Morning with the Jangs'

Two Different Worlds [Hiatus]

"Sir!" The maid said repeatly, "Please wake up!"

I slowly got up from my bed and headed toward my restroom. I squeezed the toothpaste to my toothbrush and I start brushing my pearly whites. After I got my clothes on, I aprroach to the stairs. 

"Wow! That's the newest collection of that designer brand!" The maids wisper to one another. I rolled my eyes. Clothes were clothes. I didn't really care about style. For all I care I would wear some jeans and a simple white shirt. Of course my parents thought it would "ruin my image". As I gradually went down the stairs, I sensed that something bad in the atmosphere. I got to my chair as my sister-in-law started wailing. 

"It's okay, we can try again," my brother said soothingly.

"Yeah," my mother added as my father grunted. His face was hidden in the newspaper. I sighed.This could only mean one thing. Sister-in-law has been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. I mean even though everyone was saying it's all right, they were actually pretty disapointed. 

"It's - it's just that I thought it would happen this -- time!" she wailed louder as she stood up. She walked away as my brother catched up with her.

"What are we going to do? She's so upset," my mother said to herself.

My father grunted as he then paused, "Woo Young-ah, care to explain what's this?" he said pointing to the newspaper. It was the picture that the paparazzi took that day. Taeyeon unconsicously on my back, and me looking... well pretty agressive. Just in a perfect capture the hotel was shown to be my destination. Wow.. the Paparazzi are so late. It's been a month already since that happened.

"Uhmm.. Taeyeon was drunk, so I helped her get to the hotel," I replied trying to stay cool.

"Oh, I haven't seen Taeyeon in so long! You should bring her over to the governor's meeting tonight!" mother said sweetly. 

"We're busy," I protested. It was awkward with Taeyeon these days. We tried to avoid each other as much as possible. I mean after that big news, I needed some time to think.

"Nonsense! You bringing her, you understand?" 

"But mom,"

"No buts!"

"Okay," I ended defeatless.