|-1-| How she broke his heart.

Second Chance

 

“I never imagined you in a wedding dress, Bommie.” Dara joked when the newlyweds approached their table.

 

 

“Shut up. I’ve always imagined myself being married.” Bom said as she playfully slapped Dara’s shoulder. Dara laughed heartily at her friend.

 

 

“When are you planning on getting married, man?” Seunghyun said as he tapped Jiyong on the shoulders.

 

 

“If it’s me, I wanted to get married this instance. But you know our setting.” Jiyong sighed as he looked ahead of him and locked his gaze on his girlfriend; if he can call her that. Seunghyun just squeezed Jiyong’s shoulder and looked at him apologetically. Jiyong smiled reassuringly at him to erase the pity seen on Seunghyun’s eye.

 

 

“Honey, mom and dad wanted to talk to us.” Seunghyun said as he s his arms on his wife’s waist.

 

 

“Aigoo. Can you two wait for that later?” Chaerin said as she winked at her Bom unnie.

 

 

“Let’s go. Have fun, guys!” Bom said as she waved her hands and smiled at her and Seunghyun’s set of friends.

 

 

“They really are meant to be together.” Minzy said dreamily as she followed her gaze towards the retreating back of Bom and Seunghyun. All the occupants of the table nod their head as they agreed on what Minzy said.

 

 

“I wonder who will be married next.” Chaerin asked as she discreetly looked at couple who have the most complicated relationship in that table.

 

 

“I don’t know. But that is certainly not me.” Dara said as she smiled sweetly and looked at the man beside her. Jiyong looked back at her and smiled.

 

 

“You want us to be next, Chae?” Seungri asked as he reached out for his girlfriend’s hand and held it near his lips to kiss it.

 

 

“Of course, Seungri. I’ve always wanted to get married.” Chaerin said dreamily as she leaned her head towards Seungri’s chest.

 

 

“Can you guys knock it out?” Teayang said as he threw a table napkin in Seungri’s way. Seungri just threw a glare at Taeyang but he remained hugging Chaerin while the latter is still leaning her head on her boyfriend.

 

 

The rest of the night goes smoothly as they danced and laughed all evening. Bom and Seunghyun went to them once in a while to check on them. They repeatedly greeted the newlyweds a ‘congratulations’ as the latter couple thanked everyone.

 

 

“Ji, let’s go home?” Dara said as she held Jiyong’s hand and smiled at him.

 

 

“Sure. I’ll tell them.” Jiyong said as he kissed Dara’s hand first before turning his head towards his friends.

 

 

“We’ll go home now guys.” Jiyong said as he picked up the coat he discarded a while ago and wrapped his arms around Dara’s shoulders.

 

 

“Take care, hyung, noona.” Seungri said as he smiled at the complicated couple in front of him.

 

 

“I’ll see you again soon, unnie.” Chaerin said as she stood up from her seat and kissed Dara’s cheeks before hugging Jiyong.

 

 

“I’ll just call you, Minzy and IU. We’ll have our girl bonding.” Dara said as she winked at the three girls before leading their way towards the exit of the hotel.

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

 

During the whole ride, Jiyong was quiet and his eyes are focused on the road. Dara can’t help but to feel uncomfortable because of the silence. She stole a glance on Jiyong’s eye and saw that it has somehow a faraway look. She furrowed her brows as she wondered what Jiyong could be thinking. After some time of figuring it out, she gave up when she thought of nothing.

 

 

She placed her hand on Jiyong’s shoulders and lightly squeezed it. Jiyong then briefly looked at her and smiled before turning her attention at the road.

 

 

“Ji, why are you so silent?” Dara said as she leaned on Jiyong’s shoulders.

 

 

“I’m just thinking, Dara.” Jiyong said as he sighed.

 

 

“What is it?” Dara asked.

 

 

“Nothing. It’s nothing, Dara.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“We can talk about it, Ji.”

 

 

“Yeah. Later, when we got home.” Jiyong said as he focused his gaze on the road. Dara shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

“What’s bothering you, Ji?” Dara asked as soon as they entered her apartment. Jiyong immediately went to the living room as she placed her keys on the drawers.

 

 

“I’ve been bothered by our relationship, Dara.” Jiyong said as he stood in the middle of the living room while his eyes are directed directly at Dara.

 

 

“Are we going through this again?” Dara said as she groaned inwardly.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“We’ve already talked about this, Ji. I’m tired. Let’s rest.” Dara said as she advances towards Ji.

 

 

“No, Dara. We have to talk about this tonight.” Jiyong sternly said.

 

 

“Okay. What do you want to talk about, Ji?”

 

 

“I want to get married, Dara.” Jiyong said. Dara stiffened. “And I want you to be my wife.”

 

 

Dara just stayed silent as Jiyong waited for her to speak up. Dara looked in Jiyong’s eyes and saw many emotions swirling through it. But sadness stood up above all emotions.

 

 

“Ji, we have tal—“

 

 

“I know we have talked about marriage, Dara. And you made yourself clear. You don’t want to get married. But I want to get married. I want to marry you.” Jiyong said as he went nearer to Dara.

 

 

“I want to have kids with you, Dara. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can’t imagine living my life without you.” Jiyong said as he took Dara’s hand and squeezed it.

 

 

“Jiyong.” Dara whispered and Jiyong already knew the answer.

 

 

“Can you please think about it, Dara?” Jiyong pleaded. Dara shook her head as she stick through with her plans in life.

 

 

“When we entered this relationship two years ago, we have talked about this Jiyong. You agreed to it. You said you will never make me change my mind. You said that you are totally okay with it. I don’t have any plans on getting married, Ji. Not in my whole life. And nor do I have plans on having kids. I’ve said that long ago.” Dara said as she withdrew her hands from Jiyong’s grasp.

 

 

Jiyong raked his hands on his hair as his patience is slowly ebbing away.

 

 

“I think we should stop seeing each other, Ji.” Dara said. Jiyong’s eye widens as he took deep breaths. He grabbed Dara’s hands again and made her face him.

 

 

“I know that I’ve agreed to all your circumstances when we entered this complicated relationship. But, goddammit! I’ve never expected to fall in love with you!”Jiyong said as he grabbed Dara’s shoulders and shook her lightly. “I love you, Dara!” Jiyong shouted which startled Dara a bit.

 

 

“You know I don’t do this ‘love’ thing, Jiyong.” Dara said. “Just lock the door when you leave.” Dara said emotionlessly as she turned around and walked towards her room.

 

 

“I love you, Dara.” Jiyong said that stopped Dara on her tracks.  Jiyong waited for her to turn her head around and look at him but she didn’t. Dara continued on with her pace and when she entered her room, she shut the door firmly.

 

 

As soon as he heard her door closed, a tear escaped his eyes. He wiped them off angrily and took one last look at her room. “I love you.” He whispered before turning around and heading towards the door. He bowed his head as he took hold of the door knob. He turned it and opened the door. Then he went out of her apartment and out of her life.

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

 

When Dara heard her door was closed. She inhaled a deep breath. She clutched her chest as she sighed in relief. Her relationship with Jiyong had officially ended. But come to think of it, they were never really an official couple. Dara never wanted them to be an official couple. Dara never believed in love. Dara never wanted to get married. Dara doesn’t believe in happy ever after even if her parents set an example that happy ever after do exist.

 

 

She lied on her bed and closed her eyes and drifted off to dreamland with nothing in her heart but peace.