|-5-| How their story ended

Second Chance

 

Dara slowly fluttered her eyes open. She sat right up at her bed and roamed her eyes around her room. Another day. She sighed. She set aside the blanket that has been covering her waist down. She then climbed down from her bed and dragged her feet towards the bathroom.

 

 

Now that she has realized her feeling for Jiyong, all she can feel at the moment is regret and sadness. She looked at herself at the mirror and grimaced seeing her look. I look like a mess. She thought. Her hair in complete disarray, her eyes puffy, and her nose really red.

 

 

She reached out for a comb on one of her cabinets but stopped in midway when she caught a glimplse of what was inside. There, sitting on a mug, is Jiyong’s blue toothbrush. She smiled bitterly at the toothbrush and continued to get the comb. She closed the cabinet with a heavy heart and started combing her hair.  

 

 

“I should take a bath if I don’t want them to see me like this.” Dara said to herself then she placed down the comb on the sink and went to the shower stall. She disregarded all her clothes along the way. As soon as the water runs from the shower, her tears run as well from her eyes.

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Oh my God! What happened to you?!” Bom exclaimed as soon as she was in the view. Dara is the first one to arrive at the meeting place. Bom and Seunghyun decided to just invite their friends over their house for they can’t leave their two-year old son alone. Dara went straight to the garden when Bom is setting up a table.

 

 

“Hi to you too, Bom.” Dara went to her and kissed her friend’s cheek. She faked a smiled then plopped herself on the chair.

 

 

“Again, I’m asking you. What happened to you?” Bom asked impatiently as she sat beside Dara while examing her friend’s face.

 

 

“Nothing, Bom. I just overslept.” Dara said and shifted her gaze away Bom.

 

 

“Overslept?!” Bom asked incredulously. Dara just hummed and nodded her head.

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Bom slapped her shoulders. Dara looked at Bom again with a furrowed eyebrow. “Tell me the truth, Dara. What’s wrong?” Bom asked again. Dara just remained quiet, not minding Bom.

 

 

Bom gasp exasperatingly. “You cried yourself to sleep!” Bom said. Dara continued being quite while her gaze locked on the fountain at the far right of Bom and Seunghyun’s garden.

 

 

“Why?” Bom asked and grabbed Dara’s shoulders and made Dara to face her.

 

 

“It’s nothing, Bom. Don’t worry about it.” Dara smiled, hoping for Bom to drop the topic.

 

 

“No, Dara. Tell me. Now! Or do you want me to choke it out from you?” Bom threatened. Dara just rolled her eyes and looked away from Bom. “Don’t you dare roll your eyes at me, Dara!” Bom shrieked.

 

 

“Fine!” Dara sighed in defeat. There’s no choice but to tell everything to Bom. “I just missed mom and dad badly.” She looked away as she told a lie.

 

 

“I know you’re lying to me, Dara. We’re Park Sisters for nothing.” Bom said as she pointed her fingers at Dara with her eyes turned into tiny slits. Dara groaned inwardly. She prayed that one of their friends will arrive at the moment for Bom to just stop interrogating her and let it pass.

 

 

“Is it about Ji?” Bom asked out of the blue. Dara’s eye widens.  She looked at Bom again to deny it but what she saw in Bom’s eyes made her tears want to burst out from her eyes again. Bom saw the hurt that flashed through Dara’s eye. She gasps softly and grabbed Dara’s shoulders and hugged her tight.

 

 

The moment Dara felt Bom’s warmth surrounds her, all her pretense broke. Her shoulders shook as her tears continuously fell from her eyes. Bom’s eyes tears up hearing Dara’s broken sobs. She comfortingly caressed Dara’s back as she just stayed quiet, letting Dara to let it all out.

 

 

“I’m so stupid, Bom. I’m so stupid.” Dara said in between sobs.

 

 

“Shhhh. It’s alright, Dara. It’s alright.” Bom continued comforting her.

 

 

“I love him, Bom. But it’s too late now. He’s getting married already.” Dara said again.

