21

Don't Fall In Love With Me

I pestered Ahyoung for days before she finally broke.
 

What could I say? When I wanted to know something, I wanted to know badly.
 

“Oh my god if I tell you, will you leave me the hell alone?!” Ahyoung whispered violently across the library shelf.
 

I had followed her into the library and spoke to her through a bookshelf.
 

“Have I ever talked to you before this?” I said with the same sass she always seemed to use when I would bother her. It was still completely strange to me that someone so introverted could carry so much sass, but you can’t believe everything you see, can you?
 

She scoffed before walking around the bookshelf and meeting me on my side. She checked around to make sure no one was around before speaking.
 

“So I’m sure you know that Baekhyun got in a car accident or whatever, right?”
 

My eyebrows creased together. “What? You know he has cancer so that rumor is obviously out of the question….”
 

She looks at me with the same expression I have on. “He didn’t tell you?”
 

“Tell me what?” I asked feeling piqued by the topic of Baekhyun not telling me something.
 

“He got in a car accident last weekend.”
 

Huh? How on earth could Baekhyun have gotten in a car accident and not have told me? It must have been a minor one. I mean, the boy was unscathed. There was no way he could have been in an accident that could have killed someone.
 

Memory of a conversation with his dad flashed into my mind.
 

Baekhyun’s father was walking out as I was walking into their house. I asked him where he was headed off to, and he said he was going to go take Baekhyun’s car to the shop. I figured it was for normal maintenance, but obviously I was wrong.
 

“So what you’re saying is he killed your cousin in a car accident?”
 

“Precisely. Now leave me alone, okay?” Ahyoung said before turning around and walking away.
 

“Wait,” I said, tugging her arm and spinning her back around. “Has this all been settled?”
 

She crossed her arms and nodded her head. “Yeah, I guess. It was settled the day after. My family’s getting a bunch of cash from the lawsuit.”
 

“Oh…” was all I was able to reply with. And with that, she left me and wandered off into another aisle of books.
 

Walking back to the cafeteria, I felt sick. Sure, I knew it was part of Baekhyun’s personality to hide things, but something like this seemed so significant. How could he hide it from me so easily? What else was he hiding from me?
 

I spotted my group of friends and Baekhyun’s sitting at the same table. They all seemed to be deep in conversation with each other. I would’ve been ecstatic about the fact that our friends were getting along well with each other, but obviously it was a little hard to be happy when I had just found out my boyfriend was hiding the fact that he killed someone.
 

Baekhyun had a clear spot next to him that was probably open for me, but I decided to sit at the end of the table, away from him and next to Kris and Baekhyun’s friend, Suho.
 

“Hey where’ve you been?” Kris asked me. I caught Baekhyun’s questioning glance at me as I replied.
 

“Oh just went to the restroom is all.”
 

“But you went during fourth period,” Tao added. I mentally slapped myself. It was the easiest excuse I could find at the moment.
 

“Girls have to go when they have to go,” Suho said, relieving my pressure of trying to find an excuse. The guys immediately dropped the subject because anything even alluding to the menstrual cycle seems to make guys feel uncomfortable. Except Suho of course, who was more mature than teachers it seemed.
 

“Shouldn’t you be sitting with your boyfriend?” Kris asked.
 

“I don’t need to be attached to his hip just because were dating,” I said, immediately regretting my harsh tone.
 

“Whoa, did you guys get in a fight or something?”
 

We’re about to. 
 

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. I had spent the whole lunch sitting away from Baekhyun. But he was in my next two classes, so my plan for avoiding him wouldn’t work out so well.
 

He was already standing up and walking over by the time I even grabbed my bag and stood up. He tried to grab for my hand when I stood up, but I pretend to shiver and cross my arms in attempt to seem cold. Luckily the wind blew at that same moment, so it didn’t seem so fake.
 

“You cold?” he asked, placing an arm around my shoulders.
 

I feel slightly guilty for being upset with him, but I quickly get over it when I realize that he had been lying to me.
 

“Just a little,” I said, rubbing my arms.
 

He started talking about a party Kai is throwing and went off on a tangent on how fun he thinks it’ll be. I tried to listen, but the voice in my head got louder and louder, and I couldn’t fight the urge to confront him.
 

“Baekhyun,” I interrupted. He stopped talking and sent me a confused look. “I heard some people talking about seeing you in a car accident.”
 

“That’s funny. People still seem to believe the lie we planted a while ago. They probably thought an accident on the freeway was me or something,” he said with a slight chuckle.
 

Man, the boy was a good liar. He was totally unfazed by my attempt to get the truth out of him. I had to just go in directly with the kill.
 

I sighed and peeled his arm off of me. I stood in front of him and crossed my arms. “Last weekend Baekhyun. When you told me you were at home all weekend, were you telling the truth?” I thought that maybe I’d give him a chance. If he decided to come clean, I wouldn’t be so mad at him.
 

“Yes of course I was home. What are you getting at, babe?” he asked with concern on his face.
 

I almost wanted to forget about the whole thing because I hated it when he looked at me like that, but I couldn’t just let something like a case of manslaughter slide.
 

“Why are you lying to me, Baekhyun? In case you’ve forgotten, I am your girlfriend.”
 

“I’m not comprehending what you’re trying to say…”
 

He was still dragging out his lie when I was still giving him chances.
 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you killed a girl, Baekhyun?!” I harshly whispered. “I totally understand that you don’t like sharing every aspect of your life, but I feel like that’s something that you tell your girlfriend! Do I mean nothing to you?” I sighed, remembering that this was a question I had already asked Baekhyun once before.
 

His head falls back and I can tell he’s bothered by the situation. “You mean everything to me, but it’s not that big of a deal. It was an accident and it was dealt with quickly. You didn’t need to know.”
 

“Accident or not, this is kind of a huge situation. There’s no point of hiding things like this from me Baekhyun-”
 

“Why? Because you’re nosy and you’ll always find out? You’re my girlfriend, not some private investigator. You need to get over the fact that you can’t know everything about me. God, just get over yourself.” He walked into class, leaving me alone in the halls.
 

I was breathing heavily and tears stung my eyes. I didn’t even bother going to class. Not after that; especially since I sat right next to him.  I stormed towards the exit and thankfully no one was there to stop me from leaving. I was in no mood to stay in school and deal with Baekhyun.
 

I tried to wipe away the tears falling down my face, but they kept on falling.
 

I hastily drove home, with tears still streaming down my face. My empty household only echoed the sounds of my sobs as I collapsed onto the couch.
 

Baekhyun was all I had left.
 

And I could feel him slipping away. 

 

 

I was reading someone's fic and they were complaining about how they weren't getting enough comments and how they would stop updating if more people didn't comment. It put a really bad taste in my mouth... I don't know, I just feel like the author was writing for all the wrong reasons. No one should be writing because they want comments. You should write because you want to, not because you want comments. Sorry for ranting to you guys, it just made me upset lol