.

“Gege~ You’re blushing!”

“No!” Kris protested, but he covered his face, made you sure that he’s really blushing.

“Omo, I really want to pinch you! Why are you so tall?!”

Kris finally laughed, like taking revenge; he teased you who are much shorter than him –about 20 cm or more.

“Okay, stop, stop. Hahaha…” Kris took a deep breath to stop laughing, and then he smiled to you. “I have to take you home with car or just by foot?”

You were going to answer when you suddenly yawned. Kris covered your opened mouth. “You are sleepy. So we’re gonna get home by car.”

 

“Thanks for bringing her home, Kevin.” Your mom smiled to Kris.

“No problem, Mrs. Jung. I’m leaving…”

“Okay, be careful, Kevin. Come here again when you have time.”

“Of course, bye.”

***