Good Morning

Love Is A Funny Thing (Kaisoo drabbles)

 

warning: a unicorn passed by and pooped some rainbows on this drabble while I was writing :/ so yeah you've been warned

 

 

It’s a Saturday, which means he doesn’t have to go to school. He asks his mom if he can go to the house next door to hang out with the neighbors’ son. He likes staying over at the Do family’s house even though he knows their son doesn’t really like him that much. The doe eyed boy always tells him over and over again how annoying he is and that he should stay away, but that doesn’t bother him too much. He likes the boy too much to stay away. He likes the boy’s frowning face that looks rather cute instead of angry, really. He likes how the boy’s voice sounds whenever he says his name. “Jongin-ah,” he’d say in an angry tone, but it’s not scary at all. It’s sweet. And Jongin likes it. Jongin likes it all.

His mom always agrees on letting him play with Kyungsoo of course, having taken a liking to the little boy herself. Whenever Kyungsoo’s parents aren’t home she’s more than glad to take it on her to look after the little kid who, unlike Jongin, voluntarily helps with setting the table and preparing dinner.

Jongin knocks on the Do family’s door eagerly, a big grin sporting his face when Kyungsoo’s older brother opens the door and lets him in. He takes off his shoes as fast as he can, and says his greetings to Mr. and Mrs. Do before dashing up the stairs towards Kyungsoo’s room.

When he opens it, he spots Kyungsoo sitting on the floor by the window, back turned towards him. Jongin silently sneaks up behind him with the intent to scare Kyungsoo once he’s near enough, but he stops in his tracks when he hears little sobs coming from the boy’s small figure. “Kyungsoo?”

“Don’t come near me.” Kyungsoo says, almost choking on his tears.

For a moment Jongin isn’t sure what to do. He’s never been in this type of situation before. Whenever he cried, his sisters would just hit him in the head and tell him not to be such a baby, but he couldn’t really do something like that to Kyungsoo now could he?

Jongin cautiously walks over to the boy beside the window, gently placing his hand on his trembling shoulder. “Are you okay?”

Kyungsoo finally looks up at him, lips trembling and eyes filled with tears. Jongin can feel his heart leap into his throat. He doesn’t like seeing Kyungsoo like this, but he can’t help but think that the boy’s teary face looks incredibly beautiful. He stares at Kyungsoo for a while before noticing the bruise on the boy’s chin, not far below his bottom lip.

“What happened?”

Kyungsoo casts his eyes down, tears never ceasing to roll down his cheek. “I f-fell down.”

The bruise did look painful to Jongin. He really feels sorry for the boy and honestly wants to make him feel better. But he’s not sure how, so he decides to lean forward and kiss the place where the bruise is, lips almost touching Kyungsoo’s bottom lip. Jongin stays like that until he is pushed away harshly.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Kyungsoo’s eyes are wide, but there’s a light pink coloring his cheeks.

Jongin pouts. “My mom always kisses the place where I have an owie.”

“B- but, boys aren’t supposed to kiss each other!” Kyungsoo yells and storms out of his bedroom.

Jongin can’t help but smile and touch his lips as he watches Kyungsoo run away. At least he stopped crying.

 

-

 

It's a Sunday morning, which means he doesn't have to go to work. It's still early, but Jongin awakes because a hand is slowly making its way under his shirt. He smiles. “What are you doing?”

“Good morning Jongin.” Kyungsoo coos in a sweet singsong voice.

Jongin cracks an eye open, only to be startled by the close proximity of his boyfriend’s face. Kyungsoo’s smiling and Jongin can’t help but smile back. Kyungsoo’s eyes are bit swollen, Jongin notices, from not having enough sleep. But he thinks it’s adorable. He closes his eyes again— he’s still tired himself and wants to resume his sleep— but he’s stopped by the touch of Kyungsoo’s lips on his own.

“I thought boys aren’t supposed to kiss each other.” Jongin murmurs lazily.

Kyungsoo pulls back. “You still remember that? That was more than ten years ago.”

“How can I not remember? You were so cute,” Jongin chuckles and lifts his arm to run his hand through Kyungsoo’s hair. "Boys aren't supposed to kiss each other!" He repeats, mimicking a child's voice.

Kyungsoo slaps Jongin's arm playfully, pouting. "I didn't sound like that!"

Jongin just laughs. Because Kyungsoo hasn't changed at all. Whenever he frowns, it's still cute rather than intimidating. Whenever he says Jongin's name in an angry tone, his voice is sweet and not scary at all. And Jongin thinks he himself hasn't changed at all either. He still likes it all. Everything's the same, even after all those years.

Only now the boy likes him back. 

 

 

 


 

A/N: okay I think I have never written a drabble so quick before XD 

Also thank you to fluffykaisoosyndicate for recommending my drabbles Ö  It's a blog that only recommends fluffy kaisoo fics or at least fics with happy endings, so check it out! (I'm not sure if my drabbles even deserve to be there between all those other really really good fluffy fics tbh ;~~;) 

As always thank you so much for commenting and subscribing! All the comments are so cute keke ^^

bbye ~^^