My Fate

Love is Law?

During my years of training, my father had many connections with the Meiji house hold. They were one of the better noble families. They had been chasing after the throne for many years and now that the Edo period was ending, thanks to me.  They requested for the seat of the emperor. I remember my father laughing at their faces and had said a few words which made the Meijis very unhappy.  Nevertheless they didn’t give up on us.

They give us food, money and all the weaponry that we would ever need. They were like our never ending supply of money. However, in return we had to serve them with loyalty and protection from the magical source of this country. It gets tiring after you have fought about 20 magicians that are barely touching the professional level. All they do is, shoot flipping beams of fire, ice and wind. I want a challenge that can simulate all of my senses. Not just my speed, since I already have enough of that. And one day I got exactly that.

I was walking down the main road of Saitama, a place that is rural enough to hide but close enough to Tokyo so that I could attack the emperor’s son. There was a young man, his clothes were normal but his face and his speech differed. I was sure that he was the emperor’s son.

“My! How beautiful this jar is! My father would love this!” He said as I passed by him.

After he had said that he picked it up and just walked away from the shop, but as expected the shopkeeper would not let this pass by.

“Hey! You thief! Give that back!” this caused a crowd.

The poor son of the emperor seemed confused and slightly worried. I thought it couldn’t be helped and went in to help this mutt. That’s the least I could do for him, since I will kill him.

I walked up to the shopkeeper and spoke.

“I am sorry for my brother, he thinks that his the emperor’s son, he fell down the stairs of the shrine when he was young and now he thinks that his the heir to the throne. I’ll pay for what he bought.” I handed the man few gold coins and dragged the stupid person away.

The young man seemed happy and delighted at my little action. After walking for ten minutes, we arrived at a little stream. There were no one around the stream apart from me and the stupid prince. Apart from his looks, he was nothing but a baby.

“Thank you.” He said with a smile of a kid on his face, he looked at me with hope in his eyes. Yet I remained silent.

I knelt down on the floor besides the fast flowing water, then shaped my hand into a cup so that I could drink some water out of my hand.

“I really didn’t know what to do. I mean, what is this thing called money?” I still didn’t reply. It seemed that the prince was getting angry and started to pull at my arm as if he was five years old.

“This thing called money is what people die for, this thing called money is why people fight and this thing called money is what the world is run by!” I shouted at him as I did not know what else to do.

He seemed to have realized the situation now but yet I couldn’t stop myself from talking.

“And it’s all thanks to stupid princes like you that people like us have to suffer all of our lives just dreaming one day you guys would die!”

He seemed shocked and surprised at what I had said, but then again who wouldn’t be?

“But, how? You knew who I was? I was sure I disguised myself as a commoner.”

“You tried? Is this what you call trying? Wearing a 10,000 yen robe and having your hair so immaculate. Do you think that we can even have the time to do our hair like that huh?” I continued, “Argh who cares, someone will kill you eventually, and I hope they succeed.”

Then without a word I stoop and then walked away, just hoping that this stupid prince won’t raise his security.

“Well if you think that you’re so clever then work in the palace and become my left hand!” he said in a very proud voice.

However I ignored him and walking away. I thought to myself –I’d rather die than be that idiots left hand, who knows when I might die-