|-3-| Moving on

Second Chance

 

The next morning, Dara woke up with a heavy heart. She took her daily routines and when she opened her closet, she felt nothing but emptiness. She roamed her eyes through the spaces where Jiyong’s clothes were placed. All she can see now is the empty spaces on her closet. She picked out a simple jeans and a shirt and closed the closet.

 

 

“Stop thinking of nonsense, Dara.” She scolded herself as she shook her head. She drew in a deep breath and smiled to herself. She is free now. Maybe it’s time to look for someone new? She thought to herself as she smiled at her idea.

 

 

She put on her clothes and sprayed her favorite perfume before going outside and meeting the rest of her friends like how they used to every weekend.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Unnie, where is Jiyong oppa?” Minzy asked when she noticed that Dara arrived alone in their meeting place. Dara and Jiyong would usually come together whenever they have gatherings like this since they practically live in the same house.

 

 

Dara sat first at her chair before smiling at the youngest. “Jiyong is—“

 

 

“Hyung is in Japan right now, Minzy.” Seungri butted in. Minzy looked at him with question written all over her face.

 

 

“What is he doing there, oppa?” Minzy asked.

 

 

“He’s there to manage our company.” Seungri replied.

 

 

“Are you okay with a long distance relationship, unnie?” IU turned to Dara as she looked intently at the older girl.

 

 

“Jiyong and I don’t have a relationship in the first place, Ji Eun-ah. So I don’t care about it.” Dara cooly said as she took a sip on her iced tea. IU gasps softly hearing what Dara had said. Taeyang reached for his girlfriend’s hand and held it.

 

 

“Unnie, but how about the two years you’ve spent together? It seems to me that you two really had a relationship.” Chaerin said as she looked worriedly at her boyfriend then to her unnie.

 

 

“That’s what you call ‘no-strings-attached relationship’, Chaerin. And noona is really cool with it, right nonna?” Seungri asked. Dara whipped her head towards Seungri hearing his tone. It’s as if he is mocking her.

 

 

“Yeah. And Jiyong is really okay with it too. I guess we got bored with each other.” Dara said. Seungri stoop up from his chair and slammed his arms on the table furiously. All jumped in surprise except Dara. 

 

 

“More like you got bored with him, noona.” Seungri said while gritting his teeth before turning around and marching away from them. Chaerin looked back and forth towards Dara, who is sitting calmly on her seat while sipping on her iced tea, and Seungri’s retreating back. Chaerin then threw an apologetic smiled at Dara before standing up and following Seungri.

 

 

“What happened there, noona?” Taeyang asked as confusion is written all over his face.

 

 

“It’s just a misunderstanding, Taeyang.” Dara smiled at him before fishing out her phone and dialing a number.

 

 

“I have to go, guys. This is important.” Dara said as she stood up from her seat and waved her phone in front of the others. She smiled at them before turning her heels around and walking away.

 

 

“Time to get me someone new.” Dara thought as she skipped her way towards the restaurant where her officemate and she will be meeting in a few.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“When are you going to stop drowing yourself in alcohol, hyung?” Daesung entered Jiyong’s office and all he can he is scattered paper works on floor while Jiyong’s head is buried on the table. “As soon as you arrived this morning, the first that you looked for is a glass and a bottle of brandy.” Daesung said as he crouched on the floor and collected the papers.

 

 

“Just to remind you, hyung. You still have a company to run.” Daeung said as he placed the papers at the drawers where Jiyong’s hands couldn’t reach.

 

 

“I just need to heal a little.” Jiyong slurped as he looked at Daesung but saw nothing. He lifted his head and took another sip on his glass before leaning his head again on the table.

 

 

“But you have to stop this now, hyung. You won’t settle anything by being drunk.” Daesung tried reaching for the glass of brandy but failed. He groaned as he racked his hair in frustration.

 

 

“But I can forget everything when I’m drunk. Especially the pain.” Jiyong said as tears threaten to fall from his eyes. He firmly closed his eyes to prevent the tears to fall.

 

 

“You should just forget what ever happened in Korea, hyung. You should just focus on your company now.” Daesung said. Jiyong lifted his head once again and looked at his friend. He then smiled at him before nodding his head.

 

 

“Alright. Tomorrow. I’ll start tomorrow.” Jiyong took another sip from his glass. “I promise.” Jiyong raised his right palm in front of Daesung and smiled. Daesung can’t help but to shook his head. He then stood up from his seat and went to the door.

 

 

“We’ll start the work tomorrow, hyung. Get yourself together.” Daesung said before closing the door behind him. Jiyong nodded his head again and smiled.

 

 

“I promise I’ll try to move on.” Jiyong mumbled as he took again another sip of his brandy. 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

 

 

The weekend has past briefly that they didn’t notice it. Bom and Seunghyun are still on their honeymoon and don’t have any idea what had happened recently to their friends. Chaerin managed to talk to Seungri that afternoon when he walked out but the latter doesn’t want to tell her the reason why he got mad.

 

 

“Hey, you seem to be on deep thoughts.” Minho, Dara’s officemate and present fling, wrapped his arms around her waist while Dara looked at the city through their office roof top.

 

 

“No, I’m just thinking what you have for me later.” Dara turned around and wrapped her arms around Minho’s neck and winked at him. Minho growled before claiming her lips. Dara smiled through the kiss but something inside her chest tells her that his kiss is wrong. She just shook her thoughts away and kissed him back hungrily.