 

 

“I shoud’ve accepted his proposal way back then. But I got scared and pushed him away. I’m so stupid.” Dara mumbled as she continued to sob. Bom’s eyes widen. She held Dara’s shoulder and pushed her gently away from her and looked directly at her eyes. Bom fliched seeing pain in her eyes.

 

 

“Jiyong proposed to you?” Bom asked. Dara just nodded.

 

 

“When?” Bom asked again.

 

 

“The night of your wedding. When we got home, he asked me to marry him. But I declined. I didn’t accept his proposal because I got scared and at that time, I don’t have any plans on getting married and settling down. I haven’t realized that I started growing some feelings for Jiyong.” Dara sobbed again. Bom pulled her again to her and let Dara cried her eyes out. Bom don’t know what to say. It will be unfair to Kiko if she will side with Dara and it will be unfair to Dara if she will judge her. Bom looked up at the sky and prayed to God that somehow, everything will be on its right place.

 

 

Unknown to them, Kiko was just there standing behind the doors and had heard their conversation. She looked at Dara, who is still sobbing on Bom’s shoulders. She fights the tears that wanted to escape her eyes. She knew Jiyong and Dara’s story and she witnessed how hard it is for Jiyong to move on. She was there beside Jiyong when he was almost suicidal. She was the one who rescued him from depression.

 

 

Kiko turned around and faced the door. “I’m sorry, Dara.” Kiko mumbled to herself and looked again at the garden and started her tracks towards the door and got out of Bom and Seunghyun’s house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Oh. What are you doing here, hon?” Jiyong looked at his door and saw Kiko standing there. He went to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I thought you wanted to go there first?” Jiyong then pecked her cheeks as he settled her on his bed and he went to his mirror to fix his hair.

 

 

“Ji, do you remember the first time we met?” Kiko asked. Not minding what Jiyong asked her first. Jiyong turned around and looked at her.

 

 

“Of course, I do.” Jiyong then chuckled at the memory. “I was so drunk that night that I don’t know what I was doing. But I was thankful I did that.” Jiyong smiled lovingly at Kiko. He walked towards her and kneeled down in front of her.

 

 

“Ji, can you be honest with me?” Kiko asked as she looked directly at Jiyong’s eyes. Jiyong just nodded his head, completely clueless why Kiko is acting this way.

 

 

“Do you still love Dara, Ji?” Jiyong was taken aback with what Kiko asked him.

 

 

“Hon, you know that I love you and that is why we’re going to get married. Why are you asking such question? Stop thinking about that, okay? I love you.” Jiyong said as he caressed Kiko’s cheeks before planting a chaste kiss on her lips. But Kiko wanted to hear his answer.

 

 

“Please, Ji. Do you still love her?” Kiko asked again as a single tear escaped her eyes.

 

 

“I don’t want seeing you hurt, Kiko.” Jiyong said brokenly as he reached out his hand and wiped the tear on her cheek. Kiko lifted her hands up and rested it on Jiyong’s eyes.

 

 

“There, you won’t see me get hurt. Answer me, Jiyong. Do you still love her?” Kiko said as she bit her lips to stifle her cries.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong whispered but Kiko heard it loud and clear. Kiko felt something wet on her hands and realized that Jiyong must be crying.

 

 

“Close your eyes, Ji. Never open them until I say so.” Kiko said and when Jiyong nodded his head, she slowly took her hands again and looked at Jiyong’s face.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Ji.” Kiko whispered as she leaned down and kissed Jiyong’s cheek. Jiyong closed his eyes shut and fought the urge to open them. “Go after her, Ji. Be happy with her. She loves you too.” Kiko whispered in his ears. Jiyong opened his eyes and saw nothing. Kiko’s shadow was never in sight. He plopped his hands on the side of his knees as he bent his head down.

 

 

“I’m such a terrible, guy.” Jiyong muttered to himself. “I’ve hurt the girl who stood beside me through my darkest hour.” Jiyong said. Jiyong stood up from the floor and wiped the tears on his face. He looked himself at the mirror and sighed. I should do the right thing. Jiyong said to himself as he went to his bedside table and grabbed his car keys.

