Infatuated

Love Is A Funny Thing (Kaisoo drabbles)

 

 

Jongin forces himself to look the other way when their eyes meet in the auditorium. He ignores the tingling feeling in his chest and instead of returning the smile that’s thrown his way, he focuses himself on the girl a few rows in front of him. Her name’s Choi Minhee. Long black hair, small face and a petite figure with voluptuous curves. Just the way he likes it. Big brown eyes with long eyelashes, female. Just the way he likes it.

The professor’s voice echoes throughout the auditorium and Jongin realizes he absolutely has no idea what the old man is going on about, instead his eyes are glued to the far right of the  classroom, where the boy from earlier is taking notes fervently. Jongin watches how the boy furrows his eyebrows as he concentrates on his notebook, every now and then lifting his head to take a look at the slides projected on the white screen. He watches the boy’s facial features, eyes stopping at the boy’s plump lips and Jongin wonders how it’d feel to have those lips agains— Jongin shakes his head, ridding himself from all the inappropriate thoughts. He tries throwing his attention back to the lecture, but he can’t quite take his off Do Kyungsoo—that’s the boy’s name— and he can’t quite get rid of the tugging in his chest either. Jongin doesn’t understand. Because after all he’s the Kim Jongin. And Kim Jongin likes girls. Girls with a small waist and big s and Kyungsoo had as far as he knew neither. So Jongin convinces himself that this is just an infatuation. Something he’ll get over soon.  Something temporary, casually dismissing the fact that this had been going on ever since the boy became his roommate seven months ago.

 

It really is just an infatuation Jongin reminds himself once again when he’s back in the confines of his room, sneaking glances at Kyungsoo from the corner of his eyes. The elder is on the phone with a certain Luhan-hyung—probably his boyfriend—Jongin thinks and he cringes at how Kyungsoo’s voice sounds so sickingly sweet every time the name leaves his lips. It’s not jealousy Jongin convinces himself. It’s just irritating him because it’s distracting him from studying. That’s all.

 

 

This isn’t love. It’s merely an infatuation.

 

 

So when Friday comes and Jongin arrives at Joonmyun’s house in his best shirt, it’s merely because he likes going to parties well dressed and definitely not because he heard Kyungsoo talk about it with Luhan on the phone. Jongin’s eyes immediately spot the boy in the back of the living room—accidentally—it’s not like he was searching for him or anything. Their eyes meet and Jongin once again forces himself to look the other way, missing the hurt in Kyungsoo’s eyes when he does so.

“Oppa, I didn’t know you’d be here.” Choi Minhee’s voice rings in his ears and when he turns to look at her he never thought he’d be repulsed by her appearance. Make-up overdone, dress way too revealing. Jongin’s eyes drift to back to Kyungsoo, who’s dancing with some guy—probably Luhan—and Jongin’s not sure why his first reaction is to pull Minhee closer to him and start dancing too. The music is intoxicating and before he knows it he’s moving his body to the beat with everything he got and he’s pretty sure Kyungsoo’s eyes are on him, just like everyobody else’s. And for the first time in 7 months his eyes never leave Kyungsoo’s once their eyes meet. And he isn't sure if it's the music or his heart that's making his chest thump.

 

 

This isn’t love. It’s merely an infatuation.

 

 

“I didn’t know you were such a good dancer.” Jongin’s heart flutters at the compliment and he can’t help from letting a smile creep onto his face, he hopes it doesn’t look too creepy. Because creepy is the last thing Jongin wants to look like in front of Kyungsoo.

“I’ve been taking classes since I was young so it’s not that big a thing.”  Jongin desperately hopes he’s not blushing.

It’s morning and Jongin’s in his room with Kyungsoo, for the first time actually having a real conversation with him. Sure they talked before, since they’re roommates they couldn’t really go without sharing the occasional ‘Is this yours?’ or ‘Can you turn your music down a bit?’. Jongin wanted to talk to him, but he never really was good at communicating with people. He had friends but they usually did most of the talking and the girls asking him out usually just cared about what was on the outside. But this was an actual conversation coming from both sides. Jongin found out a lot about Kyungsoo. That the older boy loved singing and cooking. And that Luhan—much to his relieve—was just a good friend. Jongin finds out Kyungsoo is really easy to talk to and in just a few weeks their usual silent evenings together in the dorm became filled with laughter and talks about this and that. And every time, Jongin pretends there aren’t any electric currents running through his body whenever Kyungsoo smiles.

 

 

This isn’t love it’s merely an infatuation.

 

 

It’s a Thursday night when Jongin returns to his dorm late. He didn’t mean to wake Kyungsoo but he already sees the boy sitting on the edge of his bed, rubbing his eyes in a cute manner.

He makes his way over to Kyungsoo’s bed, sitting next to him. “Sorry if I woke you.”

“It’s okay, how did your date go?” Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin, eyes still sleepy, shirt half ed. Jongin gulps.

He brushes off the question, saying it couldn’t really be called a date when there’s only one person talking and the other isn’t interested at all because his mind is on someone else—okay so he doesn’t really mention that last part—but he could’ve sworn he sees the corner of Kyungsoo’s mouth turn upwards when he hears about the failed date. Jongin’s heart jumps.

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

Jongin chuckles and brings his head close to Kyungsoo’s, looking him in the eyes. “You’re not really sorry, are you?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes grow wide and he stammers something incomprehensible as he tries to look at anywhere but Jongin’s face. Jongin thinks it’s cute. It’s really cute. Jongin gulps again. He desperately wants to lean in because his heart is doing erratical things. But his mind isn’t thinking the same, because this isn’t love, he’s straight, this can’t be love.

This isn’t love. Jongin thinks again, still staring at Kyungsoo’s nervous face, scanning his features before stopping at his lips.

 

This isn’t love. Jongin inches in closer.

 

This isn’t love, it's—Jongin decides he doesn’t care what it is, he really wants to kiss Kyungsoo right now and he does exactly just that. The kiss is sweet. Kyungsoo tastes like honey and candy and Jongin smiles against the boy’s lips when he feels Kyungsoo's hands pulling him closer, making him deepen the kiss.

 

This isn’t love. It’s—

 

 

 

It’s—

 

 

 

 

Okay, it’s probably love.

 

 


A/N: A drabble that got out of hand and ended up longer than planned XD Sorry if it's rushed... because I didn't plan for a oneshot at all, so I tried to keep it short... hmm hope it turned out okay..

And as some of you may have noticed I deleted original chapter 4... I'm sorry I really wasn't happy with how that turned out. But I did read the comments about that chapter, thank you so much for liking it. So here's what i'm gonna do i'll just maintain the storyline, make a few changes and make it longer and then post it again when it's done.

so @raqueseobi and @berry_berry: looks like you'll get your continuation :D

Thank you for reading ^^ <3