Chapter 4

MY LIFE IS A FAN SERVICE

They got back to the dorm silently one with a questioning look while the other feeling awkward.  They both entered the elevator and unlike the usual, Donghae did not play with the button.  He let Eunhyuk get out from the 11th floor and closed the elevator without saying good bye.

That was very awkward.  For the first time Donghae want to distance himself from Hyukjae.  The words keep repeating on his mind.  He heard the sobs in the restroom.  He followed Hyukjae just because he don’t like being alone.  He stayed there until the blond sober.  He quickly get out and pretended he was waiting the whole time.  He does not have the courage to tell him he knew.

He sighed but continued to go to their dorm on the 12th floor and just thinks that with him knowing it.  He will not be able to give false hope to his best friend.  He decided he would set some boundaries between them.  His plan to use Hyukjae to make Kibum jealous was abandoned.

The next few days, Eunhyuk felt like Donghae is angry with him.  Not even a single skinship that every one of them can do is allowed.  At least to what’s Eunhyuk’s perspective.  The sweet innocent Lee Donghae he once knew has changed.  The worst thing is he changed only for Eunhyuk.  He still feels like the maknae to everyone except him.

The whole thing was new to him.  He never expects the younger to be like that.  For one thing though, he still has time where he focused on being sweet to Donghae without being prevented.  That is when they do Fan Service.

Eunhyuk was contented.  He knew that this is all he can do for now.  For many times he tried to confront the latter but failed to do so since Donghae made sure they were not left alone.  Somehow Donghae also felt uncomfortable.  He is not used to the cold atmosphere between him and his best friend.  But he’s not ready for a confrontation.  From the moment he found out about Hyuk’s feeling he felt the difference between Hyukjae and the other members.

One night every member has their own schedule aside from the 2.  Being the needy one, Donghae went down to Hyuk’s room and spend the night together.  This is one of the rare chance for them to talk.  They were watching a movie not to mention a love story that makes it even more awkward.  Donghae started the conversation.  “I’m sleepy.  Let’s go to sleep.”  He can’t do it.  He decided to forget about it and move forward.  Eunhyuk will know someday that everything about them is not real.  He will soon realize that what he feels is just the same way as best friends feel for each other.  Hyuk on the other hand need to clarify things.

“What’s wrong with you?” Eunhyuk asked immediately before the latter stands up headed to their room.  “I’m sleepy.  Come on Hyukkie let’s sleep.”

“No!” Eunhyuk was not aware his voice was raising. “I need to know.  I need to know what’s wrong.  What’s wrong with us?”  Donghae felt that Eunhyuk felt the tension between them no matter how hard he hides it.  “What’s with the ‘US’?” He asked innocently.  “It’s just that you seem cold to me lately” Eunhyuk mutters incoherently.  “Just let me know if I did something wrong.”  Is there any way I offended you? Saying at the back of his mind.  Donghae heard everything.

Donghae finally found a chance to confront Eunhyuk.  “There’s nothing wrong with us.  It’s just you.” Eunhyuk was surprised for the latter’s outburst.  “If it wasn’t for your feelings for me it wouldn’t have gone awkward.”  “Feelings?” Hyukjae deniably asked.  “I heard everything.”  Donghae looked straight into his eyes.  Eunhyuk was shocked but composed himself at once.  He is not ready for rejection.  He burst into a fake laugh.  Unfortunately Donghae is so dense that he did not notice it was fake.  “I knew you were there listening.” Donghae was startled.  “I was supposed to have it as a prank but when I came out you were not there.”  He smirked.  “What’s wrong with loving you?  I know you love me back.”  Hyukjae .

Donghae tried to weigh things since then.  Nothing changed much.  He may not want to admit it but he missed the latter back.  “Whatever! Do not do that again.”  The teasing made the atmosphere warm.  He liked it.  He decided to join hyuk with the teasing.  “Come on let’s sleep.  I know you missed me cuddling with you.”  He said smiling and Hyukjae just follows.

Hyukjae did not sleep well that night.  By the way Donghae reacted means that he has no chance at all.  He decided to improve himself.  The day after the confrontation, he decided to improve himself.  He enrolled himself to a fitness program on their company.  He controlled the skinship on their fan service to show that Donghae is the one craving for him.  There was even a time that when he mention to Donghae that they’re relationship is just mainly between members not that friendship thing.  Donghae who doesn’t have any idea still plays with it.  He was always the one who shows to be the one interested.  Little did he know Hyukjae is already starting to get noticeable within his eyes.

He began to develop abs that is very tempting for Donghae.  He improved a lot in terms of looks and appeal.  When the member voted that he was the ugliest among the member, Donghae realize that he wasn’t.  In fact he was the most handsome member for Donghae.

Hyukjae found the confidence and this time he turns the table upside down.  Donghae was becoming more and more noticeable that he is falling head over heels over Hyukjae.  At least for one of their member who plays a major role in Donghae’s life.

It was starting to get cold.  Donghae was left alone on the apartment and he was waiting for Hyukjae who is buying some pizza for his birthday.  This is another one of the rare times that they are left alone.  While waiting for Eunhyuk, Donghae prepared all the table as if they’ll be having a dinner date. 

A few minutes later…

Ding Dong.  Donghae is still finishing the table and he yelled “Coming”.  Just as he saw the video on who could be the one ringing the doorbell, he saw a bouquet of flowers with an “I Miss You” message.  He hurriedly went to the door and open it.

“Hyuk-“  He was stopped when he saw who was in the door.  It was not Hyukjae whom he expected but his eyes started get teary.  He felt he was being brought into a tight hug.

“I miss you!” said the guy.

A sound of boxes falling was heard.  “Kibum??” Donghae saw Eunhyuk surprised to see them on that state.