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Where the hell is your brother, Seungri?” Bom asked impatiently as they waited for Jiyong.

 

 

“I don’t know, noona. And where is Dara noona?” Asked Seungri.

 

 

“She..uhm.. She went somewhere else.” Bom said as she shifted her gaze and looked at the door that just opened. Jiyong went to the garden and immediately roamed his eyes around. He saw all his friends except for Dara. Jiyong turned his attention towards Bom.

 

 

“Where’s Dara?” He asked.

 

 

“Where’s Kiko noona, hyung?” Seungri asked but Jiyong ignored him.

 

 

“Where, Dara?” Jiyong asked Bom again.

 

 

“I don’t know. She said she will have some walk and…… Hey! Where are you going, Jiyong?!” Bom exclaimed, her wide eyes on Jiyong’s retreating back. Seungri was about to go after his brother but a hand is already holding his collar firmly. Seungri looked back and looked to see who was holding his clothes and saw his wife, Chaerin.

 

 

“Chaecat, let go of my collar now. I need to follow hyung and find out what is happening.” Seungri said as he looked pleadingly at his wife.

 

 

“Let them be, oppa.” Minzy said as she went neare to Daesung.

 

 

“Oh. Kiko’s calling.” Daesung exclaimed which made all the attention focused on him. “Yeoboseo…….. What?!.......... Are you sure?......... Are you okay?........ Call me when you got there, okay?” Daesung smiled sadly as he flipped his phone close.

 

 

“Kiko and Jiyong will not get married anymore.” Daesung announced sadly as he wrapped his arms around Minzy.

 

 

“Bwoh?!” All said at the same time except for Seunghyun.

 

 

“I knew it. I knew Kiko would back out from their wedding.” Seunghyun said. Bom looked confusingly at him.

 

 

“She was here a while ago, Bom. I saw her standing just behind that door.” Seunghyun turned around and pointed at the door of the garden. Bom’s eyes widen. “And she heard everything that you and Dara talked about.” Seunghyun continued.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Bom asked.

 

 

“I was about to approach her but then she turned around and left.” Seunghyun said as he wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist.

 

 

“What did you talk about earlier, Bom unnie?” Chaerin asked.

 

 

“Dara’s in love with Jiyong.” Bom said while her gaze locked on the sky. Everyone gasps with just one thought inside their mind; “Dara’s in love!”

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Dara walked with her head bowed down along Han River. After her talk with Bom, she decided to just go out for some walk and not to return to Bom and Seunghyun’s house once again. Now that she acknowledged that she is really in love with Jiyong, she just can’t stay in one place where she can see Jiyong being sweet to another girl. That is torture.

 

 

She continued walking and she started counting her steps. Some people might think she is crazy but she doesn’t care. She could’ve gone home to her apartment but that would just remind her of how she and Jiyong used to be. So she just stayed outdoors.

 

 

On her fifty-ninth step, a person stood in front of her. All she can see is the shoe the person is wearing and when she lifted her head up to look at the person, she gasped in shock.

 

 

Jiyong stood in front of her with an unreadable expression on his face. Dara roamed her eyes around his face and realized how much she has missed him for the past three years. Dara smiled hesitantly at him before bowing her head down again. What is he doing here? Dara asked herself for she can’t bring herself to voice out her mind.

 

 

“Look at me.” Jiyong said. Dara stiffened hearing his commanding voice. He only used this tone if he doesn’t want to be disobeyed. Dara slowly looked up at him and looked into his eyes. She was lost for a moment as she was drowned into the deepness of his orbs.

 

 

“Tell me the truth, Dara.” Jiyong said as he looked back at Dara’s eyes. “Do you love me?” Jiyong asked. Dara’s eye widen as she continued looking through his eyes.

 

 

“I…uh.. It doesn’t matter, Jiyong.” It took her awhile before finding her tongue and answering him.

 

 

“It is! It does matter, Dara! Answer me!” Jiyong raised his voice as he combed his hair in frustration.

