Chapter 2

Running with time travel

 

“Be quiet!” A girl hissed in a quiet tone as her friends started to settle into the small crevice, it wasn’t the most comfortable place, but it would do if they needed to hide. Taehyun scooted in the corner, holding onto Kyong who was shivering. She dug her face into his shirt, forcing herself to cry silently, she felt much safer in his arms. But they’ve never been in this position before, none of them have ever been threatened by anything relatively strong. None of them had fought something seriously and Kyong wasn’t the type of fight, the only person who would give a good tussle was Lucy. 
 
“Jaehwa.. Can you hear him?” A boy with long hair, in a small pony tail (It’s like Taemin’s hair when it’s long and messy looking) asked the girl beside him, she shook her head. She didn’t understand why she could get into his thoughts, but couldn’t hear his. The only thing she could feel was his presence and how far he was, but mostly all of them could do that. She felt ashamed, her best friend was hurt and she couldn’t even reach him. Kai.. Where are you? She thought but after a few moments of silence on his behalf, she gave up.
 
 They all heard some rustling outside and became much more alert, it was dark in the cave and the only light was from a small hole. Jaehwa gulped and stood up the best she could without touching the top of the cave, or making too much movement, since collapsing the cave was very much possible. “What are you doing!” A girl hissed grabbing her wrist and she looked down at her friend, Lucy. The one who liked to lead, and tried to keep everyone under control, but Jaehwa pulled away and walked closer to the hole. “Kai..” She mumbled while looking through the small slit. “Kai’s out there.” 
 
“Is he okay?” Lucy whispered but she didn’t answer, she just looked out, counting all the people she could see. 6. There were 6 of them, all men, she looked over to the side and saw the flashing lights, they must have stolen police cars. Kai.. Go around the corner.. In two minutes. She thought, knowing that he would hear it in his mind, she got one last glance of him then backed away further into the cave. She walked over to Lucy and knelt down beside her, “They aren’t hurting Kai.. They aren’t fighting..” Jaehwa mumbled quickly, “But can you distract them,” Lucy nodded and she continued, “Go out that side..” She said pointing to a small crevice that her slim body could fit through, Lucy nodded and she crawled over to the boy closest to her.
 
“Hyo.. Go get the cars.. And drive them around the back.” Jaehwa asked and he grinned, “That’ll be fun.” He said and she looked over at Kyong and Taehyun. “Taehyun, go with Hyo, I’ll keep Kyong safe.” She said and Taehyun looked down at Kyong then nodded to Jaehwa. Kyong looked up and gulped, she didn’t want to disagree with her best friend and carefully got off of him so he could leave. He looked back at her, she looked frightened and innocent, “Kyong-” He said and she shook her head, “Don’t get hurt.. Taehyun, don’t get hurt.. For me.” She wiped the tears that fell down her cheeks and he sighed, then went around the side with Hyo. 
 
Jaehwa looked at Kyong, the only person left besides herself. “I have something special for you, Kyong.” 

"But.. I don't want to hurt anyone."