 

 

“We should finish our work now so we could go home early.” Dara suggested as they both pulled out from their kiss. Minho grinned naughtily at her before nodding his head. Dara smiled at him before turning around and walking towards the door.

 

 

Minho knew her circumstances and he is really okay with it. He said that he also doesn’t believe in those crappy s and he doesn’t have plans on getting married. Dara thought that they could last long for they have the same plans in life.

 

 

Dara focused on her work. She wanted to go home already and hit the comforts of her bed. She has been feeling something off ever since that week end with her friends. She shook her head and turned her attention on the pile of paper works in front of her.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Unnie!” Chaerin exclaimed when she saw Dara walking along the sidewalk with a guy that she hasn’t seen before. She walked to Dara with a smile plastered on her face.

 

 

“Chaerin.” Dara greeted with a smile. Chaerin owns a shop just near Dara’s work place. Chaerin looked at Dara then at the guy beside Dara.

 

 

“Oh, this is Minho by the way.” Dara said as she introduced him to her friend.

 

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Chaerin.” Chaerin said as she held her hand in front of Minho and the latter took it and shook it gently.

 

 

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Lee Minho.” Minho then flashed his killer smile and the girl can’t help but to smile back.

 

 

“Oh! We have same surnames.” Chaerin exclaimed excitedly which made Dara laughed lightly.

 

 

“Chae!” Chaerin turned her head around and saw Seungri crossing the street while shouting her name. She turned her head again to Dara’s direction and smiled at her.

 

 

“I thought you went home already without me.” Seungri said and wrapped his arms around Chaerin’s waist when he got to her side. Chaerin cleared and Seungri looked questioningly at her.

 

 

“Seungri, this is Lee Minho.” Chaerin said. Seungri turned his head and looked at the guy standing beside Dara.  “Dara unnie’s….uhm..” Chaerin then bit her lips and smiled shyly for she doesn’t know who this guy is in Dara’s life.

 

 

“I’m Dara’s friend.” Minho said and smiled at Chaerin before offering his hand at Seungri for a handshake. Seungri just ignored his hand and turned to Chaerin.

 

 

“I’ll be waiting in the car.” Seungri coldly said then started his tracks to the parking lot without even saying goodbye to Dara and Minho.

 

 

“Omo. I’m sorry for that Minho. Maybe he is just in a foul mood.” Chaerin bowed at him. Minho just shook his head and smiled.

 

 

“I’ll head first now, unnie. Good night.” Chaerin said then smiled to the two figures standing in front of her before turning her heels around and walked towards the parking lot.

 

 

“Let’s get going now?” Minho asked Dara when she just stood in her spot with eyes staring blankly ahead.

 

 

Dara whipped her head towards Minho and smiled sweetly at him. “Sure.” Minho then reached for her hands and intertwined his fingers with her. She grimaced when she felt nothing with his touch. All she felt is emptiness; emptiness that is slowly swallowing her.

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

“Hyung! We have to get you home now!” Daesung screamed near Jiyong’s ear to make sure that the latter heard him. Music blasted through the speakers.

 

 

“What?” Jiyong turned his head on the side and saw Daesung at his wits end. It has been three months since Jiyong came to Japan. Yes, he is managing the company really well but when night time will fall, Daesung have to roam around Tokyo and go to all the clubs just to find Jiyong.

 

 

“Let’s get you home now, hyung!” Daesung said as he held Jiyong’s elbow and guided him on standing up.

 

 

“No! I won’t come with you!” Jiyong shouted and roughly pulled his elbow away from Daesung’s hold. Daesung groaned and combed his hair in frustration.

 

 

“Come on, hyung!” Daesung pleaded as he tried to get a hold of Jiyong’s elbow once again.

 

 

“No!” Jiyong shouted much louder and turned his gaze away from Daesung. Daesung wanted to punch Jiyong unconscious right now so it will be easy for him to get him home. This has been their nightly routine for almost three months now.

 

 

“Excuse me? Is there some problems?” A girl with a short hair went to their side when she noticed that they were having some problems. And as the owner of the bar, she doesn’t want fights occurring inside her bar.

 

 

“It’s none of your business.” Jiyong looked at the girl when he heard her voice. He then pointed a finger at her while saying those things.

 

 

“Well, I’m just the owner of this bar so it’s totally my business what is happening here.” The short-haired girl then looked at Jiyong with anger visible on her rounded eyes.

 

 

“I’m sorry for the trouble. He is my friend and I’m just trying to lure him in coming home.” Daesung said when he felt the tension between the two. Daesung then smiled apologetically at the girl then shifted his gaze towards Jiyong. He sighed in relief when he saw that Jiyong already stood up from his chair.

 

 

“Sorry again, Ms?...” Daesung asked. Hoping for the girl to say her name.

 

 

“Mizuhara. Kiko Mizuhara.” Kiko smiled at Daesung.

 

 

Daesung was about to go to Jiyong’s side and support him when Jiyong grabbed Kiko’s shoulders and roughly made her face him.

 

 

“What are you doing?! Let go of—“ Kiko’s word were muffled when Jiyong’s lips crashed on her. Daesung’s eye widen as he was rooted on his spot. Kiko flared her arms and hit Jiyong’s back. She then placed her hand on Jiyong’s chest and put all her strength to push him away and she succeed. She looked at him flabbergasted and she held her lips. She held her chest and felt her heart. It was beating frenzy.

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes were wide as he stared at the girl he just kissed. He doesn’t know what came to him. He just had the urge to kiss her. He clutched at his chest and felt that his heart was beating fast. He smiled as he thought the he is finally moving on.