The Perfect Princess

I Found Your Cat


Park Bom casually walked the long school corridor towards the teacher's lounge at the end of the hallway. The clacking of her two-inch heels echoed. Students made way for her as if it was the most natural thing to do. Some students took out their phone to take a picture of Cheonan Girls' High School's own princess. Some called her name. Bom faced the students and flashed an angelic smile before she entered the teacher's lounge. Inside, the teachers admired her as she gracefully walked over her class adviser Ms. Choi.

"Park Bom-ah," Ms. Choi greeted her.

"Seonsangnim," Bom bowed a perfect 90-degree bow. "You've called for me?"

Ms. Choi motioned her student to sit down. She handed Bom a stack of papers with a smile.

"Congratulations, Park Bom-ah." Ms. Choi started as Bom looked over the paper. "You've gotten the highest grade in class once again. And I have good news."

"What is it, seonsangnim?" Bom asked. A white letter envelope fell from between the stack of papers. Bom picked it up and recognized the logo on the envelope - Yonsei University.

"You've been accepted to Yonsei University for their Pre-Medicine degree." Ms. Choi said and shook Bom's hands.

Bom flashed her a perfect smile with not too much teeth showing and tilted her head to the side.

"Thank you very much seonsangnim," Bom started. "If it wasn't for your guidance I wouldn't reach this far."

"Ahh, Park Bom-ah, in a few months you will graduate high school. I'm sure your parents are so proud raising a very good daughter like you.

"Ne, thank you for your compliment, seonsangnim." Bom bowed her head again.

"Ah, I'm sure you're excited to tell the news to your parents. You can go home now."

"Thank you," Bom bowed her 90-degree bow again. On the way out, she smiled and greeted all the teachers who congratulated her. In the hallway, students stopped what they were doing to stare and admire at their princess. Bom gracefully walked to the stairs and never forgot to smile at those who greeted her.

"Bom-unni," a group of students approached her. Bom stopped to turn around. Her skirt twirled perfectly along her long legs. She smiled at the younger students in front of her.

"Unni, we made this today in class." A short girl with pigtails held a box of oatmeal cookies in front of Bom. The freshly baked smell wafted over the hallway. Bom accepted it with a smile and the short girl blushed.

"Gomawo, I'll surely enjoy eating this."

"Unni, unni, this is for you too." a girl wearing thick glasses said while holding a heart shaped lollipop with the word "Princess" written on it.

"Gomawo, I'll enjoy this as well." Bom replied with a smile. She started to walk down the stairs and heard the other students shouting praises for her.

"Unni, Cheonan Yeogo will miss you once you graduate!"

"Unni, hwaiting!"

"Do well in university, unni."

Bom demurely smiled at them and gave a little wave with her hands to acknowledge their praises. She reached the ground floor and slowly looked left and right if anyone is around. She saw the coast was clear and made a dash to the girl's bathroom. She locked herself in the cubicle and sighed.

"Aishh, my face is so sore from too much smiling." Bom bitterly thought as she frowned and gave her cheeks a massage. "Just a few more months and I'm out of this school."

Bom opened her bag and searched for something. She found the white envelope in between her books. She took it out and stared at it with no emotion on her face. It was still unopened but she knew what was written in the letter inside. She brushed her finger over the shield logo of the university.

"So I'm going to Yonsei, huh?" She thought as she held the envelope over the toilet. She was about to throw the unopened envelope on the toilet and flush it when she heard footsteps entering the bathroom.

"Bom-unni's so pretty." a voice said.

"I'm so envious of her." another voice replied.

"Envious. Of me? Why are you envious of my life?" Bom bitterly asked herself.

"Yah, but how come she has no friends at school? Some people say she is a loner."

"Pabo~ do you think our Bom-unni is a loner? She has no friends in school because no one is fit to be her friend here. She's way beyond us."

"Eh? Is that so?"

"And I heard rumors, our princess doesn't mingle with ordinary people like us. Her friends are all from the top society and even royalties from foreign countries."

"Ahh~ araseo araseo. As expected from our princess." The footsteps went away and the door shut close.

"So that's how rumors about me go, eh? Not bad." Bom thought and gave her face one last massage. She stuffed the envelope inside her bag. She went out the cubicle and admired her reflection in the mirror. She fixed her long hair and reapplied lipgloss over her perfectly shaped lips. "Is this really me?" she asked herself. She threw the tube of lipgloss inside her bag and walked out the bathroom, facing the afternoon sun with a smile.

~~

Cheonan Girl's High School & Yonsei Uni are real by the way (^-^) My LuHan's a student of Yonsei hihihi

Thank you for taking your time to read my story. Please subscribe if you like it and comments are always appreciated.

The mysterious cat will appear next chapter <3