During Lunch

Suju Love Stories (VampiresxHumans)

Ryeowook's POV:

     Leeteuk, Heechul, and I got our lunches and stood searching for an empty table. I spotted Kibum hyung waving at me to come over. 

     "Hyung, Kibum wants us to go sit with him." I told Leeteuk and Heechul. We started to head to Kibum's table and sat down. 

     "Hey, yo." Kibum said as he and Heechul did their high-five and bump their shoulders to one another. It's their way of greeting each other. I started to eat my lunch but Kibum punch me on the arm. Not too hard, but hard enough to get my attention. I stopped and looked at him.

     "Wookie, how was your classes?" He asked.

     "Good." I answered as I looked away and continued eating.

     "Are you sure? I heard some of your classmates say that you're sitting by one of the Vampires, our school's biggest bully." This time putting one arm around my neck. I froze and thought of Yesung.

     "Yeah." I lied. I wasn't really sure but I know Kibum's going to keep on asking me more questions. He just look away and started to eat after he let go of my neck. Then, I saw some girls coming up to us.

     "Yah, is there anyone whose name is Kim Ryeowook?" One of them asked. I stiffened when I heard my name.

     "M-me." I answered with a stutter. I put my head down. I saw her scoffed.

     "What do you want with him?! And who are you?!" Heechul said almost screaming. She rolled her eyes at him.

     "I'm Tiffany. And I just want to say that don't even dare to touch Ddangkoma again!" I raised an eye brow at her. 

     "Who is Ddangkoma?" I asked and Tiffany scoffed again.

     "That turtle you picked up earlier in class. Do you even know who that turtle belongs to?!" She said and I shook my head.

     "That turtle belongs to Yesung." I looked up at her when she mentioned Yesung.

     "Yes. Yesung, a member of the Vampires and the one who you sit near in Math!" She screamed at me causing everyone in the cafeteria to look at us. Heechul got so angry, he stood up.

     "SO, THAT'S YESUNG'S TURTLE NOT YOURS! IF HE'S PISSED, THEN WHY WON'T HE COME AND SCREAM AT US?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO IT?! IS HE THAT SCARED?!" I looked up at Tiffany and saw her getting angry at Heechul, so I got up backing Heechul away from her.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to touch his turtle." I explained immediately.

     "I accidently tripped on it and I was afraid that someone else might trip, kicked, step, kill, or hurt it so I just picked it up and put it on the counter and left. If he thinks I'm trying to hurt it, tell him I apologize and I won't ever touch Ddangkoma again." I said with a bow. My eyes were almost tearing. She just stared at me for a moment.

     "Okay then. But if you dare to touch Ddangkoma again, Yesung's going to have to do something you'll regret." I nodded then she left. Heechul hugged me. He walked me to my seat and I continued to eat. Everyone else too. 

     "I forgive you, Ryeowook. Even Ddangkoma thanked you for trying to protect him. I also don't mind you touching him." I looked up and searched around the cafeteria. Then I spotted Yesung looking at me. I looked away immediately.