Chapter 6

Deceivious Immortalis

It's been a while, but I have wonderful news! I will be focusing on Greek mythology this semester in my English class (we'll reading all of The Odyssey books), and I really can't wait to apply everything I learn to this fic. For all of you who have stayed patient, thank you and I hope you enjoy this chapter!


Nyx

The goddess of night strolled next to Daniel, her hands loosely swaying by her side, as she peered across the glistening lake. The two acquaintences enjoyed walks at night with eachother's company. Tonight, however, the calm goddess seemed even calmer and more silent than usual. Stealing occasional glances, the god couldn't help but take note of his companion's rather annoyed expression.

 
"Is the water annoying you tonight?" upon hearing Daniel's voice, she turned to see his amused smile, "Why is it that you stare at the lake with such irritation?"
 
Realizing her obliviously silly actions, she slightly blushed, "Oh, it's nothing."
 
Daniel abruptly stopped in his tracks and Jaewon stopped a few steps in front of him, bewildered.
 
"We've known eachother since the beginning of time," he approached the goddess, "I can read you like a book, so tell me what's wrong."
 
Knowing that lying was not an option with Daniel, she sighed frustratedly as images of the arrogant god of music, light, and prophecies flashed through her mind, a wave of displeasure washing through her. 
 
 
"During the eclipse a couple days ago, I met someone," she began, hesitating to continue, "...and almost immediately, I didn't like him; from his attitude to his appearance. He had on this irritating smirk, and I just wanted to knock it right off his face. He didn't even bow to me, and I'm his senior!"
 
Daniel did nothing but listen to the goddess attentively.
 
"And then he had the nerve to question my opinions toward light. I-," she couldn't continue because something interrupted her.
 
"Gossiping about me, I see," everything flashed a blinding white (to which Jaewon hissed dangerously at and Daniel shielded her from) before an all too familiar - and at the same time unfamiliar - voice sent involuntarily unpleasant shivers up the goddess's spine. She slowly turned around to come face to face with the arrogant god she had been ranting about.
Doojoon had the same stupid smirk plastered on his face, and Jaewon fought the urge to decapitate him right then and there.
 
 
"What are you doing here?" Jaewon clicked her fingers in distaste and Daniel's scowl turned into a protective one as he slowly made his way in front of the goddess, "And you dare appear before me, the primidorial goddess of night, with a blinding light? Are you wishing for your death?"
 
"I am a deathless god," the intruder chuckled, and Jaewon clenched her teeth, "Mightly Woohyun has commanded me to deliver his invitations to the Olympian Ball to the two of you."
 
From his robe, Doojoon pulled out two golden envelopes, handing them to the primidorial duo before continuing, "And are you not going to introduce me to your acquaintance, Jaewon-nim?"
He nudged his head toward Daniel, and the goddess cursed mentally.
 
"Doojoon-ssi, this is Daniel, primordial god of shadow and darkness. Daniel, meet Doojoon, god of music, light, and prophecies."
 
The two reluctantly bowed and shook hands. After a long, awkward silence, Daniel, being the gentlegod he was, spoke with a forced smile and much hesitation, "Jaewon and I were just on a nightly stroll down this trail. Would you care to join us?"
 
The female's eyes widened at her companion's offer to the intruder, and she violently shook her head in disagreement, but Doojoon gratefully accepted.
 
With an exasperated face, she stomped pass the males, fuming with annoyance. The goddess's acquaintance shook his head patiently and affectionately at the primordial deity's immature actions before running to catch up with her, leaving the third-wheeler to trail slowly behind.
 
Doojoon watched from behind as Daniel reached the goddess's side. Jaewon turned to look at the figure next to her, pouting unhappily. When the god extended his arm, the goddess wrapped her arm around his, and the two proceeded to prance down the trail like school children. The one left behind watched the two, not quite understanding their relationship, but nonetheless smiled softly at the heartwarming sight before him.
 
Feeling deprived of attention, Doojoon pursed his lips into a determined line and raced forward, running inbetween the couple and effectively breaking their linked arms.
 
"What do you want?" she hissed menacingly, enough ferocity to have burnt him to ashes had he been a mortal.
 
