Leave out all the rest

The Song of Your Life

Annyeong ^^ 

So first one shot of the collection :D I hope it's not too boring kekeke ^^ any way, the song his ''Leave out all the rest'' by Linkin park (for those who wants to know ^^) Please enjoy and don't forget to subscribe and comment ^^

And sorry if there's mistakes, I'll try to corect them tomorrow ^^'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I dreamed I was missing

You were so scared

But no one would listen

‘Cause no one else cared

 

I wished it could have only been a dream. A nightmare from which I could have easily woke up. But it wasn’t.

‘’Mir!’’ I heard my friend shouted before feeling the pain. My hands automatically touched my chest. On my fingers there was blood, too much blood. I felt my legs weakening and I fell on my knees. Before I could hit the ground, my hyung caught me and gently made my head lie on his legs. He called for help, but no one answered him. We were alone in this dark alley and I would be dead by the time an ambulance comes. As soon as he realized it, he bent his head over me and his tears dropped on my face.

‘’J-Joon… A-am I gonna die?’’ I asked, though I already knew I wouldn’t make it through this.

‘’Don’t speak nonsense, pabo! Nobody’s gonna die tonight, do you hear me? Nobody!’’ He was trying to comfort me, but I knew he didn’t think what he had said. He knew just as much as me that I would never see the sun again. 

 

After my dreaming

I woke up with this fear

What am I leaving

When I’m done here

 

 

I never believe in those movies where the dying person sees her life just before passing out. But at that right moment, knowing I would die, I thought about my life. What have I made in this world? What if nobody remembers me after my death? Should I have done more? Should I have been a better rapper for my fans, a better maknae for my hyung, a better son for my parents? Should I have told Joon about my feelings? There were so many things I wished I could change, but it was too late now. I was going to die here, in Joon’s arms, and there was nothing I could do about it. At least, I would die peacefully in my loved one’s arms.

‘My loved one’s arms…’ Then, I realized what I had to do.

 

So if you’re asking me

I want you to know

 

 

‘’Joon…’’ I whispered through two coughs.

‘’Shh, don’t speak Mireu, keep your strength, you’ll need it.’’ Hyung stopped me. But I was determined for once in my life. I had something to say and I was going to say it.

 

When my time comes

Forget the wrong that I’ve done

Help me leave behind some

Reasons to be missed

 

 

''Hyung... C-can you do something for me?''

''I'll do everything you want me to do Mireu!''

I coughed and blood came out of my mouth. It was probably a bad idea to continue to talk, but I had no choice. I wanted to leave peacefully and that was the only way I could think of.

''T-tell my parents I'm sorry for not being the son they wanted. Tell G.O. hyung that I never meant to when I told him his voice wasn't as beautiful as other main vocalists. Tell Thunder hyung I'm sorry for getting jealous every time people would mistake him for the maknae. And tell SeungHo hyung I never wanted to be a burden for him and thank him for all the times he listened to me.'' I said that as quickly as I could. I wanted to be sure that I could repair everything I have wrong.

''Y-you'll tell them yourself when we go back to the dorm...'' Joon said between two sobs. But we both knew I would never return to our dorm and I had to be sure he would give my message to everybody.

''P-please. Promise me you'll tell them...''

 

''I-I promise Mireu!'' He said as he looked in my eyes. I felt my strength slowly leaving me, but I couldn't die now. I still had to tell him one last thing.

 

Don’t resent me

And when you’re feeling empty

Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest

Leave out all the rest

 

 

 

‘’Joonie…’’

More blood splashed on his shirt and mine but it didn’t really matter as we were already soaked.

‘’W-what?’’

I could see in his eyes that he didn’t want me to speak and I knew why. But I didn’t care, I had to tell him. I searched my words because it was the last time I could confess to someone. I was happy it was for Joon. I’ve loved before, but never as much as I loved him.

‘’I-I wanted to tell you e-earlier but I could think of a p-proper way to do it. M-maybe I was a-a bit scared also… Joon hyung, I-I love you. M-more than I’ve ever l-love somebody.’’

His sobs intensified. ‘’Mireu, I love you too!’’

I couldn’t help but smile.

‘’Isn’t i-it ironic?’’

‘’W-why is it ironic?’’ How can he be such a pabo.

‘’We j-just confessed to each other, b-but we’ll never be together.’’ I said, almost giggling at the irony.

‘’Why couldn’t we be together Mireu?’’

‘’Because I’m going to die soon…’’ I whispered, more and more tired.

 

Don’t be afraid

I’ve taken my beating

I’ve shared what I made

 

 

I looked once again in his eyes, I wanted them to be the last thing I would see before going away. They reflected a mix of sadness and anger.

‘’Yah! I said nobody’s going to die tonight and that includes you!’’ He shouted at me. I would like to believe his words, but deep inside him, even he knew that I wouldn’t make it through the night.

‘’S-stop believing that J-Jooni. You’re o-only making things w-worst for you…’’

‘’Shut up! I’m sure an ambulance will come soon! I’m sure of that so you have to stay alive until it comes, arasseo?’’