 

 

“I said it doesn’t matter, Jiyong! You’re getting married. Just focus on y—“

 

 

“Answer me, God dammit!” Jiyong shouted. He doesn’t care if bystanders are looking at them weirdly. All he needs is for Dara to answer him. “Answ—“

 

 

“Yes!” Dara shouted with equal intensity. She don’t have any plans on telling Jiyong how she feels for he is already getting married and she doesn’t want to get in the way. But Jiyong is not helping her. “Yes! I love you! I was so stupid to just realize it now, but I do! I love you!” Dara said as she went to Jiyong and punched his chest continuously. “I love you. I’m sorry.” Dara whispered repeatedly. And when she got tired from punching him, she curled her fist and bowed her head before kneeling down. She buried her head on her palms as she cried painfully.

 

 

Jiyong dropped to his hunches and held Dara’s shoulders. “I’m sorry, Jiyong. I’m sorry.” Dara’s muffled voice was heard clearly by Jiyong. He squeezed Dara’s shoulders before roughly pulling her to him. Though shocked, she welcomed his warmth once again. She sobbed harder feeling his hug one again. “I’m sorry.” Dara repeated.

 

 

“Shhh.” Jiyong cooed as he caressed Dara’s back. “Stop crying now.” Jiyong said as he kissed the top of her head.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Dara mumbled again and again.

 

 

“Stop saying sorry.” Jiyong said as he hugged Dara tighter. Jiyong held her shoulders once again and gently pushed her to make her face him. When he already saw her face, he smiled.

 

 

“Hi.” He said. Dara just looked at him. “I love you.” Jiyong said with so much emotion that Dara’s tears threaten to fall again. But she fought it back.

 

 

“No.” Dara shook her head. “You love Kiko, Jiyong. You love her.” Dara said as she still shook her head.

 

 

 

“I love you.” Jiyong repeated again.

 

 

“Oh gosh.” Dara said painfully. “Stop playing with my feelings, Jiyong. I know I’ve hurt you way back and I regretted it. Up until this day I regret it all, but please don’t do this me.” Dara said as she bowed her head down. Jiyong held her chin and lifted her head up.

 

 

“I love you, Dara. I really do. I never stopped loving you. Please believe me.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“But you’re getting marrie—“

 

 

“Shhhh.” Jiyong said as he put his fingers on her lips to stop her from talking. “Kiko know how much I loved you and she knew that I can only find true happiness with you. She was the only who said that I should go after you.” Jiyong said as he pulled Dara into a hug.

 

 

“Oh God. I’m so sorry.” Dara said as she sobs again for she felt guilty. Guilty of a thing that she didn’t even do. “I’m sorry Jiyong. I’m so sorry.” Dara continued. Jiyong made her face him again and looked directly in her eyes.

 

 

“Stop saying sorry, Dara.” Jiyong caressed her face and gazed lovingly at her. “I love you.” He whispered

 

 

“I love you, too.” Dara whispered back. Jiyong smiled again before bending his head down and claiming Dara’s lips. Her tears immediately fell from her eyes, not because of sadness and pain, but because of happiness and love. She wrapped her hands around Jiyong’s neck and kissed him back.

 

 

“Marry me, Dara.” Jiyong said after they both pulled out from their kiss. Dara just looked at him lovingly, still not believing that the first man she had ever love and probably the last, is with her and asking her to marry him. “Marry me and have kids with me.” Jiyong said as he held Dara’s waist and pulled her to him closer.

 

 

“I will, Jiyong.” Dara smiled at him with tears of joy flowing from her eyes. “I will marry you and I will have kids with you.” Dara said. Jiyong smiled as he wiped her tears with his thumb before claiming her lips again. Dara smiled contentedly through their kiss as she savors the feeling of his lips on her. She surely wouldn’t let go of Jiyong again.

 

 

He and she can’t help but to utter a prayer as they thanked the havens for giving their story a second chance.  

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Author's Note: This is the end of this guys. :)) Thank you to all those who took time in reading it. Hope you enjoyed reading it 'coz I enjoyed writing it. Thank you once again. I love you all! :* Have a good day.