Doojoon, however, was most definitely not a mortal, and proved that point when he pouted shamelessly, completely unaffected by the goddess's venom, "I still don't understand why you don't like light."
 
"It's not light that I don't like," she glared at him judgmentally, "It's people like you who are, unfortunately, associated with light."
 
Now it was Daniel's turn as a bystander, and the other god puffed up his cheeks with much indignity, "What is there not to like about me?"
 
The goddess, realizing that the embarrassing god was stubborn as a mule, sighed and raised her arms up in defeat, "I give up. Enlighten me on what is so good about light."
 
She plopped herself down on a nearby boulder, Daniel taking a seat next to her as Doojoon began his speech.
 
"First of all, light has given mortals life and warmth for thousands of years. Who doesn't like that feeling of heat inside their cold bodies?" Doojoon meant for it to be a rhetorical question, but Jaewon raised her hand almost instantly, "Ok then.. What don't you like about light?"
 
"It's not the light that I don't like..." she bit her lower lip and paused, but the god of light ushered her to continue, ".. I don't know how to explain it."
 
She looked over at Daniel helplessly.
 
"Maybe another time.. Let me think about it for a while and explain it to you another time."
 
Doojoon, noticing the uneasy look on her face and the tense atmosphere, decided to probe no further. He straightened his back, dusting off his robe, "Well, it's getting quite late. Selene is looking quite beautiful today."
 
All three of them looked up at the bright, full moon, and indeed, it was beautiful.
 
"I've taken too much time here, and still have other invitations to deliver," Doojoon stretched out his arms and yawned, "I will deliever these in the morning."
 
Jaewon reluctantly bowed to the god of light, who bowed back. Daniel curtly nodded his head, and Doojoon returned the gesture.
 
"Goodnight to the two of you," the goddess of night could see the genuineness in Doojoon's small smile, and she swore that all of her grudges against him suddenly faded.
 
With a snap of his fingers, his body shrouded with white light and he shot up into the sky like a falling sky, but travelling in the opposite direction. Jaewon looked up at the sky and sighed, relieved that he respected her decision and didn't decide to strike at her vulnerability.
 
Turning back to Daniel, she smiled authentically, "Walk me home?"
 
The god smiled back, took her hand into his, and put both their hands into his pocket, "Of course."
 
And so the two set off to finish their nightly stroll under the star-filled sky held up by Atlas with Selene smiling down at them, her soft rays illuminating the path in front of the duo.
 

I hope you enjoyed that update! In other news, I'm in desperate need for names for the gods and goddesses aside from the main characters. It doesn't matter if they are OCs or names of idols.

 
So far, these are the deities who already have names:
 
Zeus - Woohyun
Hera - Eunjung
Apollo - Doojoon
Nyx - Jaewon
Ares - Howon/Hoya
Aoide (Muse of song) - Mirae
Persephone - Sooyun
Hades - Myungsoo/L
Poseidon - Suho
Hecate - Nayoung
Galene (Nymph of calm seas) - Miseung
Nephelai (Cloud nymph) - Bokyung
Alke (Spirit of courage) - Bomi
Plutus - Dongjun
Dike - Woori
Eunomia - Seungyeon
Polemos - Kim Hyun Joong
Eirene - Jihye
Alectrona - Ailee
Iris - Eunji
Phthonous - Jongup
Ananke - Chorong
Hemera - Soonkyu
Erebus - Daniel
Thanatos (personification of death) - Dongwoo
Eris - Hyuna
 
 
As you can see, the list is quite large, but there are still hundreds of gods/goddesses out there.
As for now, I need all 12 Olympian Gods/Goddesses to have names
 
I need an..
Aphrodite (goddess of love and beauty)
Demeter (goddess of harvest and crops)
Athena (goddess of wisdom, war, household arts)
Artemis (goddess of hunt, moon, s)
Hermes (god of thieves and messenger of the gods)
Dionysus (god of wine and tragedy)
Hephaestus (god of metalwork and craftsmen)
 
Other major deities are also needed, and if no one gives me any names, I'll have to ask my accepted applicants for suggestions.