I stopped arguing with him. There was nothing I could say to make him see he was speaking nonsense. Few seconds passed by, though it felt like hours. I was starting to shiver uncontrollably.

‘’Joon? I-I’m cold.’’ As soon as I said it, he tightened his hug with me and I felt safe in his arms. But I was still afraid.

 

I’m strong on the surface

Not all the way through

I’ve never been perfect

But neither have you

 

 

 

‘’H-Hyung, I’m so scared.’’

‘’Don’t be, baby, everything’s going to be ok, I promise!’’ Joon forced a smile at me. I tried to smile back, but only provoked another splashing of blood.

‘’I-I think I’ve always b-been scared. And not o-only of dying. I’ve been scared of so m-many things in my life…’’ I said before realizing I shed my first tear of the night while saying that.

‘’You don’t have to be scared anymore. I’ll always protect you…’’

 

So if you’re asking me

I want you to know

 

 

‘’But you know what? It doesn’t matter anymore.’’ My voice was becoming more and more inaudible.

‘’W-why? Shouldn’t it matter now?’’ Joon asked, confused.

 

When my time comes

Forget the wrong that I’ve done

Help me leave behind some

Reasons to be missed

 

 

 

 

‘’Not really. Now I’m g-going somewhere where I can w-watch over all the ones I love. I’ll protect them f-from there since I failed to protect t-them here. I just wish they w-won’t cry a lot for me. It would be a w-waste of time…’’

As I was explaining that, I realized it was true. I’ve never been able to protect my loved one from crying all the time I’ve been alive. I would be more useful for them in heaven.

‘’You never failed to protect anybody.’’ Joon interrupted my thoughts. ‘’ You’re one of the most beautiful person I’ve ever met. So don’t leave me alone here, Mireu. I need you…’’

 

Don’t resent me

And when you’re feeling empty

Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest

Leave out all the rest

 

 

 

My eyes widened as much as they could with the little strength I still had. I never thought someone would need me. I thought I was that one person that nobody liked. Looks like I was wrong. At least I could have heard it from my soul mate before dying.

‘’Joon…D-don’t waste too much time on c-crying over me. Live your life at the fullest. For me…’’

We suddenly heard sirens coming nearer. Joon’s face brightened.

‘’Did you hear that? It’s probably an ambulance! Mir, you’re gonna be alright!’’

I was about to smile, but before I could, I fainted in his arms. All my strength were gone. Forever…

 

Forgetting all the hurt inside you’ve learned to hide so well

Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself

I can’t be who you are

 

 

 

‘’His pulse is too low!’’

‘’We’ll be there in 4 minutes.’’

‘’Hurry up!’’

‘’Damn, how did he managed to live for so long. He’s a tough one, maybe we won’t lose him.’’

I was still able to hear people talking. I wasn’t completely dead by now and it was a miracle. But two miracles in one night, I knew it was too much to ask. I wanted to wake up and tell them all to just stop wasting their time on me. However, all I could do was to lay there, unconscious, and listen to them. Above the other voices, I heard one I knew very well.

‘’MIREU! You promised to protect me so wake up! How can I live without you, huh? Wake up Mireu! WAKE UP!’’ Joon’s shouts were breaking my heart. I tried even harder to stay alive after hearing him. I even managed to squeeze a bit his hand that was holding mine.

‘’He just pressed my hand! I swear!’’

‘’Sir, it’s almost impossible…’’

Joon didn’t argue but he knew I was fighting to stay alive. And that’s all I wanted. To make him know that, if I was going to die tonight, it wouldn’t be without fighting.

 

When my time comes

Forget the wrong that I’ve done

Help me leave behind some

Reasons to be missed

Don’t resent me

And when you’re feeling empty

Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest

Leave out all the rest

 

 

‘’What happened?’’

‘’He got shot in the chest. His left lung is touch.’’

‘’Damn.’’

At the hospital, the doctors hurried up as soon as I arrived. I guess I was in really bad conditions. Strangely, I couldn’t feel any pain. Maybe it was because I had lost too much blood. I didn’t really care, all I cared about was the fact that Joon was still holding my hand. He was even fighting against the doctors who were trying to get him away. I knew he was just complicating their work so I squeezed his hand again to make him understand it was ok. Fortunately, he got my message and calmed down. Once he went out, I felt lonelier than ever. However, I knew someone was waiting for me. I guess that’s what made me fight for so long.

They tried to save me for almost an hour. But I just couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t have any energy left, so I just let go. And my last thought was to Joon. Him and the future we could have had together.

Yes, you can say I died as a happy man.

 

Forgetting all the hurt inside you’ve learned to hide so well

Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself

I can’t be who you are

 

 

A year after my death, Joon started to be happy again. He started going out with his friends and soon, he found a girl to be with. I could have been jealous, if it wasn’t for his visits. Every day, he would come to my grave and talk to me. That’s how I learned he would never forget me. That’s why I decided to watch over his girlfriend. I just want him to be happy.

‘’Be happy, my angel. I’ll wait for you forever.’’