Chapter 4

Candy Man

 

A/N: HOHOHOHO~ After a 34623756672 years.. I'M BACK!! I am now the Third Year Representative in our school!! XD (I don't edit my chapters. I just post what I wrote. So, feel free to point out any mistakes :D) 

 

~*~o~*~

 

 

As Myungsoo was waiting for Minsoo by a bench inside the latter’s school, a familiar figure sat beside him.

 

“Myungsoo-ssi?”

 

Myungsoo faced the owner of the voice, and was surprised to see the guy who helped Minsoo, smiling at him.

 

“Oh, it’s you.” Myungsoo said and smiled back.

 

“Yes it’s me.” The guy chuckled, “By the way my name is Sungjong.”

 

“Oh, yeah you didn’t have the chance to tell me that last time.”

 

Just then, Minsoo interrupted them.

 

“Myung hyung! Let’s go now! Gyu hyung is waiting~!”

 

 

~*~o~*~

 

 

Myungsoo was gaping at the sign hanged on the main door of the candy shop. The word ‘closed’ was clearly written in capital letters, as if it’s mocking the hell out of Myungsoo.

 

“Looks like you won’t be seeing your Gyu hyung today…” Myungsoo mumbled disappointedly.

 

However, Minsoo didn’t even seem to care as he pushed the door with all his might. Surprisingly, the door opened.

 

‘I thought they’re closed?’ Myungsoo thought as he followed Minsoo inside.

 

It was pitch black when they entered, but the lights were suddenly and they were greeted by a floor full of white and purple balloons. Not only that, the shop was decorated on every corner, which make it looked like an event was going to happen and Myungsoo just feel like they interrupted an important scene. Yet there’s something (or someone) that made him stay where he is. Is it the figure walking towards his way? Yes it is.

 

“Surprise.” Sunggyu said with a smile.

 

 

~*~o~*~

 

 

To say that Sunggyu is nervous is an understatement, but it’s now or never. So, the moment that the main door of the shop opened, his heartbeat almost stopped. He took a quick peek at his reflection on the mirror, and then walked towards the direction where cautious footsteps can be heard.

 

There, he saw Myungsoo who had his mouth opened, and Minsoo who was busy playing with the balloons.

 

“Surprise.” Sunggyu said with a smile, although right now, he can’t even tell if he’s really smiling because he can’t feel anything. This is really making him nervous, add the fact that Myungsoo’s now staring at him, obvious that he has so many questions to ask.

 

“What’s going on here? Did we interrupt something?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“Not really. I actually made all of this for you.” Sunggyu stated. Now that he’s having a normal conversation with Myungsoo, his nervousness slightly went away.

 

“For what? It’s not my birthday or something…” Myungsoo raised a brow.

 

“Actually, I have to tell you–”

 

Sunggyu’s words were stopped by a ringing sound. Turns out it was Myungsoo’s phone.

 

“Hello?” Myungsoo whispered over his phone.

 

Sunggyu just watched the younger as his eyes widened and turned to him.

 

“I need to go. My friend needs my help as soon as possible. I’m sorry. I’ll be back.”

 

And with that, Myungsoo left with Minsoo, leaving Sunggyu alone.

 

(A/N: Seriously. I love Sunggyu being alone and such. XD)

 

 

~*~o~*~

 

 

“Sungjong!” Myungsoo yelled, “Are you okay?”

 

A giggle.

 

“Seriously, you believed that a kid on a bicycle bumped into me and I’m bleeding to death?” Sungjong said, holding back his laugh.

 

“Jongie hyung is a liar! I don’t like you.” Minsoo said, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting.

 

“By the way, how did you know my number?” Myungsoo asked, lifting Minsoo carefully.

 

“I got it from the school; they kindly gave it to me.” Sungjong simply replied.

 

“I see. I hope that you’ll never call me again. Bye.” Myungsoo coldly said and turned around, making Sungjong face his back. How can he not? This guy – who he only met twice – interrupts an announcement that Sunggyu was about to say. Who knows, maybe he is finally going to confess his undying love for Myungsoo.

 

“Wait. I–” Sungjong helplessly mumbled.

 

“Save that for yourself. I don’t want to hear anymore from you.” And Myungsoo left along with Minsoo.

 

When the pair was already out of Sungjong’s sight, he whispered

 

“I like you.”

 

 

~*~o~*~

 

 

When Myungsoo came back at the candy shop, he was greeted by the same decorations, but with different persons.

 

“Oh, Myungsoo-ah, how was–”

 

“Where’s Sunggyu?” Hoya’s words were cut off by Myungsoo’s.

 

“I thought you were with him?” Woohyun – who miraculously approved Myungsoo’s closeness with Sunggyu – said with a glare.

 

“Someone called for me and I–”

 

“Don’t explain anymore, right now, I want you to know that Sunggyu hyung is already on his way to the nearest airport.” This time, Hoya was the one to cut off Myungsoo.

 

“What? Where? Why?” Myungsoo confusedly asked.

 

“He’s going to Japan, I think. And he’s leaving because there’s this guy who was much more eager to see a friend of his rather than to hear what Sunggyu hyung will have to say.” Woohyun replied.

 

With that, Myungsoo exited the shop and ran but was stopped by a guy on a motorbike – Woohyun.

 

“I hate to do this but for Sunggyu’s happiness, I will. Get on.”

 

Myungsoo doesn’t even know what Woohyun is talking about, but decided that he also wants Sunggyu to be happy, so he went on with it.

 

 

~*~o~*~

 

A/N: WAAAHH!! Thanks to my 39 subscribers!! I love you all!!
IT'S FREAKING RUSHED, ISN'T IT?? UGH. And the next chapter will be the last one. /gets shot (i did said that this was supposed to be a one-shot right? did i? XD)
Yep. It's Sungjong!! @noramaia guessed it right!!
Oh, I assure you that there is a possibility that this story won't end happily. XD (I'm out for a killing spree.) But, it's just a possibility. It depends on how my mind would work when I write the last chapter. Maybe some comments might make me change my mind. (¬__¬)